• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Willian

• Thread starter A_G
  • Start date
  • Replies 2,913
  • Views 231,488

Would you be happy with the Willian signing?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Signing Willian is 2020, the life of an Arsenal fan these days ffs :lol:

6c911378aa2a9ba46c2adeb46ddff788.jpg

Last edited:

Toby

No longer a Stuttgart Fan
Why we are thin on the wing?

Auba?/Saka/Martinelli - X - Pepe/Nelson

And Willian is even more a RW. Makes no sense.

I can't see Auba on the wings longterm and he might be off anyway, Martinelli is more of a striker to me, too, Saka and Nelson are still teenagers.

NieThePiet

Loves Overhyping Our Rivals
I can't see Auba on the wings longterm and he might be off anyway, Martinelli is more of a striker to me, too, Saka and Nelson are still teenagers.

at the moment Arteta is using Auba and Martinelli on the left wing, so we have to count them there.

Nelson is 20. Pepe and Nelson is the right fit for the right side and Willian is a right winger. If we would be interested in a winger, it would be one for the left side. In addition Martinelli and Saka has shown their quality in the PL and why should Saka sign a new contract, if he would be only the third choice on the left side.

Malky

Established Member
Don't care if Willian's on a free, he can **** off.
Personally think this signing has Everton written all over it.

Malky

Established Member
at the moment Arteta is using Auba and Martinelli on the left wing, so we have to count them there.

Nelson is 20. Pepe and Nelson is the right fit for the right side and Willian is a right winger. If we would be interested in a winger, it would be one for the left side. In addition Martinelli and Saka has shown their quality in the PL and why should Saka sign a new contract, if he would be only the third choice on the left side.
On current form, if Auba is moved to CF, Saka has the LW spot on lockdown. Absolutely no need for Willian.

Toby

No longer a Stuttgart Fan

We're not far off here, but I can see a bit of movement re: strikers. Maybe Lacazette leaves, maybe Auba, maybe both. I'd definitely have Martinelli as the backup 9 to whichever starting striker. He's so clearly a striker and only a makeshift winger, one who can cope right now tho. That leaves Saka on the left - and with the way he plays at LB we might as well see him do an Alphonso Davies/David Alaba and share that LB spot with Tierney while Kola leaves. Worst case there's no left winger at all, or only a very young Saka. And I agree with you Willian is a right winger and that with pepe and Nelson that spot is full and well - but I wouldn't put it past Raul and his entourage to still sign him just because. That's the thing why I actually think it's very possible: Doesn't make sense but with Raul and Kia's hands in there sense doesn't seem to be primary source in decision making.

truth_hurts

but Holding’s hair transplant was painless
William would be our best winger if he came here and is old enough not to get in the way of Martinelli, Saka or Nelson.

Straight swap for Mkhi would be good business. Willian and Pepe on the wing with Auba central would be excellent.

I'd even prefer Willian at AM to 2020 Özil.

El Duderino

That's, like, your opinion, man.
Doesn't William play right wing?

Tidy player, Knows the league, but I don't think what he'll want in wages would be worth it.

He wants 3 years and Chelsea only want to give him 2, think they'll cave, he really likes it there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom