• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Bernd Leno: 2019/20 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.

DasBootist

Honestly don't remember it like that but now that you mention it I suppose you are right. At the time it didn't bug me but hindsight is 20/20 and you've pointed something out to me here.
The only one that stayed with me after all these years was his CL final red card. Ridiculous decision-making from him there.

albakos

Arséne Wenger: "I will miss you"
Administrator

Player:Saka
Best keeper I’ve seen so far since Lehmann.

Thought he’d done alright last year but he’s found another gear this year.

He is very calm and saving our faces, in similar fashion like De Gea has done for so many seasons with United.

Can't remember the last time he made a mistake leading to a goal.

Consider all the horror shows that we had with Cech, Almunia, Szczesny, Ospina etc...
It's like going from Yugo to a Tesla

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Just watching his save competition Arsenal youtube account posted yesterday. the defending in this video was so bad feel sorry for leno.

Reactions: roz

Malky

Established Member

What is your problem with Leno? He alone has literally saved our season so far. He's been one of Europes standout keepers so far and yet you bang on about selling him or wanting Martinez to start over him.

It has nothing to do with that I don't rate Leno.

Its a bad interview to make IMO. We only manage good 20 minutes after what has been months of terrible football. To say we are all suddenly playing with freedom is a bit premature from my point of view.

GDeep™

League is very weak

Its a bad interview to make IMO. We only manage good 20 minutes after what has been months of terrible football. To say we are all suddenly playing with freedom is a bit premature from my point of view.
Even if we don’t get the results, his point still stands, Freddie has lightened the atmosphere and given the guys a little more freedom.

yybecause

Formerly known as ArsenaLover

read it again maybe. he said nothing wrong

yybecause

Formerly known as ArsenaLover
I disagree.

Hope so but the evidence in front of us is only 20 minutes against poor West Ham side. There is still a huge work needed to be done.

nothing wrong with him saying Freddie is freeing them up. He never said we are playing great, just that Freddie is letting them express better in a way they want. Don't get carried away, just like Leno didn't

nothing wrong with him saying Freddie is freeing them up. He never said we are playing great, just that Freddie is letting them express better in a way they want. Don't get carried away, just like Leno didn't

I disagree. I don't think this is the time to be pretending we are doing greatly and playing with freedom. I hope the reality with the players is different in the training and they are working harder than ever.

I still think its some way until we actually play a top game from the start to the finish but hopefully we can get it very soon!

Hexagon9

Not really. Remember all the drama surrounding him? Opposition players could wind him up far too easily. You need a keeper who's calm under pressure, not someone who ends up giving penalties away by crashing into attackers who've annoyed him.
You’re right. Didn’t he go through a phase where he kept grabbing hold of/pushing/charging attackers as we were about to defend corners and free kicks?

Apparently it’s a condition known as “Harald Schumacher syndrome”.

Last edited:

DasBootist

I disagree. I don't think this is the time to be pretending we are doing greatly and playing with freedom. I hope the reality with the players is different in the training and they are working harder than ever.

I still think its some way until we actually play a top game from the start to the finish but hopefully we can get it very soon!
Ljungberg didn’t mess around with Emery’s tram too much for his first two games and was rewarded with a draw and a home defeat to Brighton. He proceeded to drop Luiz, start Pepe and Martinelli and play Aubameyang but not Lacazette, and when the team started clicking we won our first three points away from home since God knows when.

Leno can say whatever he likes because I can umderstand the relief he and others must be feeling.

boyinneedofhumor

"Dear Leno,

Would you consider exploring another passing avenue with the rest of the team before the 16th?
Apart from the sideways passes to the CB/FB or straight to the midfield like you did vs West Ham?

It might be useful on the 16th..."

Ewarwoowar

He is a fantastic shot stopper, one of the best, he also reads the game well knowing when to come charge out of the box, I hope though the new goalkeeping coach can work on his flapping on high balls, although I have seen some improvement in recent times, he still looks shaky punching balls when entering the fray.

The biggest disappointment is distribution, either too slow when releasing for pass out from the back or his long balls are pretty shocking, seldom does he land the ball in a decent channel to benefit our attackers, e.g. If Auba is facing Leno and has a defender tight to him but predominantly on his left shoulder you would hoof the ball to the left side of pitch to the right side of Auba so as when he turns he is immediately in a position to turn his marker and favorite for the ball, Leno seems to mostly benefit the defender by putting on his side making it easy for the defender to get body in front of ball and knowing Auba is not the type to tussle.

Just needs a tweak and this guy could be legit elite.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom