• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

AFTV

Marsal

Bosnian Gooner
Sometimes I do watch AFTV but only Lee Judges (he seems like a really nice bloke and we kinda share same opinion) and Graham ( he's a guy who explains you football really nicely without sounding to cocky about it).

In my opinion those 2 are only regulars worth watching.

Honorouble mentions to Moh and Kelechi, guess they ain't bad.

Others like DT, Troopz, Claude etc are really, really toxic and because of them even in my country (goddamned Bosnia) Arsenal fans are considered as crazy, toxic, lunatic and deluded fanbase and that's the opinion that can be read on a 2-3 most popular sport forums here.

That's how much impact those knuckleheads have, not only in UK but worldwide.

They should be banned.

And dont know what to say about Robbie. If he really is an Arsenal fan like he says he is, he would find a way to distance himself from those negativity spreaders but he knows their rants equals money sooo... Robbie must decide is he an Arsenal fan or money fan.

I'm not against AFTV if he finds a way to reduce toxicity but I doubt he will do it. He found a way to earn money and he'll stick to it till the very end.

Eaststander74

Jury Lite II
Was going to post about this, they murdered Wenger on that channel and Robbie allowed it. DT especially went below the belt with Wenger a lot.

Even now, they abuse the players and Robbie allows it.

If probably doesn’t suit Robbie to pull back DT or Troopz now.
People on here were calling him senile etc... As long as we’re not pretending this place is a beacon of moral values and measured opinions....

Vanpayslip

What you don't get is that this club haven't simply been treading water in the last few years. The club has been trending downward since the late Wenger era as a result of mismanagement and a lack of ambition. We haven't even retained our status as a perennial Top 4 team. Throughout the "perennial 4th place" era, I was on the same camp as you are. It takes time, at least we are still a decent team with quality players. But we've gone further back from that. Year after year we've kept losing world class players due to a lack of ambition. It's not about being a City or a Liverpool, or achieving the success of the prime Wenger era yet again. It's not about an immediate return. It's about not throwing the status out of the window, retaining a winning culture and an ambitious attitude. We have not done that, and haven't the club hasn't done much to give the fans something to be hopeful about.

This club did not become a laughing stock due to its failure to win titles, it became a laughing stock because it became associated with a losing attitude and weakness. United haven't won a league title in ages and have been terrible for a while, but they are still leagues away from becoming the type of laughing stock Arsenal has. You have to step away and look how the club is perceived from the outside. There's a reason this club has stopped attracting young prospects looking to take the next step.

The Arteta hire is the first thing in ages that has given me hope about Arsenal being an ambitious club again, which is the reason I signed up to the forum.

And the Goodison Park incident wasn't about that at all. You really think mere criticism of the club's direction would result in such a backlash? As if that's not happening everywhere associated with Arsenal? It was a backlash against unsavory characters on AFTV, and frankly, because the impact of AFTV has been blown way out of proportion.

This constant regurgitating of the same old nonsense has been boring for a long time now. There is a whole section of the fan base that quite literally say the same stuff over and over again. No discussing what happened in the game, no discussing actual facts but reverting back to pointless talk of stuff that has not much to do with reality.

It’s not only boring but embarrassing that some of the fan base has sunk so low only to become sheep that repeat the same stuff over and over again. As an example, your two replies to my posts don’t actually discuss what I wrote. They go straight into the usual waffle in auto pilot mode.

I’m not surprised at all other fans are getting fed up.

celestis

Arsenal-Mania Veteran

People on here were calling him senile etc... As long as we’re not pretending this place is a beacon of moral values and measured opinions....

This is what has me scratching my head, people on here still have been abusing Wenger till this day, a whole stadiun booed Xhaka and on and on it goes . Cazorla got injured it was called a " blessing in disguise" and on it goes. I have always disliked AFTV but to blame them for toxic atmosphere is once again Arsenal fans blaming others rather than look in the mirror

Malky

Established Member
AFTV actually produce decent content which I find myself watching if I’m bored and need of some football chat. Graham I think with his tactics, Lee Judges and Kevin Campbell is good stuff.

The issue here though is that AFTV has created two monsters who get the most numbers for their mainly controversial views.
I generally can’t stand AFTV due to the fact that they keep interviewing the same imbeciles every game, DT and Troopz being the obvious ones. But I agree, they do get the occasional, level headed, genuine match going fans who give good, intelligent interviews.
Robbie is a massive prick aswel, can’t believe there’s people who can’t see through his bullshit “ positivity “, he’s not playing ‘ Devils Advocate ‘ all he’s doing is trying to cause an argument or a rant from who he’s interviewing because it gains him more views. DT and Troopz are usually the main two who bite and he stands back and lets them rant knowing it’s bigger views.
Done right AFTV could be an amazing platform, unfortunately it’s done for views and money so it’ll continue being the same embarrassment it’s always been. ‘ Ya understand, fam, blud, fam. Get me? ‘

Garrincha

Wilf Zaha Aficionado
Trusted ⭐
Done right AFTV could be an amazing platform, unfortunately it’s done for views and money so it’ll continue being the same embarrassment it’s always been. ‘ Ya understand, fam, blud, fam. Get me? ‘

Have you watched any of the podcasts or non matchday content?

Even the main protagonists are pretty level headed away from matchday. Personally will try most Arsenal content & they are not any more negative than other more regarded blog podcasts... the most negative guy I have heard has to be Lee Dixon of all people. :lol:

Gooner416

Master of Stonks
Trusted ⭐

I think without Troopz and DT speaking like they do, that channel really declines. They drive that channel.
That’s the dilemma as the channel can have such a positive impact, but unfortunately it isn’t as “successful” as the controversy stirred by the aforementioned.

The DT, Troopz, Ty etc. are nasty nasty people who far push the boundaries for celebrity, where as Claude, I think was actually mentally ill. And as much as Robbie is a positive bloke who had good intentions, he pushes them and encourages them for his own benefit.

Gooner416

Master of Stonks
Trusted ⭐

But the fact that Robbie allow them to speak that way and uploads it on HIS channel makes him just as responsible imo.
Which is why I have no problem with fans from the opposite view approaching him as he’s responsible for the product on the channel.

OSBK

Established Member
I think robbie has done well, he has made some good money. I am not surprised the route it has taken. What i am surprised about is that the amount of views and media coverage we havent seen a bigger player nationally go out and do the same at every club. I would pay to watch millwall fan tv

Beany

ITK
Trusted ⭐

I saw them after the city game - you can see my nose in camera to the left of Robbie and my massively tall son somewhere in the background.

Fans were singing “Robbie, buy the club” and wanging on about his Canada Goose jacket.

They’re amusing enough guys on the make but definitely not to be taken seriously....

irishgunnerz

AWOL
Trusted ⭐
Honestly can't stand them. Robbie seems decent but he's taken what could have been a great idea and monetised it to within an inch of its life - and that requires controversy, anger and whipping up outrage.

Celestis - agree it's probably unfair to blame them for it, more they are a symptom of the times. Social media allows people to whip up anger and to get a reaction far quicker. AFTV take that to an extreme, all to make cash or to get celebrity from a club they supposedly follow. It's a pantomime... they can't implode soon enough for me!

Top Bottom