• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

PL: Burnley v Arsenal | Sunday February, 2 | KO: 14:00 GMT | Sky Sports

Match Prediction

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

DJ_Markstar

Based and Artetapilled

Player:Martinelli
Players are on holiday. How can places have sun already? It's February and it's cold!

Torreira:

NINTCHDBPICT000559780740.jpg

Xhaka:
NINTCHDBPICT000559780737.jpg

Luiz:
0_David-LuizPNG.png
Are you serious fam? February is the best time to visit Dubai, its like 25 degrees C and nothing but glorious sunshine most days. I know, I was just there!

Dubai in the summer will melt your face off, gets up to 55 degrees C at times.

Hleb's Sirush

Established Member
If we point out some teams are deliberately being over physical to try and put us off our game we are accused of sour grapes or just being a soft bunch again. When the likes of Pulis and Stoke kicked us off the pitch we were told they were tough but fair, and that there wasn't any malice behind their challenges and we should stop whining.

Years later it was no surprise a few of those players in that Stoke team came out and said Pulis for all intents and purposes told them to leave their foot in, stop us playing by whatever means even if that meant using excessive force.

Now we are being told Dyche and Burnley play hard but fair and we shouldn't moan so much about them.

They play like Pulis' Stoke, have the same philosophy as Stoke, love to keep the ball in the air as much as possible and just like Stoke they will compensate what they lack in technical ability by making every game a physical battle. I don't blame them, it is their best hope to stay in this league. It is just strange that they can get away with challenges that we for example wouldn't.

This game they managed to injure Saka. Earlier in the season a Ben Mee tackle ended Villa's Wesley's season.
https://wittyfutty.com/2020/01/vide...at-injured-wesley-for-the-rest-of-the-season/

Last season the same player with similar tackle broke Joe gomez' leg, resulting in him missing 4 months. On both occasions no red card for Mee. Not even a yellow I think as he is good at taking the ball first before clattering the player.

Ashybashy86

If we point out some teams are deliberately being over physical to try and put us off our game we are accused of sour grapes or just being a soft bunch again. When the likes of Pulis and Stoke kicked us off the pitch we were told they were tough but fair, and that there wasn't any malice behind their challenges and we should stop whining.

Years later it was no surprise a few of those players in that Stoke team came out and said Pulis for all intents and purposes told them to leave their foot in, stop us playing by whatever means even if that meant using excessive force.

Now we are being told Dyche and Burnley play hard but fair and we shouldn't moan so much about them.

They play like Pulis' Stoke, have the same philosophy as Stoke, love to keep the ball in the air as much as possible and just like Stoke they will compensate what they lack in technical ability by making every game a physical battle. I don't blame them, it is their best hope to stay in this league. It is just strange that they can get away with challenges that we for example wouldn't.

This game they managed to injure Saka. Earlier in the season a Ben Mee tackle ended Villa's Wesley's season.
https://wittyfutty.com/2020/01/vide...at-injured-wesley-for-the-rest-of-the-season/

Last season the same player with similar tackle broke Joe gomez' leg, resulting in him missing 4 months. On both occasions no red card for Mee. Not even a yellow I think as he is good at taking the ball first before clattering the player.
Hopefully they get what they deserve and relegated soon. Teams like this eventually do.

Manberg

Predator
Are you serious fam? February is the best time to visit Dubai, its like 25 degrees C and nothing but glorious sunshine most days. I know, I was just there!

You blow my mind. I had no idea.

Reactions: roz

freeglennhelder2

Established Member

Player:Elneny

Eh?? March-Mid April is much warmer/better that's when all the Celebs ride out :lol:

Yeah, not even asbestos-cement can survive outside in peak summer Dubai.

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐

I agree but its much warmer than 25 no? I went last March and it was boiling. I think I went Autumn 2018 too and it was just as hot. It's probs the nearest place to go for sun and sand in the off seasons (if you're in the UK)

freeglennhelder2

Established Member

Player:Elneny
I agree but its much warmer than 25 no? I went last March and it was boiling. I think I went Autumn 2018 too and it was just as hot. It's probs the nearest place to go for sun and sand in the off seasons (if you're in the UK)

Ahh ... I see the problem here you like 25 (which is good, don't get me wrong now - it was zero in London this morning), I like maybe 32 ish for a bit of Sun. We will have to split the difference when the annual forum outing to Dubai is being set up.

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐
Ahh ... I see the problem here you like 25 (which is good, don't get me wrong now - it was zero in London this morning), I like maybe 32 ish for a bit of Sun. We will have to split the difference when the annual forum outing to Dubai is being set up.
No I prefer over 25 too :lol:. If its 25 your body gets cold when you get out the sea/pool. That certainly wasnt happening to me when I went.

First world problems I guess..

DJ_Markstar

Based and Artetapilled

Player:Martinelli
Perhaps in March it is, but I was talking about january-february. 25 is perfectly acceptable vs freezing tho, not gonna lie

Mo Britain

Doom Monger

Spot on. I blame the referees. Hard but fair is fine, sometimes there will be accidents. But this is intimidation and recklessness which is encouraged by the benevolence of the referees. Calculated violence should not be a way of levelling the playing field.

For years I have believed that punishments are insufficient. Where a player injures another player with intent (usually difficult to prove) or recklessness then his suspension should equal the exact absence of the injured player. You put someone out for six months, you don't play for six months.

YeahBee

Terrible hot takes

Why are we going to a dictatorship?

They dont deserve to go on such a holiday imo.

Should go to some dreary training ground in Scotland

EmeryCouldnt

Established Member
Spot on. I blame the referees. Hard but fair is fine, sometimes there will be accidents. But this is intimidation and recklessness which is encouraged by the benevolence of the referees. Calculated violence should not be a way of levelling the playing field.

For years I have believed that punishments are insufficient. Where a player injures another player with intent (usually difficult to prove) or recklessness then his suspension should equal the exact absence of the injured player. You put someone out for six months, you don't play for six months.

Refs allowing this leads to elite technical players shying away from the EPL.

Aussie_gunner123

Established Member

I don't get it, why are we waiting another week yet for our next game but there are a few other teams playing this weekend & early this week? I originally thought every team would have had the weekend off. Hopefully if anything it will help us rather then put us off though.

The White Pelè

Human Highlight Reel
When was the last time we played great attacking football? Guess during the 2007/08 season with Fabregas, Hleb and Rosicky together on the pitch at the same time. The 2013/14 season was also quite good, apart from the big games.

Now we are just the "London Stoke": dull and boring to watch.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
When was the last time we played great attacking football? Guess during the 2007/08 season with Fabregas, Hleb and Rosicky together on the pitch at the same time. The 2013/14 season was also quite good, apart from the big games.

Now we are just the "London Stoke": dull and boring to watch.

Last time I really enjoyed watching us, was when Santi got moved to central midfield, we could transition very quickly with him playing deep.

Post 2016, it's been very up and down, mostly due to our technical quality declining since then...like what I am seeing from Arteta though, when we start getting some technical players again, I am confident we will start being exciting to watch again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom