• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Dani Ceballos: 2019/20 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.

progman07

Established Member
The Forgotten Spaniard.

I don't know what to think about him to be honest - what position can he play? Doesn't seem disciplined enough to play ahead of Xhaka, doesn't defend so cannot play ahead of Torreira, but doesn't have end product to understudy/take the burden off Özil.

I'm curious how will Arteta play him, hopefully he can find composure and rotate with Xhaka in games we need more dynamism from midfield.

DJ_Markstar

Based and Artetapilled

Player:Martinelli
The Forgotten Spaniard.

I don't know what to think about him to be honest - what position can he play? Doesn't seem disciplined enough to play ahead of Xhaka, doesn't defend so cannot play ahead of Torreira, but doesn't have end product to understudy/take the burden off Özil.

I'm curious how will Arteta play him, hopefully he can find composure and rotate with Xhaka in games we need more dynamism from midfield.

Pls be joking.

DJ_Markstar

Based and Artetapilled

Totally agree. Looked good early on against Burnley and Watford. Needs to cut out that full circle spin thing he tends to do a lot, though.

I've been calling that The Fabregas Turn for about 10 years :lol:

How have you not noticed that all Spanish midfielders do this? I swear they teach it in La Masia and other academies.

Jae

Didnt matter before due to him not being able to cope physically

Mate, all of our midfielders have looked awful at points this season and yet everyone has improved under Arteta. Hopefully Ceballos can do the same.

None of our players are physically up to it at the minute, they all look shot after 60 minutes. It's going to take time.

Hleb's Sirush

Established Member
I rate Dani. He has vision. He can execute all kind of passes, he can dribble well, very press resistant and has a venomous shot on him too. The problem is that he does everything at the wrong time. He likes to hog the ball. Sometimes one of our players is free and a pass is on, you can even see that he saw it but then he will do an extra turn or even try to beat an opponent then he will finally play the pass. It can be very frustrating.

Two things I'm hoping will happen now. Firstly I have noticed we play much quicker than before. Everyone is trying to use less touches than they used to, our passes are quicker now. Which must mean it is something Arteta has instructed the players. Secondly, everyone has had their role clearly defined now. Something which should help Ceballos a lot. I'm sure he will still have certain amount of freedom but by and large he will be given a specific role and specific instructions which should simplify the game for him.

There is a good player in there somewhere, it is just whether he is willing to listen to the coaches and can adapt slightly his game to suit the way we want to play.

CaseUteinberger

Established Member

Hopefully he can benefit from the more structured and organised setup under Arteta just like everyone else has. He looked good the first couple of games he played so no reason why he shouldn't be able to play for us.

lufere7

Anyone writing him off is being dumb, we just saw half the team go up a level with Arteta ffs. Amongst those are our current midfield trio who most of us were ready to bin in the next summer, so why wouldn't a hugely talented 23 yo still adapting to the league go up a level also.

We're also on the ideal position to sign him too if we want to, likely not enough time to show Real he's worth it but enough time to show he's the right fit for us. Dani could also end up enamoured with Arteta like many of our players seem to be, not to mention he's Spanish too. (Mikel is not Catalan is he? :lol:)

samshere

Why so serieuse?
He's going to remain pretty much the same player that he was under Emery. Xhaka - Torreira went up a level because Torreira was brought back to his best position. Ceballos has been playing in his ideal position all along. Its between him, Willock and Guendouzi for the backup CM spot. Unfortunately for us there's no clear winner, all of them are more or less the same middling level.
Guen/Willock are younger though, so I vote we stay with them.

TheEconomist

Established Member
I think he's a potential long term successor to Mezut Özil if he can convince Arteta to keep him. Hope we can see what he's about for the remainder of this season

Sniper Mik

Not a Closet Sp**s Fan
Anyone writing him off is being dumb, we just saw half the team go up a level with Arteta ffs. Amongst those are our current midfield trio who most of us were ready to bin in the next summer, so why wouldn't a hugely talented 23 yo still adapting to the league go up a level also.

We're also on the ideal position to sign him too if we want to, likely not enough time to show Real he's worth it but enough time to show he's the right fit for us. Dani could also end up enamoured with Arteta like many of our players seem to be, not to mention he's Spanish too. (Mikel is not Catalan is he? :lol:)

He is another "Basque dog" just like Gud Ebening

lufere7

He's going to remain pretty much the same player that he was under Emery. Xhaka - Torreira went up a level because Torreira was brought back to his best position. Ceballos has been playing in his ideal position all along. Its between him, Willock and Guendouzi for the backup CM spot. Unfortunately for us there's no clear winner, all of them are more or less the same middling level.
Guen/Willock are younger though, so I vote we stay with them.
You really have a simplistic view of football don't you? :lol:
Do you really think all of our midfield problems stemmed from not playing Torreira deep? Because, newsflash, Emery did play him there some games and we didn't look half as good as last week. You also didn't address Xhaka and Özil going up a level, if you are pinning that to Torreira playing as a DM you really have no clue :facepalm:

The bolded is also a straight up lie, unless you think his ideal position is AM which he played just as much as CM.

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

I don’t rate him and after he was left in awe of Liverpool I had written him off tbh.

We may as well give him a shot though it’s not like our midfield is amazing. Like mentioned, he could be ok in a more organised set up.

I’d rather force our youngers though, as underwhelming as Willock and them can be.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

If Arteta can get him to actually pass the ball quickly and stop turning back toward our goal when there's clear space to go into, then he could become an effective player for us. At the very least a good squad player.

CaseUteinberger

Established Member

Writing him off is just silly and I would assume meant to make some weird internet/forum point. We haven’t seen enough of him by a mile. I chose to focus on the first couple of performances and not the worse ones later as the team and his team mates totally tanked.

Think he has all the attributes to succeed in the more compact, higher intensity setup Arteta tries to implement. He is also young and hopefully Arteta can get a tune out of him also.

Maybe

You're wrong, no?
He is currently better than all of our young midfielders (Douzi, Willock, ESR) but I don't see a reason for investing 20-30m in him when there is a high chance one of our 3 young players will develop into a quality midfield option.

His technique can only be matched by Özil but he needs to add one more component to his game to be a starter for us, either goals or improvement in passing would do it. If that happens (which many doubt), I'm happy to see Xhaka, Willock and Douzi leaving our club and investing that money in Dani C.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom