• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mesut Özil: 2019/20 Performances

Why Isn't Özil Playing?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sell the fool. The club pays him a lot more than his worth and now he wants to destroy our Chinese interests.

China won't care how much we grovel and distance ourselves from Özil. As long as he is a player of this club, they will belive Özil's views are Arsenals views. Selling him is the only way to build ties with China again.

Özil knew how china would react everyone in the sports world knows considering how China reacted to the Housten Rockets and he still made his pointless political gesture that won't solve anything.

HaffBR

Designer of fancy pyramids
Problem to rate Özil is that people think he is a midfield while he is a forward. He was OK as a forward, below average maybe, lack of hungry... as a midfielder nonexistent tho.

HaffBR

Designer of fancy pyramids
He got worse as the game went on, but when he went off we had very little possession and it really became a training run for City.

You don't want to dispute possession with City, right? The correct game was a counterattack with Martinelli and Pepe helping in the defense, pressure in the midfield and counterattack for the sides.

Arsenal has no defense and midfield quality on the ball to play the game City played, let alone the standards/scripted moves for it, that would need new players and time. You could try playing this game at other opportunities, though... against lesser opponents.

Ash10

Chairman of the Bum Brigade
He's mentally done with football it seems. That fiasco relating to Erdogan started his shift of focus & now he keeps on doing these political crap rather rather focusing on the pitch.

Gooner_girl14

it's confounding really.

he's not declined a lot physically, but mentally he's not that sharp.

Think it's just a matter of motivation more than anything. We shot ourselves in the foot by giving him that contract, unfortunately. Then he was left out a lot and has missed quite a bit of football really...might also explain the lack of sharpness. But TBH I'm not sure what anyone was expecting Özil or any of our players to do vs City. Xhaka-Torreira atm is undoubtedly our best midfield pairing and when I learned Xhaka was injured I knew we'd leak goals like anything. And it's no surprise that we were easily overran by City.

Gooner_girl14

You don't want to dispute possession with City, right? The correct game was a counterattack with Martinelli and Pepe helping in the defense, pressure in the midfield and counterattack for the sides.

Arsenal has no defense and midfield quality on the ball to play the game City played, let alone the standards/scripted moves for it, that would need new players and time. You could try playing this game at other opportunities, though... against lesser opponents.

Yes I agree that counter attack was our best chance. But we have a bit of an injury crisis ATM on top of being in our worst form in decades...then we conceded immediately and lost another fullback. TBH I'm not sure what more Freddie could have done.

GunnerShy

Won't have to read about Özil to China anymore. He's not lost his ability, but simply doesn't do enough without the ball. Old adage fortune favours the brave.

I believe luck favours those that work hard. Chasing down 50/50 balls, running hard forwards and backwards. You couldn't say he's due any good luck.

Gooner_girl14

That was probably an ironic clap. I was in the stadium. Pretty much the same thing. He was jeered. He was walking out slowly and a section booed.

Didn't seem that way on TV, so maybe it wasn't a huge number of fans. Commentators also described fan reaction to his sub as getting a "friendly hand", or something to that effect. I imagine he wasn't booed as much as Xhaka because everyone knew we weren't catching City lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom