• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

PL: Arsenal vs Sheffield United | Saturday 18th January | KO: 15:00pm

Result?

• Arsenal Win

Votes: 41 70.7%
  • Draw

Votes: 14 24.1%
  • Sheffield United Win

Votes: 3 5.2%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Pepes blue pill

Before this season I was never one to moan too much about refs but this season they are royally ****ing us over. It is a complete joke. Creswell commits GBH on Pepe but doesn't even get yellow. Chambers gets fouled 2 or 3 times yet we get a goal chalked off. Wolves got a pen today, similar situation like Pepe's. Only the wolves player was less in control of the ball.

I have always disliked them, even when I played :lol: but I could always understand the reason they could get it wrong, that reason has now gone with VAR but still they continue to be useless

Kysus

Maybe at the biggest clubs, loads of lower teams have awesome atmospheres, the fans often see no chance of success but go and really support the team, huddersfield fans last year were a joy, palace fans are class as well, emirates is like a funeral most the time :(
It's the problem with big clubs and the massive stadiums of 50k+ where a big percentage of attendants are tourists and families.
Porto fans for example almost seemed embarassed getting outsung by like 5k away Guimarães fans

Pepes blue pill

It's the problem with big clubs and the massive stadiums of 50k+ where a big percentage of attendants are tourists and families.
Porto fans for example almost seemed embarassed getting outsung by like 5k away Guimarães fans

I dont disagree with you but its not an excuse, club should look into how they can make it better, its so bad it ruins the experience

Kysus

I dont disagree with you but its not an excuse, club should look into how they can make it better, its so bad it ruins the experience

Agreed, especially considering how amazing our away fans are.
Have been at the San Siro around 10 years ago when we lost 4-0 and got raped by Ibra. We were cast away in the furthest corner of the stadium but were louder than them all game anyway.

Pepes blue pill

Agreed, especially considering how amazing our away fans are.
Have been at the San Siro around 10 years ago when we lost 4-0 and got raped by Ibra. We were cast away in the furthest corner of the stadium but were louder than them all game anyway.

Yep always had respect for the away fans, those poor souls have seen some horror shows and they never stopped backing the team and they never stop all that travelling

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
All this VAR talk is rather dull

We need to be playing well enough that VAR is irrelevant

Its outside our control
TV money has seen a noticeable closing of the gulf between top and bottom teams. Small things can make the difference unless you can assemble a squad like Liverpool or City. And we've had our share of bad luck under Arteta, with deflections and poor calls.

We certainly don't have the players to easily outplay other teams, whoever our manager is. I couldn't see any other team in the league wanting Mustafi.

DanDare

Emoji Merchant and Believer-In-Chief
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
TV money has seen a noticeable closing of the gulf between top and bottom teams. Small things can make the difference unless you can assemble a squad like Liverpool or City. And we've had our share of bad luck under Arteta, with deflections and poor calls.

We certainly don't have the players to easily outplay other teams, whoever our manager is.

Don't buy that. We can get a quality of players above most of the other teams. If we then play to our potential we will get top 4.

'Bad luck' has paid no significant point in our decline.

Pepes blue pill

EOkeusfXkAAVuzC.jpg:large

Only just seen this :lol::lol: everything is right with the world again

GoonerJay24

Theres no chance we have seen no upturn in results which was needed. Your talking about 2013 but that season where there 6 other challengers ahead of us for top 4?

In 5 matches we have gained 5 points.

Watford in 7 matches under Pearson have gained 14 points.

Watford may end up staying up because there has been an immediate improvement and results have improved.

We haven't seen that bounce and it is unlikely we will before next season.

There were many challengers that season at this stage

It's true we've not seen a turn in form like other teams have, but given how open the league is this year I feel it will only take a run of consecutive wins for us to be back in contention.

Unlikely but still possible due to our rivals consistently dropping points.

Polar Bear

No one is really talking about Arteta's subs, but so far at Arsenal his subs have not been good in every game, he is taking way too long to make subs, it seems like its Wenger.

I'm not hating on him at all, but sorry he needs to improve this aspect of his management, he is taking such a long time to make any subs.. and sometimes he is only using 1 player. Its like Wenger

Kysus

If you have a gameplan you don't need to change too early/often, Emery had none so he constantly changed around hoping for something to stick.
We are super thin in attack as well, no depth whatsoever

Manberg

Predator
No one is really talking about Arteta's subs, but so far at Arsenal his subs have not been good in every game, he is taking way too long to make subs, it seems like its Wenger.

I'm not hating on him at all, but sorry he needs to improve this aspect of his management, he is taking such a long time to make any subs.. and sometimes he is only using 1 player. Its like Wenger

Probably because we have no quality to come off the bench. Doozy and Nketiah? We were actually worse when Lacazette went off and Nketiah came on, who wasted opportunities, so in that sense it might’ve been better to delay that sub.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐

We don't have players who we bring a Nketiah or off form Guendouzi? We have absolutely nobody and they won't add something. We desperately need good depth we can't rely on youth all season

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
Probably because we have no quality to come off the bench. Doozy and Nketiah? We were actually worse when Lacazette went off and Nketiah came on, who wasted opportunities, so in that sense it might’ve been better to delay that sub.
Eddie played today? Didnt expect that so soon.

CaseUteinberger

Established Member

Before this season I was never one to moan too much about refs but this season they are royally ****ing us over. It is a complete joke. Creswell commits GBH on Pepe but doesn't even get yellow. Chambers gets fouled 2 or 3 times yet we get a goal chalked off. Wolves got a pen today, similar situation like Pepe's. Only the wolves player was less in control of the ball.
I have moaned about the refs for quite some time, but this year is really something extra with VAR. That Mike Dean wasn't going to give us a penalty by himself was clear from the start. Even Wrighty is livid!

I don't know if this has been said already but Özil had two very good opportunities where he could have taken a short but opted to pass to Martinelli twice and the ball rolled out of play both times. Why can't he ****ing take responsibility especially now that he knew Auba wasn't playing! We have become really ****, haven't we?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom