• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

PL: Manchester City Vs Arsenal | Wednesday June 17th | KO: 20:15 GMT | Sky Sports

Match Prediction

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
Sigh, when Musah makes his debut in the next 18 months it’s gonna hurt. Then you’ll see him being linked with all the elites.
Think Valencia offered him a quicker pathway to first team football. We probably would have had him in the U23s while Xhaka and Guendouzi get beaten for pace every game. At least they weren't ****ing around with Azeez and gave him the big deal but for all Azeez potential (I think he has genuine WC potential), he strikes me as a bit complacent sometimes, like he plays at 70% every game. I have seen him a couple of times looking motivated and he's very dominant so unless it's a case of him often being younger, I'd like to see more of that from him. Then I'd be clamouring for him more to see first team football. As it stands, needs to work more IMO. Cook for the U23s for a bit.

Hleb's Sirush

Established Member
But you failed to mention, they've only lost 7 games, which is the second best in the league. They beat Real Madrid away, Leicester away, put 6 past Villa away. They've scored more goals than any other team, 5 past West H and put 8 past Watford.

And add to that, our team is a ****ing shambles. Expensive stars that aren't even picked, a mountain of rash, poor quality CBs and a pathetic midfield. Recruitment is an absolute mess and we're having to rely on a bunch of inexperienced youngsters against seasoned pros.

I repeat, what were you expecting?

And I repeat, asking for at least a shot on target isn't unreasonable. Nor is it excusable for our players to be so unfit.

Even if we take all our problems into account, that kind of 'performance' from our team should never be acceptable. There are teams in League One who wouldn't surrender as meekly.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
And I repeat, asking for at least a shot on target isn't unreasonable. Nor is it excusable for our players to be so unfit.

Even if we take all our problems into account, that kind of 'performance' from our team should never be acceptable. There are teams in League One who wouldn't surrender as meekly.

Teams in League One have players with more fight than ours on the pitch, genuinely.

The last few years we have somehow managed to build up a rather large collection of players who aren't very skilful with the ball, but provide zero fight when not on the ball...we are a one of a kind club really!

Hleb's Sirush

Established Member
If City were at their best and we lost 3-0 then fair enough, but when they are beating us 3-0 on a bad day it's unacceptable..

This. Add also this was a 3-0 score with us having zero full chances (one half chance for Auba the only sniff we got). They scored 3 but also had 3 clear 1v1 with Leno (Sterling, Mahrez and Aguero) and a few other chances. The sad reality is if they were actually clinical they could have scored 5 or 6 and it wouldn't have been undeserved.

Jakarta

Guendouzi is a turnstile.

Bro I see potential in Guendouzi but he is so raw it’s unreal. His good points are that he can pass the ball under pressure and his confidence.

However he should never have been a first team regular at this stage. He should’ve been a cup player or even sent out on loan to Ligue 1 or the bundesliga when it was clear to see that he needs a lot of time to develop.

A lot of our hyped youngsters should no way be first team regulars for a top 4 challenging team. Nketiah should be out on loan..same with Nelson and even Willock.

Saka imo is not ready to make impacts on the biggest games yet as well.

I’m not hating on our youngsters. The ones I have mentioned all have potential, but they still have lots of room for development before they can reach the level where we can compete for the top 4 with them.

People being cool with Saka being our starting LW next season are the same ones who will complain when we once again fail to get into the CL.

Our youngsters shouldn’t be throw in the deep end when the truth is they are just starting to learn how to compete at the professional level.

Just take a look at Chelsea they have Mount,Abraham,Hudson-Odoi top talented youngsters...in fact more talented than our kids atm(Mount & Abraham previously did the business in the champ). Yet that didn’t stop them from signing established stars like Ziyech and Werner.

GeorgiaGunner

#FreeClaude
Don’t get me wrong, we were always losing that game, City are as clear of us now as we were to them before their oil money.

The only realisation I had last night was that our reputation around the world must have plummeted to new lows. The only way we get back to the top is if we stumble upon our very own Messi or if we get those Saudi owners.

Neither will happen so we have to accept being a mid table team or worse for probably the next decade.
I don’t think this changes much if anything. City have beaten us by 2 or 3 literally every game for the past three-plus years. Total status quo.

Penn_

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Emery would’ve got slaughtered for that front line. I know Arteta doesn’t seem to want Auba centrally but it means shifting Saka, a player thats been dominant on the left to the opposite wing.

OSBK

Established Member
Henderson? Really... Liverpool midfield has no key player. They always rotate... And the most consistent player is Fabinho not Henderson. Keita, Henderson, Wilnajdun, Milner and Ox are constantly rotating the bench. Henderson is not driving anything

Premier league starts

Win - 28
Henderson - 22
Fabinho - 15
Ox - 13
Milner - 7
Keita - 4

So exactly how is fabinho running the premier league from 15 starts? Henderson and wijnaldum have started far more.

Give credit where its due

OnlyOne

‘Donkeys don’t have a peak, they remain useless’
Trusted ⭐

Does anyone know why we flew down the same day btw?

I would guess it has something to do with covid? The club has probably marked what is regarded as safe places where it's certain the players won't get it and want to keep the players in these safe places. Guess we didn't trust any areas in Manchester so we decided to fly in as late as we could get away with?

Oxeki

Match Day Thread Merchant
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Premier league starts

Win - 28
Henderson - 22
Fabinho - 15
Ox - 13
Milner - 7
Keita - 4

So exactly how is fabinho running the premier league from 15 starts? Henderson and wijnaldum have started far more.

Fabinho was injured for 3 months

Oxeki

Match Day Thread Merchant
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Thought you said he was carrying the liverpool midfield all season? :lol::lol:
I said he's their most consistent midfielder. Obviyhe missed a lot games due to injury. meanwhile the likes of Wijnadum and Henderson are rotated regularly

yorch44

Commander of the Pelotudo Brigade
Premier league starts

Win - 28
Henderson - 22
Fabinho - 15
Ox - 13
Milner - 7
Keita - 4

He got injured. How is last season when they win CL?

I give the credit to who deserves it. Kloop

HollandGooner

Established Member

Player:Ødegaard
Can you imagine City outplayed us even when they where not a full rhytm they could have won by 7-0 we created nothing because they are a much much better team then we are. We are a midtable team at best for the moment.

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
A-M CL Draft Campeón 🏆
But under the new Project Restart protocols, clubs are being encouraged to get flights where possible as it is easier to socially distance than use three or four coaches.

They are actively discouraged from using trains and Arsenal were left facing either an eight-hour round trip by coach or get a plane, but either way it was hardly ideal preparation for a crunch game.

All clubs will have to make similar plans because hotels are still few and far between and any lengthy journeys will have to be done on a similar basis and midweek night matches will be a logistical nightmare.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom