• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

PL: Crystal Palace vs Arsenal | Saturday 11th January | KO: 12:30pm | BT Sport

Result?

• Crystal Palace Win

Votes: 3 3.9%
  • Draw

Votes: 15 19.5%
  • Arsenal Win

Votes: 59 76.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

CaseUteinberger

Established Member

They basically got back into the game by kicking the crap out of us and getting our inform mid injured . Insane the referee allowed this ,honestly was like watching a game 10 years ago .
Think yesterday's game was really frustrating from a refereeing standpoint. I thought kicking through the legs from behind was something that referees had been told to reprimand with cards right away. Yesterday Ayew could do it 4-5 times from the start of the game without any reaction. I simply don't understand how the referee could let that pass.

freeglennhelder2

Established Member

Player:Elneny
I can see how repeated back and forth viewings in slow mo that tackle looks bad, but people have been getting away with that particular one “the ankle roller” since the dawn of mankind - trust us to be the first team ever penalised by it. You’ll probably never see a red for that again in your life, just like we have never seen the famous RVP kicking the ball away after 0.5 seconds red card ever again.

The VAR official yesterday was Craig Pawson the man who didn’t sent Georginio off against Chelsea. I mean the guy could have given us a little break just out of a sense of fair play and decency. :lol:

teamsoutheast

Always a physical game with Palace. We controlled things in the first half. They did try to get physical and we did well initially but fell off in the second half. Fair result in the end. We could have won the game if the Pepe chance went in. We showed some good reslience though.

DanDare

Emoji Merchant and Believer-In-Chief
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
What's annoying is Robertson wasn't treated the same way

Both are reds

Overall though we didn't really create enough going forward.

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻
Lots to complain about with the ref and VAR, but as I said after the Utd game, we should have complained about the fouls against us then. We never seem to get the benefit of the doubt.

Dennis_Bergkamp_10

Established Member
People should stop blaming the VAR for yesterday's game. Auba's red was as red as you get em. Game will never get stopped for a potential yellow, otherwise Xhaka would miss every other game as well.

Had we created more clear cut chances when we dominated them we'd be out of sight like vs Man Utd. But there lies the problem: we aren't good enough. Hope Arteta can get some decent transfer windows, then I'll be hopeful.

yybecause

Formerly known as ArsenaLover
Clear red, don't think anyone is doubting that, but the fact refs are as inconsistent as they come, often, like yesterday, changing their 'style' many times during same game. Players have no clue what would get them booked and what wont, and usually we end up on the wrong end

Penn_

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Their goal wasn’t that lucky, when you attempt a half hearted block in the box you leave yourself open to nasty deflections.

Either go for it John Terry style or trust your keeper.

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐
Their goal wasn’t that lucky, when you attempt a half hearted block in the box you leave yourself open to nasty deflections.

Either go for it John Terry style or trust your keeper.
I'd say its quite unlucky, especially from that angle. The keeper cant really get beat from the left or right because of the speed the ball travelled and the angle the shot was taken from. The only way to beat the keeper is by a freak loop of the ball, which happened.

Nothing wrong with saying it was unlucky, we should make our own luck anyway. Shoulda been 2-0 up after the first 25m

zilfy

Chelsea 11 points ahead now. That's a lot but this is there next 5 games:

Newcastle (A)
Arsenal (H)
Leicester (A)
Man Utd (H)
Tottenham (H)

That's a tough run of games, too long to go in the season to say the race is over I think

pikey2000

Chelsea 11 points ahead now. That's a lot but this is there next 5 games:

Newcastle (A)
Arsenal (H)
Leicester (A)
Man Utd (H)
Tottenham (H)

That's a tough run of games, too long to go in the season to say the race is over I think

Game of the season so far against them in a couple of weeks then, win that and the doubt will start to creep in for them.

Auba will be a big miss and we have Sheffield Utd next :)!!!

Tourbillion

Angry & Miserable
Guys, the season's dead. Don't do it to yourselves.

The only point of the next four months is to see who can and can't cut the mustard re fitting into Arteta's style of play. Four months of auditions.

My bet is less than 50% will pass and we will see the beginning of many sales.

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
A-M CL Draft Campeón 🏆

why would there even be a thought about appealing it? fully deserved a red, have to hope it wouldn't be deemed a frivolous appeal or else it'll be an extra game

goonergaz

why would there even be a thought about appealing it? fully deserved a red, have to hope it wouldn't be deemed a frivolous appeal or else it'll be an extra game

Inconsistency? I would imagine there's more than enough evidence to suggest many have got less. On MotD they were split on if it was a red card...the slow-mo made it look a lot worse.

How Ayew was even on the pitch - let alone not even a yellow card to his name - before their goal is a complete joke.

The double standards are terrible.

Reactions: A_G
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom