• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Lucas Torreira: 2019/20 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.

MD3 Gunner

All Deals Off
So his contract expires in 3 years. I think we need to gauge if this guy is commited to England and either sell him or renew his contract at some stage, I'm fed up of letting people run their deals under 2 years.

Either this summer or next he has to go if hes not committing himself here.
It's clear he's homesick, just like Reyes was when he was at Arsenal.. That also has contributed to his dip of form

BigPoppaPump

Reeling from Laca & Kos nightmares
Some terrible opinions in this thread. Torreira is a really good player who's just had a bad season, as have the club in general. I don't even think his size is a problem. Size can be useful in football, but it's really not everything. Torreira is good at tackling and intercepting, and he has much more in his locker technically.

Put Torreira next to a prime Santi or Cesc and you'd have a great midfield I reckon. It's that type of player we need, a central midfielder of high technical ability. I'd like to see a Torreira-Ceballos pairing and see how that works tbh. But even if Ceballos himself isn't the answer, it's that type of player we should be looking for.

Some fans are just weird. Slagging of a player who's never shown potential, like Elneny, fair enough, but what's the deal with slagging off young players who clearly have shown potential, like Torreira and Guendouzi? It just stinks of impatience and entitlement.

Some of you lot think every player at Arsenal is good. Torreira is just average at best, how can you even say he has high technical ability lmao, we’re never gonna get back in the CL with guys like Torreira and Guendouzi in our first 11. Bench players at best.

But then again you judge players based on looks so I guess our criteria is different?

Oxeki

Match Day Thread Merchant
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Some of you lot think every player at Arsenal is good. Torreira is just average at best, how can you even say he has high technical ability lmao, we’re never gonna get back in the CL with guys like Torreira and Guendouzi in our first 11. Bench players at best.

But then again you judge players based on looks so I guess our criteria is different?
But you judge players on their body size

MD3 Gunner

All Deals Off

I don't rate them highly neither but a bit harsh that tbh

BigPoppaPump

But you judge players on their body size

No I don’t but it’s still an important aspect. We use to get bullied by teams just cos we were always so small.

Always reminds me of what Adebayor said:

‘I was the strongest player on the team, despite the fact that I weighed 73kg,” Adebayor recently told French reporters.

“Chelsea had Michael Essien and Michael Ballack in midfield. We had Rosicky. If you said as much as ‘how are you’ to him, he would then be injured for two-and-a-half months.”

No one can say they weren’t sick of seeing our little players get abused by cavemen teams like Stoke and whatever relegation fodder Allerdyce is managing at the time.

Oxeki

Trusted ⭐

No I don’t but it’s still an important aspect. We use to get bullied by teams just cos we were always so small.

Always reminds me of what Adebayor said:

‘I was the strongest player on the team, despite the fact that I weighed 73kg,” Adebayor recently told French reporters.

“Chelsea had Michael Essien and Michael Ballack in midfield. We had Rosicky. If you said as much as ‘how are you’ to him, he would then be injured for two-and-a-half months.”

No one can say they weren’t sick of seeing our little players get abused by cavemen teams like Stoke and whatever relegation fodder Allerdyce is managing at the time.
First of, Risicky's size had nothing to do with his injury proneness.

We were getting bullied not because of our size but because of Wenger's mentality. Our players were mentally weak which I'd blame on Wenger. Not because of their lack of physicality.

Giving the ball away in dangerous areas and making schoolboy errors in defense has nothing to do with body size.

City dont have a team full of Giants but they can go toe-to-toe physically with just about any team physically because of the mentality their manager installed in them.

If physicality was the be all and end all. If it was so, Stoke wouldn't have been fighting relegation every season

BigPoppaPump

First of, Risicky's size had nothing to do with his injury proneness.

We were getting bullied not because of our size but because of Wenger's mentality. Our players were mentally weak which I'd blame on Wenger. Not because of their lack of physicality.

Giving the ball away in dangerous areas and making schoolboy errors in defense has nothing to do with body size.

City dont have a team full of Giants but they can go toe-to-toe physically with just about any team physically because of the mentality their manager installed in them.

If physicality was the be all and end all. If it was so, Stoke wouldn't have been fighting relegation every season

So we were getting bullied because of our mentality and not physicality? We’re they having telepathic battles out there?

If that’s the case then we should get Professor X from X Men as our next manager.

Oxeki

Trusted ⭐

So we were getting bullied because of our mentality and not physicality? We’re they having telepathic battles out there?

If that’s the case then we should get Professor X from X Men as our next manager.
Why aren't city getting bullied?

Our problem was lack of quality not physical.

We had bums and injury prone players. Not anything to do with lack of physicality.

In football, the team with most quality wins games, not the team with Giants

BigPoppaPump

Why aren't city getting bullied?

Our problem was lack of quality not physical.

We had bums and injury prone players. Not anything to do with lack of physicality.

City have strong players though Aguero may be short but he’s stocky, KDB is athletically gifted, Fernandinho tall and strong.

City have the best players in Europe though you can’t compare, if you want to play that style you need the best players. Also City foul so much when they don’t have the ball they don’t have to rely on physicality.

Lack of quality coincides with lack of physicality.

RacingPhoton

Established Member
City have strong players though Aguero may be short but he’s stocky, KDB is athletically gifted, Fernandinho tall and strong.

City have the best players in Europe though you can’t compare, if you want to play that style you need the best players. Also City foul so much when they don’t have the ball they don’t have to rely on physicality.

Xhaka is physically strong. But all he can do is to plant his legs like a wooden log in front of a dribbler.

OnlyOne

‘Donkeys don’t have a peak, they remain useless’
Trusted ⭐

My guys 5'10 bro.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
"We had Rosicky. If you said as much as ‘how are you’ to him, he would then be injured for two-and-a-half months.”

I love Rozza, but that's funny :lol:

Why is Adebayor comparing our wide midfielder to Chelsea's central ones though...during his stay at the club, our CMs included Gilberto Silva and Abou Diaby, hardly weak midgets.

The issue during Ade's time was we were just not really a top team anymore (2006-2009) like we were previously under Arsène...saying that we nearly won the Champions League and Premier League during his stint here.

Last edited:

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Don’t think our problem was height and strength, we had guys like Song, Diaby, Gilberto, Flamini and Diarra in midfield one year, so weren’t getting bullied physically.

It’s just unlike Chelsea a lot of our big, tough players were just sh*te. Guys like Senderos, Djourou and Bentdner.

freeglennhelder2

Established Member

Player:Elneny
Don’t think our problem was height and strength, we had guys like Song, Diaby, Gilberto, Flamini and Diarra in midfield one year, so weren’t getting bullied physically.

It’s just unlike Chelsea a lot of our big, tough players were just sh*te. Guys like Senderos, Djourou and Bentdner.

Song - Know I'm in the minority here, but thought he was generally sh1te, had a great season then left
Diaby - KIA, RIP, thanks Dan Smith :mad:
Gilberto - Brilliant player but was totally immobile right at the end of his Arsenal career
Flamini - Good utility man, will save the world as a philanthropist, the Tony Stark of midfielders
Diarra - Excellent player, stormed off in a huff because Wenger only played him for 2 games

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
Slight tangent but I thought injuries killed the last two. Djourou actually looked decent at times in 10/11 but getting stretchered off at OT in the Cup was the end for him. With Bendtner I thought it clicked for him in 09/10 when he had a good end to the season while playing on pain-killing injections, but that injury + RVP/Chamakh being ahead of him in 2010 meant that his window to make it here closed.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Slight tangent but I thought injuries killed the last two. Djourou actually looked decent at times in 10/11 but getting stretchered off at OT in the Cup was the end for him. With Bendtner I thought it clicked for him in 09/10 when he had a good end to the season while playing on pain-killing injections, but that injury + RVP/Chamakh being ahead of him in 2010 meant that his window to make it here closed.

I think Bentdner p*ssed away his own career a bit. It’s hard to say really because both careers died not long after leaving us. Bentdner definitely had more than he gave.

Last edited:
Reactions: A_G

Monstar-Gunn4r

Established Member
I hate this rubbish sh*t we were bullied physically. How many leg breaks had we in that period of time? Off the top of my head I can remember Eduardo, Diaby, Ramsey, Wilshere (Paddy Mcnair broke his ankle with a two footed challenge that was off the ground, the ref didnt even stop play). And this is outside of the incidents like when Adebayor stamped on Van Persies face, Fabregas getting kneed in to the back of the head while on the ground and so so so many others that there would have been fa action if it had been a utd or liverpool player. Thats not being bullied physically its the other team making career ending challenges and the refs encouraging it by doing nothing.

We werent bullied we were being attacked and the refs did sweet fk all, except when we hit back then out came the red cards for arsenal players. City and Liverpool dont get the treatment we do or have done, it was an acceptable tactic to go and try and break Arsenal players legs - still is if you look at the utd matches form the last 2 years. And if we go in hard its then the match is spiraling out of control etc. etc. and the Arsenal players have no control of themselves.

How many straight red card challenges has there been on pepe and nothing happened or at most a yellow is given.

freeglennhelder2

Established Member

Player:Elneny
How many straight red card challenges has there been on pepe and nothing happened or at most a yellow is given.

Next bad challenge on Pepe, I want to see our players swarming the opposition player and ref . Too many standing around for my liking! I know Guendouzi and Tierney 100% always have yer back, not sure about the rest ... I guess Laca is quite aggressive.

tcahill

Good player, but clearly homesick. If a good bid comes in we should sell. Shame because he has the tools to be a vital piece of our midfield for a long while.

I'm getting the vibe he hasn't quite melded into the team dynamic yet, although the upheaval of the last season and a half must of made things worse.

mpower2540

Jesus Bentdner, Guy was an absolute clown. Still haven’t forgiven him for that first touch against Barca when Wilshere played him through. He scores that and we’d have knocked out many persons number 1 pick for the best club team ever. Pretty sure he was banging on about being the best striker in the world around that time too, ******.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom