• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Youngsters On Loan Watch

Huddersfield doing very badly atm. Losing 3-1.

Emile Smith-Rowe just scored for them in their very first shot in the game at 36 min!

TromsoGooner

Obsessed With Looking for Eric
Maybe the wrng thread but Mikhytarian seems to be finding some form for Roma lately. Good news, vital to get rid of him and his wages in the summer.

NieThePiet

Loves Overhyping Our Rivals
Osei-Tutu scored again for Bochum, the new position as offensive RW is fitting him much better so far in the second league.

TromsoGooner

Osei-Tutu scored again for Bochum, the new position as offensive RW is fitting him much better so far in the second league.
Could there be a place for him next season? If not we should Get a dement fee for him at least,3M maybe. Anyone know when his contract is up?

Last edited:

TromsoGooner

Mavropano apparently had another great game yesterday. Still hopeful about him.

Most of our loans this season have worked out quite well to be fair. Smith Rowe had a great spell at Huddersfield, Mavropanos is doing very well, Osei Tutu has done quite well at Bochum and Mihki seems to have done enough for Roma to take him off our books. Elneny is also doing okey at Besiktas I believe, hopefully they or someone else will buy him for a decent fee.

Obviously would have liked Nketiah to have played more but I still think it was a useful loan. Ballard started well but got injured early and John Jules got a taset of senior football and did okey.

Also Saliba got fewer games than he should because of two injuries and the season being cut short but at least played well in the games he got.

Hopefully we`ll be able to see Mikhi, Mustafi and Elneny to raise cash instead of loaning them out. John Jules should probably go out on loan again and Balagun will probably go on loan at some stage. I would also loan Holding, he needs a full season and a lot of clubs should be interested.

No more loan for Smith Rowe, he is ready. Willock is pretty established now to be fair but I would actually consider a loan for him as well, at least if we bring someone like Partey in.

Last edited:

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
Looks like our loan manager Ben Knapper is earning his wage.
The kind of shrewd appointment we should have been making years ago. Could fundamentally change the effectiveness of our loans of Hale End talent. I'd like to see how they deal with likes of Matt Smith, Trae Coyle and Harry Clarke. 3 guys in need of first team football.

TromsoGooner

Looks like our loan manager Ben Knapper is earning his wage.
Looks like it. Smart loan are important from a financial perspective as well. Bielik is a good exampe, he did very well at Charlton and we get a good fee for him. I hope he stays but with Mavropanos impressing we will probably get 5M for him if we sell, without a good loan spell we would probably get 1,5M.

Impact

Established Member
The kind of shrewd appointment we should have been making years ago. Could fundamentally change the effectiveness of our loans of Hale End talent. I'd like to see how they deal with likes of Matt Smith, Trae Coyle and Harry Clarke. 3 guys in need of first team football.

Knapper used to be our senior football analyst. There's probably an interesting story about how data analytics has transformed our approach to choosing clubs for our loanees.

Edu, Arteta, Ljungberg, Mertesacker and Bould (and the other experts e.g. Knapper) have a big job in the next three-five years. We have several promising prospects that can play a part in our future either as first team regulars, squad players or being sold to generate funds to reinvest into the first team. Especially given many of our prospects are clustered around the same age group as you outlined early with your assessment of our striking options.

Impact

Established Member
Looks like it. Smart loan are important from a financial perspective as well. Bielik is a good exampe, he did very well at Charlton and we get a good fee for him. I hope he stays but with Mavropanos impressing we will probably get 5M for him if we sell, without a good loan spell we would probably get 1,5M.

I've said this many times before but I think there is a real player in Mavropanos. I want him developed with a few to being given a real chance here. Another loan next season seems fitting but the level should be higher: Bundesliga instead on Bundesliga II but regular football should still be the priority.

TromsoGooner

I've said this many times before but I think there is a real player in Mavropanos. I want him developed with a few to being given a real chance here. Another loan next season seems fitting but the level should be higher: Bundesliga instead on Bundesliga II but regular football should still be the priority.
I agree. Feel he has a much higher ceiling than Holding and Chambers. The combination of size, power, aerial ability and pace is quite rare and he`s not too shabby on the ball either.

Top Bottom