• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

PL: Arsenal vs Chelsea | Sunday 29th December | KO: 14:00 GMT | Sky Sports

Result?

• Arsenal Win

Votes: 49 55.1%
  • Draw

Votes: 25 28.1%
  • Chelsea Win

Votes: 15 16.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

CaseUteinberger

Established Member

Only negative was how many empty seats there were at the end, the players finally gave everything, it shouldnt of been too much to ask the early leavers to stay and do the same, joke fans that left early today
Give the match going fans a break. If they have tube and trains to catch it is a haul to get home. Used to live in South Bucks area and it took quite a while to get home from a game. At least 1.5-2 hours with public transport. We usually ended up in a nearby pub and caught an Uber home once things had died down. But totally understand some fans if they need to leave early in London. It’s a hassle to get from one end to another.

teamsoutheast

Player:Ødegaard
I don't know why we keep persisting with playing the ball out from the back it is such a slow way of getting the play started again we might as well let the keeper kick the ball out and have players further up the pitch,
We don't play quick enough for playing out from the back too many of our players are passing the ball around the defence instead of getting the ball forward.
The whole point of playing out from the back is to draw their midfield higher and open up space for our creative players. If it's done right, it can be a deadly weapon.

Penn_

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
It’s been a while since I’ve actually felt we were robbed by the refs, can only be a good sign.

Use to just accepting poor decisions with the performance. But it’s quite bitter when a player that shouldn’t be on the pitch gets an equaliser.

Pepes blue pill

Give the match going fans a break. If they have tube and trains to catch it is a haul to get home. Used to live in South Bucks area and it took quite a while to get home from a game. At least 1.5-2 hours with public transport. We usually ended up in a nearby pub and caught an Uber home once things had died down. But totally understand some fans if they need to leave early in London. It’s a hassle to get from one end to another.

Im well aware of that, I go to games when I can so know what its like, on a game like today though I would expect you to stay and get behind the players, they gave everything and left nothing behind, do the same

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

Hopefully Arteta is ruthless and drops Guendouzi and Mustafi. Whilst Guendouzi was right to call on Mustafi to push up on Abraham his gentle jog backwards was worse.

We are a team that is still two full backs, a centre back and a winger short of a starting XI. But that's what can happen and can not be an excuse when two goals were lost not due to not having those players but simple basic errors.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Bellerin and Kola have to get fit asap. Saka AMN done great job but the tiredness start to catch on Saka was playing with cramp since 70 minutes that's why he couldn't get to willian at 2nd goal

Also as much you love festive football but this will have to stop 3 games in 6 days is too much players are not robots.

9jagooner

No playing excuses for Arteta. The only leeway I will give him is that he's not had enough time. Lampard didn't have a single transfer and actually lost players yet he has been able to take his team to where they are.

A player I hadn't even heard of came in at right back fro them today!

So, only excuse I will give Arteta is that of time. Little improvements seen and will like to see what we can do over the course of the rest of the season, whether he gets new players or not.

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻
The shape, effort and execution was excellent for the most part. We were let down by Laca's poor finishing and the Chambers injury which forced us to play Mustafi. Despite reverting to poor form statistically, we actually played better but couldn't sustain that energy. Crucially for the second goal, that desperation to win having lost the lead cost us. Guendouzi and Torreira were caught upfield. Knackered Saka was treading water and AMN was nowhere to be seen. We've been undone like this for a while but a commanding CB and a bit more coaching can reduce or eradicate that. Squad wise, I'd rather see Laca and Mustafi moved on and Pepe needs to show us more. Pleased with Arteta's efforts so far. COYG.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

The English codified the rules of football just as the French perfected wine. We don't often ask an English person to come over to make Bordeaux.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White

Daily Transfer Updates

Sunday, May 2

Fulham have made Emile Smith Rowe a priority this summer and are ready to bid for him [Mike McGrath - The Telegraph]

Arsenal have scouted Las Palmas goalkeeper Alvaro Valles as they prepare to part company with Aaron Ramsdale [Ryan Taylor - The Mirror]

Latest posts

Top Bottom