• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

PL: Arsenal vs Sheffield United | Saturday 18th January | KO: 15:00pm

Result?

• Arsenal Win

Votes: 41 70.7%
  • Draw

Votes: 14 24.1%
  • Sheffield United Win

Votes: 3 5.2%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

krackpot

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Sheff Utd won the midfield.

They had Norwood, Fleck and Lundstram against Xhaka and Torreira. Very lopsided battle.

MikeVinna

Established Member
I don't know if this has been said already but Özil had two very good opportunities where he could have taken a short but opted to pass to Martinelli twice and the ball rolled out of play both times. Why can't he ****ing take responsibility especially now that he knew Auba wasn't playing! We have become really ****, haven't we?

Frustrating isn’t it? He used to be able to score at least a couple of goals a season but right now it looks like he’ll never get one.

Frustrating isn’t it? He used to be able to score at least a couple of goals a season but right now it looks like he’ll never get one.
Yeah, If a newbie in football saw his goal vs Ludogorets against the show he puts nowadays, you'd struggle to convince him that it is the same player and not twins! This is the reason why I prefered Ramsey over him. Getting rid was a grave mistake.

Gursha

Its been a day now since the game.

Yes, I know we should be more clinical and not depend on referees or VAR to save us
Yes, we shouldve killed the game even without the penalty.

BUT, still, anyone got any reaction from mike dean or the VAR referee as to why it wasnt given a penalty? match report must be out by now... Im so intrigued to know...

I bet they will say because he wasnt in control of the ball it wasnt a foul... which is such a BS claim... yes the other defender pretty much got the ball as the 1st defender made the foul... but maybe if the 1st defender didnt commit a foul then Pepe couldve muscle off the second defender? this is such bullshit it pisses me off so much...

I used to think we as Arsenal fans just cry and see all the wrongs against our team, and every other set of fans feels the same... but this season it became ridicules...

Its just absurd....

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Sheff Utd won the midfield.

They had Norwood, Fleck and Lundstram against Xhaka and Torreira. Very lopsided battle.
Don't think they won because we dominated most ot game specially the 2nf half what i like about Sheffield that they such hard working side they give you no free time to play your football

Plutarch

Regarding the penalty - watching on TV in real time, I wasn't sure. But when it went to VAR and I saw the replay, I immediately felt happy, because it was obvious we were getting a penalty. But then we didn't. It's absolutely absurd that we didn't get that. We're not being treated fairly in this, I'm quite sure of that.

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Sorry mate.
It should have been though. Imagine if that penalty had been given.

You were right to know we'd concede. Arteta is doing his best with this mob. But injuries and bad luck are hampering his momentum. Having to use Mustafi :eek: Just hope Sokratis is back to full fitness again. Holding struggling.

CaseUteinberger

Established Member

Why can't he ****ing take responsibility especially now that he knew Auba wasn't playing!
Because he doesn’t take on the responsibility. Never has and never will. He is about as far from a leader you can be. And when it comes to shooting from live play he is poor at that. Don’t think he has any confidence that he will score. He’d rather pass it on to an 18 year old. Says about everything, doesn’t it?

Mohamed7

No one is really talking about Arteta's subs, but so far at Arsenal his subs have not been good in every game, he is taking way too long to make subs, it seems like its Wenger.

I'm not hating on him at all, but sorry he needs to improve this aspect of his management, he is taking such a long time to make any subs.. and sometimes he is only using 1 player. Its like Wenger

Check the quality on the bench. You don't sub for the sake of substitution but to have an impact on the game. Unfortunately, the quality on the bench means you only use them when someone is exhausted rather than to bring a better player.

Penn_

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
We’re not City with the likes of Mahrez to bring on from the bench, not sure why people are complaining about the subs.

The quality is all on the pitch, our bench is basically for fresh legs only.

moha05

A.Maitland-Niles should have either put his body on the line or positioned himself to block the shot at all cost against J.Fleck.

Symbia

Our team played really well, out played them with a whole lot of opportunities we failed to bury and later payed for it.

The match was a very big improvement from our last meeting vs them and was very unlucky not to get the 3 points.

Ayo Saka with man of the match performance.

Last edited:

goonergaz

Its been a day now since the game.

Yes, I know we should be more clinical and not depend on referees or VAR to save us
Yes, we shouldve killed the game even without the penalty.

BUT, still, anyone got any reaction from mike dean or the VAR referee as to why it wasnt given a penalty? match report must be out by now... Im so intrigued to know...

I bet they will say because he wasnt in control of the ball it wasnt a foul... which is such a BS claim... yes the other defender pretty much got the ball as the 1st defender made the foul... but maybe if the 1st defender didnt commit a foul then Pepe couldve muscle off the second defender? this is such bullshit it pisses me off so much...

I used to think we as Arsenal fans just cry and see all the wrongs against our team, and every other set of fans feels the same... but this season it became ridicules...

Its just absurd....

Stonewall penalty - VAR robbed us again (we also lost out to VAR at their place).

Don't think they won because we dominated most ot game specially the 2nf half what i like about Sheffield that they such hard working side they give you no free time to play your football

Yeah, we deserved to win and failed to do so (thanks to VAR) for the 2nd match in a row. This is getting ridiculous, it was more of a pen than the overturned Zaha dive earlier in the season when we also had a goal disallowed for (no one seems to know why) VAR.

Why does VAR seem to have a issue with us?

CaseUteinberger

Established Member

Stonewall penalty - VAR robbed us again (we also lost out to VAR at their place).

Yeah, we deserved to win and failed to do so (thanks to VAR) for the 2nd match in a row. This is getting ridiculous, it was more of a pen than the overturned Zaha dive earlier in the season when we also had a goal disallowed for (no one seems to know why) VAR.

Why does VAR seem to have a issue with us?
It's not VAR. It's the biased refs that cannot stand us.

The White Pelè

Human Highlight Reel
So our pressing game only lasted for 1 game (United)? It was so depressing to watch us on saturday. It could have easily been an Emery's game.
Despite this, Manc Dean decided to be Manc Dean once again. How wasn't it penalty on Pepe?

goonergaz

It's not VAR. It's the biased refs that cannot stand us.

Yes and no. VAR overturned Zaha yellow card and gave Palace a penalty and disallowed a perfectly good goal for us in the same match. VAR - the ref gave the decision to us. VAR should have overturned the penalty decision on Saturday but didn't. VAR is there to correct ref errors, in both these examples it did not.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom