• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Emile Smith Rowe: 2019/20 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.

DJ_Markstar

Based and Artetapilled

Player:Martinelli
Surprised this thread wasn't bumped up after his performance the other night, but another top performance from ESR. He's quicker on the pitch than I always think he is, and he seems to have a remarkably complete game for a lad his age. Between him, Saka and Martinelli we have some serious potential emerging and there's no reason they can't be the first choice front three in 3-5 years if they develop well and don't leave :lol:

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
I thought he was the best player on the pitch for the vast majority of the game. I was impressed not just by his technical security - his choice of passes and dribbles were very mature - but his bravery to make those choices whether hard or easy. He stood up to the physical test aswell until he tired.

He must stay fit. Hes been free of injury most of the season so far bar the concussion he sustained v Forest and slowly built his stock again. I look forward to seeing more of him in the first team.

Maybe

You're wrong, no?
I look forward to seeing more of him in the first team.
I can't see that happen even though he is my favorite academy player. EL from now on will be played by more senior players, we are out of League cup and those are usually chances for academy players. For others like Saka, Willock and Martinelli, there will be chances because they are more or less regular now, but ESR and Nelson will have to look elsewhere to get their chance to play for the rest of the season (preferably better loan than what Nketiah is having atm)

If he stays fit, he is the guy who could replace Özil long term now that it's more clear that Willock doesn't fit there and transfer budget is needed more for CB's and replacing senior forwards

Gunner-Union

Always thought of him as more of a bo2 box / AM he has decent height and engine and gets stuck in and has that class when on the ball. Imo could be a big star as his all round game is very good for cm

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
Always thought of him as more of a bo2 box / AM he has decent height and engine and gets stuck in and has that class when on the ball. Imo could be a big star as his all round game is very good for cm
Agree. Long term hes definitely an 8/10. Hes someone who needs to be at the centre of the game. Has the personality and technique to dominate.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

Would be suited to a mid 3 with a dm and another cm alongside him

Just came here to say the same thing. Perfect "interior" midfielder in a 4-3-3. Can receive the ball between the lines, turns brilliants, great pass on him, keeps the ball well under pressure and can also be a goal threat if needed.

Part of the reason why we need to get the right coach in too. Talents like ESR, Saka, Martinelli, Willock need a system and proper guidance and they'll excel. However it's vital that they get these thins.

Arsenal1508

Mods are unethical! Özil, come assist me please!
Start him vs City in place of Özil.

This 3-5 year project is nonsense. He can't do worse than Özil.

HaffBR

Designer of fancy pyramids
I think this boy should have more chances. He seemed solid technically and with attitude on the pitch.

darkgunner

Start him vs City in place of Özil.

This 3-5 year project is nonsense. He can't do worse than Özil.

Give him a run out for 60-70 mins and then put on Özil. Mesut will only give us 20mins of actual effort anyway, so might as well just use him at the end.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
His stamina is a worry, should be getting minutes in the league in Özil's role, our best youngster.
Wouldnt worry too much about that long term. He's does need more match fitness at this level but generally his fitness levels are very high. Agree again though, this is a guy we need to be central.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom