• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

PL: Bournemouth vs Arsenal | Thursday 26th December | KO: 15:00 | Amazon Prime

Result?

• Arsenal Win

Votes: 71 84.5%
  • Draw

Votes: 10 11.9%
  • Bournemouth Win

Votes: 3 3.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

I think it hold hand in hand the less humping we see the better football we will get! Hoping for the best but preparing for the worst!

bojed

AM Resident Joker #1
I can't wait to see how Saka and Torreira will fare against Bournemouth.

Both were good against Everton, especially Saka.

OnlyOne

‘Donkeys don’t have a peak, they remain useless’
Trusted ⭐

I'm nervous and have heartburn :(

freeglennhelder2

Established Member

Player:Elneny
How long before one of the usuals start ranting at Laca on this thread because he is breathing too loud or his hair is not combed properly or he isn't manically grinning like the Joker.

I’ll give it a maximum of 3 minutes from kick off. Over to you gentlemen.

COYG!!!

yybecause

Formerly known as ArsenaLover
Who would play wide out on the left? Saka is the obvious choice but it looks like he is filling in at LB again which leaves no proper wide choice.

Saka won't be playing anywhere but on LB until we get Kola back, probably even then.

433 or 442, We'll see a lot of Özil drifting, leaving Auba space to basically play as a striker
Nelson on the left, hopefully

I wonder how careful footballers are with their web browsing. Gylfi Sig always striked me as someone who has something to hide.

Not anything bad. But just some weird stuff.

Football Manager

Copy & Paste Merchant
Who would play wide out on the left? Saka is the obvious choice but it looks like he is filling in at LB again which leaves no proper wide choice.
i281756464732436692._szw1280h1280_.jpg

Because the goal is in the middle, so the middle of the pitch is the most dangerous area. But it will also be the most congested area.

That’s why you need width to open it up. But too many players on the flanks are not good, since the wide areas are not the most dangerous areas.

So Guardiola will put a maximum of one wide player as wide as possible, hugging the touch line on each flanks, to provide width and passing options (only one player on each side).

There are two ways that he would achieve that:

1 the wingers stay wide, the wingbacks tuck in as central midfielders, and central midfielders push up to attack the half space. OR

2 the wingers drift inside to occupy the half space, the wingbacks stays wide, moving up and down vertically, and the central midfielders stays as central midfielders.

3 a combination of 1&2

Interesting to see which way Arteta will choose. Which wide players he would pick will depend on that.

Last edited:

OnlyOne

‘Donkeys don’t have a peak, they remain useless’
Trusted ⭐

i281756464732436692._szw1280h1280_.jpg

Because the goal is in the middle, so the middle of the pitch is the most dangerous area. But it will also be the most congested area. That’s why you need width to open it up. But two many players on the flanks are not good since wide area are not the most dangerous areas.

So Guardiola will put a maximum of one wide player as wide as possible, hugging the touch line on each flanks, to provide width and passing options (only one each on each side).

There are two ways that he would achieve that:

1 the wingers stays wide, the wingbacks tuck in as central midfielders, and central midfielders push up to help the attack occupying the half space. OR

2 the wingers drift inside to occupy the half space, the wingbacks stays wide moving up and down vertically, and the central midfielders stays as central midfielders.

@GDeep™

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom