• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

PL: Chelsea v Arsenal | Tuesday, January 21 | KO: 20:15 GMT | BT Sport

Match Prediction

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

pacstud

This job is too big for Arteta we need an experienced manager to get us back into shape.
Hilarious stuff.

So fire ANOTHER manager and then what?

Hint: It's not the manager.

I don't even care one way or another but let him get some players for the love of all that's holy.

arsmile

Established Member
I am still yet to see anything from pepe to suggest he isnt Andros townsend.

What's even more maddening is him occupying the same inside right space that Özil wants to- but not actually being able to do anything once there.

BigPoppaPump

Reeling from Laca & Kos nightmares
Hilarious stuff.

So fire ANOTHER manager and then what?

Hint: It's not the manager.

I don't even care one way or another but let him get some players for the love of all that's holy.

Can you stop b*tching for one second god damn.

Hleb's Sirush

Established Member
Just watched it at the break.. and its a clear red.
At the time of the foul Mustafi would have to be at the line and/or between Abraham and the goal to be considered the last man.
Luiz fouls him when Mustafi is at the penalty spot, and ends up near the line when Abraham falls to the ground.

Mustafi is never in a position to prevent the goal from happening had Luiz not fouled, hence Luiz is effectively the last man and preventing Abraham for getting a clear goal opportunity.

Correct red card i'm afraid.

I think the rule has been changed. You don't necessarily get a red card even if you are the last man. As long as you put in a genuine attempt to win the ball back. In that case whether Mustafi was back or not is irrelevant.

Reactions: CJJ

CJJ

Established Member
Im not entirely convinced he deserved a red based on the double jeopardy rule. Could have done better fouling earlier or not doing it at all, but I don't know, feels harsh to blame him. The situation was chaotic.
The only way he avoids a red there is if you argue he's going for the ball. I have a hard time making that case. Doesnt look like it

2Smokeyy

5.0 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (49)
Trusted ⭐

The players arguing with the officials at the end sums up our current crop of players.

They’re always trying to shift the blame due to their own individual errors.

Mustafi and Luiz is a recipe for disaster. Two clowns at the back.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom