• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mikel Arteta: Aston La Vista To The Title?

UpTheGunnerz

Vrei sa pleci dar una una iei

Player:Elneny
Wenger was past his expiration date and got humilated a bunch of times and all, but you sure as **** knew that if it was him at the helm with an easy run in to make top 3 he would've made it.

Not arguing against that my man. Big Wengz had some strengths he kept until the end

Jasard

Forum Issue Troubleshooter

We make signings that no other club makes, its so weird. Look at the state of this squad and the players we have out on loan. Proper clusterfuck

El Duderino

That's, like, your opinion, man.
Are we talking about the same Wenger who lost the title to Leicester City by 10 points?

Yeah, it's the same one who got humiliated because he refused to sign an outfiled player. The very same.

The fact that Wenger needed to go and has a lot of bad notches on his belt proves why he had so much time in charge and why he also needed to go.

We can use Wenger's successes to beat Emery with it because he actually had wins, titles and consistency (both in his ups and his humiliating downs) and he achieved things.

The other way around doens't work because the Spanish dub of Hotel Transylvania ran his mouth to Marca and bottled yet another big club.

GDeep™

League is very weak
We make signings that no other club makes, its so weird. Look at the state of this squad and the players we have out on loan. Proper clusterfuck
It’s why I think we probably won’t finish top 6 next year either. I just don’t see the players to put out an effective consistent team.

We can’t throw money at it because we’re not that club, and on top of that we’ve been out of the CL for 3/4 years now.

GDeep™

League is very weak
Hits home how small this club is when fans still discuss Wenger. “He didn’t sign a striker in 2015”, “oh he should’ve beaten Utd in that game in 2005, I’ll never forgive him”.

Meanwhile we have a fat troll like Raul who was a flop at Barcelona hijacking Arsenal.

GDeep™

League is very weak
Every other big club manager got sacked that season.

No point going into it now, but it was an absolute travesty. And our performances in the cup competitions were just as embarrassing.
Because those top managers were hired to win leagues and backed as such, our targets are top 4.

bandaid

first target is to atleast have our name on the table on the right side of this page. People were talking relegation chances when bumbumery was going strong

Bloodbather

Established Member

Are you kidding? :lol:

Hate to reopen old wounds but we have had far more humiliating losses than that one. The 8-2, repeated Bayern maulings, the 6-0 in Wenger’s 1000th game etc etc.

8-2 at United and 6-0 at Chelsea were the most humilitating losses for me. Toss up between them. United one felt worse when it happened, Chelsea one was probably worse in hindsight.

The_Playmaker

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Need some shrewd signings this summer. Toulouse is going down a league, raid Sangare from them

We would be stupid not to get him a a cut price especially with our limited funds. Upgrade on Torreira in my opinion and gives is a massive physical boost in the centre of the pitch. I'd get him and Gueye and use them as a double pivot then buy a modern day 10.

blrgooner

Established Member
I think Arteta is doing a great job so far. Having said that, I really think the most important time to judge his performance would be next year after he has atleast one transfer window.
I think what he does with the midfield would pretty much decide our performance next season. At present, we have a midfield which is disconnected with the front 4. Due to this, we have no goal scoring threat from the center of the pitch. Basically most of our goals are from moves which are from crosses into the box from wide.
What Arteta is doing at the moment I think is to maximize goal threat from wide. He does this by having someone like Saka who can cross well playing LB and having Pepe stay wide and provide crosses from the other side. Özil usually tends to drift wide near Pepe since he doesnt have any passing option in the middle between the opposition lines.

What this basically means that if the opposition counters our threat from wide, they make us look very poor in attack. This is far too easy for most of the opposition teams to accomplish if they can keep their fullbacks defending most of the times.

Ideally we should try and mix this up with players in the center who can run at the opposition and shoot or players who can linkup with Özil better to advance play centrally. We just don`t have a player who can do this. The funny thing is that we had the perfect player for these kind of situations and we lost him to Juve last season.
The other option would be to get a wide striker on the left hand side who can link up with the Auba playing up front, This could mean that Pepe can get closer to the center and influence play from there. Pepe could be lethal if we can bring him into play in more central areas I think.
It will be very interesting what kind of players we are looking for in the summer. That will tell us a lot about the kind of football Arteta wants us to play. At present, I think he is just trying to get to the end of the season with as many wins as possible.

CaseUteinberger

Established Member

I think Arteta is doing a great job so far. Having said that, I really think the most important time to judge his performance would be next year after he has atleast one transfer window.
I think what he does with the midfield would pretty much decide our performance next season. At present, we have a midfield which is disconnected with the front 4. Due to this, we have no goal scoring threat from the center of the pitch. Basically most of our goals are from moves which are from crosses into the box from wide.
What Arteta is doing at the moment I think is to maximize goal threat from wide. He does this by having someone like Saka who can cross well playing LB and having Pepe stay wide and provide crosses from the other side. Özil usually tends to drift wide near Pepe since he doesnt have any passing option in the middle between the opposition lines.

What this basically means that if the opposition counters our threat from wide, they make us look very poor in attack. This is far too easy for most of the opposition teams to accomplish if they can keep their fullbacks defending most of the times.

Ideally we should try and mix this up with players in the center who can run at the opposition and shoot or players who can linkup with Özil better to advance play centrally. We just don`t have a player who can do this. The funny thing is that we had the perfect player for these kind of situations and we lost him to Juve last season.
The other option would be to get a wide striker on the left hand side who can link up with the Auba playing up front, This could mean that Pepe can get closer to the center and influence play from there. Pepe could be lethal if we can bring him into play in more central areas I think.
It will be very interesting what kind of players we are looking for in the summer. That will tell us a lot about the kind of football Arteta wants us to play. At present, I think he is just trying to get to the end of the season with as many wins as possible.
Isn’t much of our problems that we play a totally ineffective player centrally in our attack? Özil doesn’t score or assist and he sits in the 10 position.

It doesn’t help that Laca has gone stone cold and cannot score to save his life, but many of our attacking midfield problems centrally originate with Özil. He tends to drift out wide leaving us with nothing in the middle of the pitch when we play the 4231 formation. Or am I missing something?

blrgooner

Established Member
Isn’t much of our problems that we play a totally ineffective player centrally in our attack? Özil doesn’t score or assist and he sits in the 10 position.

It doesn’t help that Laca has gone stone cold and cannot score to save his life, but many of our attacking midfield problems centrally originate with Özil. He tends to drift out wide leaving us with nothing in the middle of the pitch when we play the 4231 formation. Or am I missing something?
Yes that`s true. The point though is that he often finds himself in situations where he gets the ball very deep(because the other midfielders are deep) and has no movement in front of him centrally. So he passes to wide areas where we have players in space and then moves towards the player to provide him a passing option. When he is in the midfield, there is nobody playing close to Özil. Its not really an excuse for some of his poor performances but our setup does make it difficult for him to get assists/goals.

Arsenal Quotes

I don’t look at the passport of people; I look at their quality and their attitude.

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom