• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

UEL R32 2nd Leg: Arsenal (1) v Olympiacos (0) | Thursday, February 27 | KO: 20:00 GMT | BT Sport

Match Prediction

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

NZgunner

We were lucky to get 3 points against Everton, but we were unlucky to not go through in this game.

Unfortunately this just reinforces my view that we are a bang average premier league side - the flashes of individual quality have become fewer and dimmer season after season.

When we talk about our *best* defenders and midfielders it is just so f***ing depressing. We are so far from being genuinely competitive at the top (not even elite) level it is really hard to see how it will get better next season or the one after.

sammy89

We were lucky to get 3 points against Everton, but we were unlucky to not go through in this game.

Unfortunately this just reinforces my view that we are a bang average premier league side - the flashes of individual quality have become fewer and dimmer season after season.

When we talk about our *best* defenders and midfielders it is just so f***ing depressing. We are so far from being genuinely competitive at the top (not even elite) level it is really hard to see how it will get better next season or the one after.

League tables don't lie. You generally end up where you deserve to end up.

say yes

forum master baiter
Im not too sure whats more distressing - watching that game last night or trying to browse this forum on an iPad with all these ****ing ads.

Its unusable!
Get an Adblock. Haven’t see a single ad on this website for years.

Wrote this guide ages ago, everything in there should still work and is free:
https://arsenal-mania.com/forum/threads/how-to-block-all-the-ads-guide.30975/

If you’re an Apple ecosystem man and are willing to pay a bit then I’d recommend 1Blocker as it covers all Apple platforms. It’s what I now use: https://1blocker.com/

Eaststander74

Jury Lite II
Didn't even catch the last 15 minutes. Checked the score with on my phone in the 118th minute and saw it was 1-1... Great, I thought. There's no way we'll bottle this from here. Checked again a short while later and it was 1-2 in the 123rd minutes. I felt ill.

freeglennhelder2

Established Member

Player:Elneny
Was at a corporate event in the square mile so...
  • Missed the game (free drinks effect)
  • Forgot the game was on (free drinks effect)
  • Only one person messaged me about the game - at full time, this was the first moment I realised what had happened
I was guilty of the same complacency as the players and opposition fans can’t even be bothered to take the p1ss anymore.

CaseUteinberger

Established Member

It is tough right now, but hopefully the club somehow will find a way back. It will be a long journey though and nothing achieved in a season. This squad needs some serious strengthening while we for contract reasons probably will need to offload Aubameyang in the summer. It will be tough as hell in my view. Well, anyhow, let’s keep faith! The club has been mid table before and come back.

CaseUteinberger

Established Member

Was at a corporate event in the square mile so...
  • Missed the game (free drinks effect)
  • Forgot the game was on (free drinks effect)
  • Only one person messaged me about the game - at full time, this was the first moment I realised what had happened
I was guilty of the same complacency as the players and opposition fans can’t even be bothered to take the p1ss anymore.
Weak! ;)

I was out for work in the City but managed to get the colleagues to a bar for food, more drinks and, not least of all, to see me curse us loosing... :(

freeglennhelder2

Established Member

Post game comment from @Olympiakosfr (*) who also accurately predicted how the tactics would pan out on the evening.

Even if Arteta picked a very strong team, for me he should not have chosen Özil, because he has become too “lazy” to be at any European level, even against a Greek team (which is not the best level in Europe, by far), and it cost them the game. But the real issue with Arsenal is the defence. You can’t do anything with that, you can’t have any European ambition with those central defenders, including Sokratis.

(*)
You might want to give looking him up on twitter a miss as it’s festooned with photos and videos from Thursday.

Manberg

Predator
What tactics? They were defending deep for the majority of the game and scored through corners. Most old fashioned English tactics ever.

Do some people really think that's some kind of tactical masterclass over Arteta? :lol:

freeglennhelder2

Established Member

What tactics? They were defending deep for the majority of the game and scored through corners. Most old fashioned English tactics ever.

Do some people really think that's some kind of tactical masterclass over Arteta? :lol:

He identified an important link between between Valbuena and El Arabi especially at set plays. That is all. Nobody is saying it was a tactical masterclass.

CaseUteinberger

Established Member

Post game comment from @Olympiakosfr (*) who also accurately predicted how the tactics would pan out on the evening.

Even if Arteta picked a very strong team, for me he should not have chosen Özil, because he has become too “lazy” to be at any European level, even against a Greek team (which is not the best level in Europe, by far), and it cost them the game. But the real issue with Arsenal is the defence. You can’t do anything with that, you can’t have any European ambition with those central defenders, including Sokratis.

(*)
You might want to give looking him up on twitter a miss as it’s festooned with photos and videos from Thursday.
Often find reading what other team’s supporters think very enlightening. Or when you are at games and sit among fans of our opposition. Remember watching us play Crystal Palace at Selhurst Park. The one player of ours they feared then was Alexis, not Özil, not Giroud nor anyone else. Often feel opponents see us much clearer than we see ourselves.

Camus

Trusted ⭐
I'm more concerned with the atrocious manner of the defeat (and the fact it was the culmination of weeks of warning signs) rather than the fact we got knocked-out of the EL.

I'm actually glad about that part. EL this year has been a slog and the only remotely interesting side left in it that I'd have wanted to face was Inter. I was dreading us getting further in it and then collapsing at the tail-end of the season due to the insane fixture pile up like last season. We can barely preform when it's 1 game a week, imagine when it'll be 3.

We're also not good enough to be playing CL football next season. Money it brings would be most welcome but I'd rather not get dicked about like Sp**s and Chelsea have been this season and like how we used to be in seasons gone by.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom