• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

FA Cup 5th Round: Portsmouth v Arsenal | Monday, March 2 | KO: 19:45 GMT | BT Sport

Who will go through to the Quarter-Final?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

DanDare

Emoji Merchant and Believer-In-Chief
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
We've had an issue with slow starts for a few seasons now. What's up with that?

DanDare

Trusted ⭐

We're ****.

The Invincibles used to be two up in five minutes.

Yeah but it's almost certainly a mentality thing. Either that or we take amphetamines at half time

Zombies to Footballers in 15 mins

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Missed the game. Can't be bothered to read through the thread pages. Guessing there'll be stack of moaning followed by elation at the first goal. Then more moaning followed an orgasm at the second goal. Followed by more moaning.

Arteta in.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
No Martinez blunder either

Right at the start of the game a cross was headed back towards goal, Martinez got caught badly under it and missed his punch, Luiz had to head away to prevent a Portsmouth player behind him having an open net...

After this happened I thought we were in for a long night, Martinez played well from there on though :lol:

Reactions: A_G

DanDare

Trusted ⭐

Right at the start of the game a cross was headed back towards goal, Martinez got caught badly under it and missed his punch, Luiz had to head away to prevent a Portsmouth player behind him having an open net...

After this happened I thought we were in for a long night, Martinez played well from there on though :lol:

Did he though? Did he have to make a save? Totally unconvinced by him. Think he should be moved on and we get another second keeper

Mohamed7

Nelson was good though? If anything it was Willock that didn't impress for me, too many poor passes.

Overall good 2nd half and comfortable win, weird how we seem to still have really bad patches in games like the first half.

A question though, I thought we might see more one touch passing with Arteta but we still seem a bit slow passing wise, is this a personnel thing?

That said... when I do watch Pep's City they don't really have the exact same tika taka style as Barca and hold the ball a longer between passes too so perhaps it's an English game adaption thing....

This is what I wonder too. Pep adapted his gameplay after Bayern Munich. The tiki taka did not work with Bayern specially in the Champions League. It does not well against very deep, compact, and physically dominant teams. That's why, he always had issues with Chelsea even when he had the likes of Messi, Xavi, and Iniesta.

I need to watch some matches of his first season with Man City to compare. But, he definitely changed in the later seasons by being a little bit more direct.

roz

Fake News Merchant
Missed the game. Can't be bothered to read through the thread pages. Guessing there'll be stack of moaning followed by elation at the first goal. Then more moaning followed an orgasm at the second goal. Followed by more moaning.

Arteta in.
That is actually ridiculously accurate

CaseUteinberger

Established Member

Cheeky elbow on Eddie, reckless tackle on Lucas...love these ****ty lower league teams that get away with murder against us...

...so glad Portsmouth went into financial ruin, ****s!
Wasn’t Mike Dean refereeing the game? Didn’t see it but read comments. There is your explanation right there...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom