• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

PL: Arsenal vs Sheffield United | Saturday 18th January | KO: 15:00pm

Result?

• Arsenal Win

Votes: 41 70.7%
  • Draw

Votes: 14 24.1%
  • Sheffield United Win

Votes: 3 5.2%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

Yeah his technique is absolutely outstanding, I mean literally every corner is inch perfect. I was disgusted when Lacazette took the free kick and not Pepe.

I don't know what the answer is to try get him into better scoring positions, but he's absolutely rapid and when he's played through he usually delivers a good cross, like he did to Martinelli today or can beat a man.

What usually happens is he receives it and is surrounded.
The more I think about it, the more I think our midfield is the problem.

Torreira does what he’s in there to do tbf. Starting to think that Xhaka and (I hate to say it) Özil aren't cutting it. We have periods of possession where we don’t actually do anything with the ball.

When Özil was playing well we were creating chances quite easily. Maybe the system is too reliant on him or he just isn’t cutting it.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
Sloppy first 20 minutes but after that we dominated scored good goal failed to score 2nd got robbed by var and Sheffield score via deflection in 83 minutes. Frustrating.

Sounds about right. Arteta has work to do.
Doesn’t get into the positions to finish. When he does shoot they tend to be quite good. It’s a puzzle for him and Arteta to fix.
Arteta is hamstrung a little by how lopsided the squad is. Individually they are not bad players, but as a collective there is just no real synergy. They do not complement each other's strengths holistically speaking.

However, as much as Arteta has made us a lot less porous, he has got to get us creating more chances. At the moment the final ball is not quite where it should be and we're not getting our dangerous players in enough shooting positions. We're gonna have to gamble a little bit more.

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
Sp**s draw, chelsea lose, united have tough game tomorrow. 3 points today were needed.

This season very much echoing last. When we need to win to close the gap we dont and the other teams all lose or drop points around us.

2 points dropped at Palace over VAR
2 points dropped against Watford 2 up
2 points dropped today.

Those 6 points and we still would have had a chance for top 4 as the other teams are almost as bad. Depressing stuff.

OnlyOne

‘Donkeys don’t have a peak, they remain useless’
Trusted ⭐

The more I think about it, the more I think our midfield is the problem.

Torreira does what he’s in there to do tbf. Starting to think that Xhaka and (I hate to say it) Özil aren't cutting it. We have periods of possession where we don’t actually do anything with the ball.

When Özil was playing well we were creating chances quite easily. Maybe the system is too reliant on him or he just isn’t cutting it.

To an extent I agree. Pepe has a few things that annoy me, random skills and flicks when he could play it simple and his decision making can sometimes be bizarre.

However look at our chance creation, it's abysmal. Not even really creating through cut backs either and I think the blame as you does does lay in the midfield and sometimes wing backs.

Our forwards need to be shooting way more, guys like Auba and Lacazette need supply, but with Pepe he can seriously created it himself which he has to do atm.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

To an extent I agree. Pepe has a few things that annoy me, random skills and flicks when he could play it simple and his decision making can sometimes be bizarre.

However look at our chance creation, it's abysmal. Not even really creating through cut backs either and I think the blame as you does does lay in the midfield and sometimes wing backs.

Our forwards need to be shooting way more, guys like Auba and Lacazette need supply, but with Pepe he can seriously created it himself which he has to do atm.

Yeah that’s the major problem for me, we need someone on that left side who’s creative.

For me it’s still Grealish that would be perfect, he plays that role for Villa a lot but can also go all over the midfield.

OnlyOne

‘Donkeys don’t have a peak, they remain useless’
Trusted ⭐

Yeah that’s the major problem for me, we need someone on that left side who’s creative.

For me it’s still Grealish that would be perfect, he plays that role for Villa a lot but can also go all over the midfield.

The more I watch Grealish the more I'm inclined to agree, if United sign Bruno we could have a free run at him but our reluctance to sign from inside the PL is an issue.

I think we should sell both Lacazette and Aubameyang as well, really restart.

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
Problem with getting Grealish is Arsenal dont want to over pay on proven talent.

They would much rather spend 30m on someone proven in France than 50m on someone proven in the league. Doesnt make sense when we look at how the past 15-20 signings have panned out. Very few have actually been successful.

GoonerJay24

Sp**s draw, chelsea lose, united have tough game tomorrow. 3 points today were needed.

This season very much echoing last. When we need to win to close the gap we dont and the other teams all lose or drop points around us.

2 points dropped today.

Those 6 points and we still would have had a chance for top 4 as the other teams are almost as bad. Depressing stuff.

There's still a chance

In 2013 we were 10 points off Sp**s early April and came back

Our rivals this season have been dreadful and don't have much upside; if Arteta manages to get the players going, then anything could happen.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐

2 points dropped today.

Add ti that Chelsea Wolves games lost from winning positions too a great chance missed this season

freeglennhelder2

Established Member

Player:Elneny
I like to be positive as the next guy, but we have no chance of top four. Zero. Zilch. Nada.

Don't torture yourselves. Wait for the franchise to reboot itself next season Hopefully with Idris Elba in the lead role.

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
There's still a chance

In 2013 we were 10 points off Sp**s early April and came back

Our rivals this season have been dreadful and don't have much upside; if Arteta manages to get the players going, then anything could happen.

Theres no chance we have seen no upturn in results which was needed. Your talking about 2013 but that season where there 6 other challengers ahead of us for top 4?

In 5 matches we have gained 5 points.

Watford in 7 matches under Pearson have gained 14 points.

Watford may end up staying up because there has been an immediate improvement and results have improved.

We haven't seen that bounce and it is unlikely we will before next season.

Dennis_Bergkamp_10

Established Member
I meant that for those only looking at the results and saying we've not improved because we're unable to win against teams above us in the table such as Sheffield and Palace.

City had 5 shots on target and 11 off target, with 72 percent possession. They dominated Palace but sometimes you miss some luck and don't win. We are looking average as ****. That's the difference.

I have the utmost of faith in Arteta but let's be realistic. We suck.

Problem with getting Grealish is Arsenal dont want to over pay on proven talent.

They would much rather spend 30m on someone proven in France than 50m on someone proven in the league. Doesnt make sense when we look at how the past 15-20 signings have panned out. Very few have actually been successful.

We payed 72 M for Pepe. That is like 50 M more than we should have.

Pepes blue pill

Went to the game, atmosphere was shocking, only about seven of us trying to get chants going but just got stared at, its almost awkward to watch the game in, can't imagine its fun to play in either. Me and my brothers were right at the back, 3 seats on there own and got told to sit down ffs

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom