• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang: 2019/20 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

Aubameyang left Dortmund on bad terms and looks like he is going to do the same here. Oh well. Another multi millionaire footballer that can down tools when it suits them. I'm so glad I've got GAA as a fall back. An amateur sport where people play for love not money.

Garrincha

Wilf Zaha Aficionado
Trusted ⭐
I dont really have a problem with strikers having that diva streak.

In a rank average team he got the golden boot last season & in a poor team this season on course for over 20 league goals again. Hopefully the next manager can get him on side & Raul can find a 2/3 year extension. 30 is nothing... round Europe 30-34 year olds are leading the charts.

Like **** we are replacing him with a 20 goal a season striker... its like people learnt nothing from the Giroud years.

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

Speaking of which, how are Celtic getting on this season?
Won the first cup this season making it 10 straight domestic trophies in a row, top of the league and topped their Europa League group. All in all an excellent season to date :)

I guess I have Celtic to fall back on but GAA is pure. No money, hard hitting love of the game.

Reactions: A_G

truth_hurts

but Holding’s hair transplant was painless
I wouldn't dislike Auba if he left. Done a great job here. Him leaving could work well for all parties.

OSBK

Established Member
I dont really have a problem with strikers having that diva streak.

In a rank average team he got the golden boot last season & in a poor team this season on course for over 20 league goals again. Hopefully the next manager can get him on side & Raul can find a 2/3 year extension. 30 is nothing... round Europe 30-34 year olds are leading the charts.

Like **** we are replacing him with a 20 goal a season striker... its like people learnt nothing from the Giroud years.

See if you put auba in the team that giroud had with prime sanchez, on form Özil, fit santi and we probably win the league. Put giroud from that period into our team now and we would look a much better team than we are now. Pepe/martinelli are crying out for a target man they can play off.

My point is for all auba goals he hasnt really helped the team for the actual qualities we need right now. Thinking about what i said above, if auba was here when we had prime sanchez and in form Özil he wouldve broke records.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
It's a tricky one with Auba. Like I said in another thread, he's both a solution and a problem - which is a microcosm for Arsenal's squad as a whole currently.

He's done as well as he can do IMO. He's scored a f*ckton of goals, the absolute best goalscorer we've had since RVP - arguably the best goalscorer in the league since his arrival, the main source of output in the team. He also is a pretty one-dimensional striker - and I don't mean that as a slight, rather an objective analysis. He has a limited range of things that he does to an impeccably high standard, and it's unfortunate that we don't really have the squad to support what he does. Our situation definitely requires a forward with more engagement to help the overall process, rather than an anomaly that thrives 80% of the time in spite of the poor process.

In most circumstances you'd be infinitely resistant, much less reluctant, to sell a commodity like Auba. But this is not an ordinary circumstance IMO and the alternatives have to be considered - particularly as it seems we are very likely going to lose him anyway. That said, I won't lose sleep. He will not be the first star striker we have ever lost.

Tosker

Does Not Hate Foreigners
So remind me what happened to the last player who was desperate to leave us in order to win stuff?

Underhill

Let's be honest here. If you were Auba, and had maybe 2 more good years, would you stay? Maybe for a Özil kind of contract, but you'd be giving up the chance to win trophies.

I just hope he leaves with dignity. I want none of that **** he pulled with Dortmund. He will be remembered fondly, but not as a club legend.

GDeep™

League is very weak
As a footballer, Auba was probably the worst starting striker I have seen at Arsenal. Laca is worse, but he’s not a starting striker so doesn’t count for me.

Jasard

Forum Issue Troubleshooter

Isn't it Miguel Delaney who said Auba is desperate to leave? Guy is a *****.

Penn_

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Auba is a weird case where everyone has pretty much accepted he’ll leave in the summer, but really there hasn’t been too much talk of it.

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
The thing with these "star players" we have is that where they are now is the highest they will be. How likely is it that Barcelona or Madrid are prepared to pay 40m for Auba?

Juventus wont. PSG unlikely.

I think if he moves its gonna end up being in some loan type more or some swap deal.

Jovic has went of the radar this season but a straight swap with him could be an option or Ceballos or something. We basically need to get as much as we can for these aging players.

Theres also players out there with release clauses who could be an option. You look at Liverpool signing Minamino for 7m. Today 7m doesnt but you a championship player.

Even if he doesnt turn out the best (which he probably will) they will still recoup that figure and more.

We need to clear out older players and aim for players with something to prove going forward.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

I'm obsessed by the idea of making my mark on history. And Arsenal is my paradise.

Thierry Henry

Latest posts

Top Bottom