• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mesut Özil: 2019/20 Performances

Why Isn't Özil Playing?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

HaffBR

Designer of fancy pyramids
You most probably are. Shame, as it's a bit of a long post

Thanks for making me sure of this, could have at least quoted my entire post. I will remember this and when I will reply to your posts, I will only quote the part that interest me the most, from now on.

Gunner-Union

What he showed was that if we got a real attacking midfielder, instead of one that only shows up for 20 mins a game, we'd be a lot better.

Once we finally get past the spectre that is Özil, and sign someone like Maddison or Ziyech, you'll remember what real attacking football looks like.

I’d like grealish tbh he’d be perfect in a midfield 3 with a dm anchoring and another b2b In there, grealish also helps out in defense and gets back which all AM have to do nowadays

freeglennhelder2

Established Member

Player:Elneny
Watch the goals that won us the game today, strange coming from a finished player :lol:

He‘s the only one in our midfield who can do things like that.

Our only chance to get something against City is if he plays.

First goal: Brilliant ball from Torreria that sliced the defense open, a great cross from Kola for a change

Second goal: Özil plays a regular pass to Auba who is surrounded by opp players. Nothing special, a pass that any of us could have completed. Wonder goal from the boy Pepe

Third goal: Outstanding pass from Özil to kick things off. It has to be said another great pass from Torreria preceded this.

If Laca had missed the open goal header that Özil screwed up in the first half certain posters on here would have had a primary embolism

KINDLY PLEASE REFRAIN FROM POSTING FAKE NEWS ON THIS FORUM

Last edited:

roz

Fake News Merchant
Maybe we can get away with playing Özil against teams like Norwich/west ham/Newcastle etc. But the moment you play against one of the big boys you’re in trouble as you just cant afford to have a passenger for 60mins. You’ll get punished.

kraphtous

Raul Stanllehi
First goal: Brilliant ball from Torreria that sliced the defense open, a great cross from Kola for a change

Second goal: Özil plays a regular pass to Auba who is surrounded by opp players. Nothing special, a pass that any of us could have completed. Wonder goal from the boy Pepe

Third goal: Outstanding pass from Özil to kick things off. It has to be said another great pass from Torreria preceded this.

If Laca had missed the open goal header that Özil screwed up in the first half certain posters on here would have had a primary embolism

Second goal, Özil involved in the goal.
Third goal, Özil involved for another goal.

These are facts.

Now kindly, come back when he has a bad game. He has had just one all season.

elemoo

Maybe we can get away with playing Özil against teams like Norwich/west ham/Newcastle etc. But the moment you play against one of the big boys you’re in trouble as you just cant afford to have a passenger for 60mins. You’ll get punished.

He played well in his last few games vs Liverpool and wasn't bad vs Chelsea... he's hardly had a bad game all season, so i'd say his attitude has improved and merits playing against city.... any of our other options will be so out of their depth in the #10 role vs City's midfield.

Give him some cover and a runner so he doesn't have to track back as much and we good... he'll hurt City's current defense.

roz

Fake News Merchant
He played well in his last few games vs Liverpool and wasn't bad vs Chelsea... he's hardly had a bad game all season, so i'd say his attitude has improved and merits playing against city.... any of our other options will be so out of their depth in the #10 role vs City's midfield.

Give him some cover and a runner so he doesn't have to track back as much and we good... he'll hurt City's current defense.
But thats just it, “he wasn’t bad”. We need more than that. Its not like when we have played with him we’ve created lots more chances. It just seems risky playing with him against big sides. maybe the answer could be to play without a 10 role.
on the other hand, why break up the team that won at long last.... its annoying because you just want that bit extra from Özil and its so rare that he manages to do it despite being the most talented player We have

krackpot

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Second goal, Özil involved in the goal.
Third goal, Özil involved for another goal.

These are facts.

Now kindly, come back when he has a bad game. He has had just one all season.

Shearer: West Ham couldn't cope with Özil .
Tim Sherwood: Everything good comes through Özil. Declan Rice could not find the answer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom