• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Lucas Torreira: 2019/20 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
I'm not sure homesick is really the right term. He was happy in Italy and he's not from there. The guy was like 17 when he left Uruguay, so the idea that he's just left home and can't cope is ridiculous. He probably just prefers the lifestyle over in Italy than here in the UK, and tbf he wouldn't be the first player to have felt that way.

Anyway, I still think there's a future here for him.

Oxeki

Match Day Thread Merchant
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Jesus Bentdner, Guy was an absolute clown. Still haven’t forgiven him for that first touch against Barca when Wilshere played him through. He scores that and we’d have knocked out many persons number 1 pick for the best club team ever. Pretty sure he was banging on about being the best striker in the world around that time too, ******.
He also cost us the Liverpool CL tie.

A proper bellend. He thought he was better than he was

Last edited:

OnlyOne

‘Donkeys don’t have a peak, they remain useless’
Trusted ⭐

Better than Partey.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
How nice using a ball winning midfield in his best position. Only if very good bid like 30m we should sell but now with Guendouzi and Ceballos going we have to keep him

Monstar-Gunn4r

Established Member
Came on and was closed down quick than a high street retailer in administration. Seriously though he helped to change the complexion of the game, even Xhaka started pressing better when he had him alongside.

MikelHadADream

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Before the Guendouzi saga, I was up for selling Torreira in the summer. He isn't good enough to be a starter for a top Premier league club, his game is too limited. But now it looks that Guendouzi is off, I'd have no problem keeping him around.

He is useful in games like todays to see out a result.

Maybe

You're wrong, no?
Before the Guendouzi saga, I was up for selling Torreira in the summer. He isn't good enough to be a starter for a top Premier league club, his game is too limited. But now it looks that Guendouzi is off, I'd have no problem keeping him around.

He is useful in games like todays to see out a result.
Hope he does stay and probe you wrong. The guy is a top player and you base your opinion on * Emery's attempts to make a b2b midfielder out of him.

MikelHadADream

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Hope he does stay and probe you wrong. The guy is a top player and you base your opinion on ******** Emery's attempts to make a b2b midfielder out of him.

So do I but I can't see it. He is tenacious in the tackle and reads the game well defensively, but is very limited on the ball and struggles to get around the pitch. That isn't a recipe for success in the premier league.

Maybe

You're wrong, no?
So do I but I can't see it. He is tenacious in the tackle and reads the game well defensively, but is very limited on the ball and struggles to get around the pitch. That isn't a recipe for success in the premier league.
Agree on that part. Him going up and down on the pitch didn't work well for us. The thing is, Arteta doesn't play like that, we sit deep and that's something Torreira can play. If we start to play possession football with high defensive line next season, Torreira could play that as well by staying in front of CB's and winning the ball quickly.
The only formation so far where he clearly failed was when the gap between our defence and attack was huge and he doesn't have the legs to cover that ground.

I'm not concerned about his ball skills, he does the basics right with simple passing and that's all you want from you DMC

Leo_ense_

AnthonyG Survivor
He’s a must keep player in my opinion, has massive, undeniable potential.

I was all for keeping Guendouzi but now I’m coming round to the idea of keeping Torreira out of the two.

For next season, if we can extend Ceballos loan and sign Partey our midfield options will be:

Xhaka
Partey
Ceballos
Torreira

It’s a good set of midfielders to build around. Plus Özil, Willock etc

jmsmtthw28

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
I dont see where he fits in the system that Arteta is trying to implement but we will see if gets game time now that hes fit

BigPoppaPump

Reeling from Laca & Kos nightmares
He’s a must keep player in my opinion, has massive, undeniable potential.

I was all for keeping Guendouzi but now I’m coming round to the idea of keeping Torreira out of the two.

For next season, if we can extend Ceballos loan and sign Partey our midfield options will be:

Xhaka
Partey
Ceballos
Torreira

It’s a good set of midfielders to build around. Plus Özil, Willock etc

His potential is very much deniable, I really don’t see what others do. He’s never been good for us but certain people always hype him.

Flying Okapis

Most Well-Known Member
I'm not sure homesick is really the right term. He was happy in Italy and he's not from there. The guy was like 17 when he left Uruguay, so the idea that he's just left home and can't cope is ridiculous. He probably just prefers the lifestyle over in Italy than here in the UK, and tbf he wouldn't be the first player to have felt that way.

Anyway, I still think there's a future here for him.

South Americans & Italy/Serie A have gone together well for decades, all the way back to when Serie A was the top league in the world. It used to be the first step for many of them, I think theres also a lot of history, heritage and love for Serie A from South America that we dont see in the UK.

Onto his ability, definitely wouldnt sell him, offers a lot when played correctly, also think he has good ability on the ball and is very sharp turning a player to break free.

However, if he does want to leave and return to Serie A so be it, no point keeping a player who doesnt want to be here and especially if hes 'home sick' which can potentially be worse than injured or higher ambitions as it cant be cured and it effects everyday life where the player then becomes to unpredictable to trust.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom