• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Our slow and lethargic football

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
This is why I’m scratching my head at some of the selections. AMN and Willock would add something different to that midfield. Willock has a similar ability to Ramsey where he can make late runs into the box. Playing him higher up the pitch doesn’t allow him to show that.
More than that, what Willock should be bringing is the ability to carry the ball forward. I think he passes better from deeper positions aswell, his passing as a #6 has always been more impressive to me whenever I've seen him play there. He's also a very good duel-winner and presses very well - I do think that sometimes his positioning when we have the ball could be better but I think that's mitigated when he's somewhat behind the ball. The timing of his runs are better when the ball's ahead.

With AMN, it's somewhat similar, but I think he passes the ball quicker. He's faster and can add a bit more energy when he's at his most focused. More than that, his composure in possession can be good for slowing the game down when we're in a position of dominance or when we need to halt the momentum of the opponent.

Both players are far better when they have a higher volume of touches. Too often, they play in positions that take them out of the game - additionally they could also be doing more to mitigate that from the positions they're in but that still makes me think they'd be far better served playing deeper in midfield and given a chance in the engine room.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
When I say ability I’m talking about one facet of his game. I didn’t say he’s a copy of Ramsey. Calm down.

Has a go at you for comparing Willock to Ramsey, but compares Ramsey to Vieira :lol:

I love Aaron, but just no.

MD3 Gunner

All Deals Off
Has a go at you for comparing Willock to Ramsey, but compares Ramsey to Vieira :lol:

I love Aaron, but just no.
If Liam Brady is an Arsenal legend which he is, why shouldn't Ramsey be labelled one ? He's scored the most goals out of every Arsenal midfielder and scored the winning goal in not 1 but 2 cup finals

MD3 Gunner

All Deals Off
I don't mind fans saying Ramsey is an Arsenal legend, he was very good here, the trophy drought ending winner means he will always be held in esteem here.

I can't compare him to Brady, as I never got to watch him sadly...going by clips I have seen and others talking about him he was a hell of a player, didn't sound like he had as many off days as Rambo did.

I feel Ramsey made more of a contribution than most to this club, but when compared to the likes of Henry, Bergkamp and co...titans of the game, not just at this club, but world renowned players, I feel a bit uneasy putting him in the same category as them...I would have him just below them, in like a "cult heroes" section.
He's obviously not the biggest legend I never said he was. But deserves to have some sort of legendary status

RunTheTrap

Kai Havertz Offense League
Don't compare a bum to a legend
Don't understand while you're being so hostile to Willock. Comparing Willock to Ramsey is fine. The criticisms they both faced at 20 are eerily similar. They both played further up the pitch but they struggled. Both known for their knack of scoring goals, both are good footballers who are in need of patience not persecution.

MD3 Gunner

All Deals Off
No. No he is not. You (and others) are wrong.
This is the problem with our fanbase. We big up our team so much as if we're treble holders or something. Surely if our players were as good as we think we would not have been a midtable club ?? The reality is our players are overrated and not good enough and its honestly not surprising we are where we are

squallman

Still Pining for Wenger
I don't mind fans saying Ramsey is an Arsenal legend, he was very good here, the trophy drought ending winner means he will always be held in esteem.

I can't compare him to Brady, as I never got to watch him sadly...going by clips I have seen and others talking about him he was a hell of a player, didn't sound like he had as many off days as Rambo did.

I feel Ramsey made more of a contribution than most to this club, but when compared to the likes of Henry, Bergkamp and co...titans of the game, not just at this club, but world renowned players, I feel a bit uneasy putting him in the same category as them...I would have him just below them, in like a "cult heroes" section.

Cult heroes? Reserve that **** for players the fans like but who never made a major contribution to anything substantial during their time here.

The Hlebs, Flaminis, Eduardos (who I like) and the Arshavins of this world.

How many Arsenal players have scored in a FA cup final?
How many of them scored the winning goal?
How many of them did that twice? The second time being against a hated rival?

If Ramsey isn't an Arsenal legend then I don't know who qualifies.

Garrincha

Wilf Zaha Aficionado
Trusted ⭐
A karting place I went to as a kid had a flag waved if you were 'racing above your ability'.

Thats been in my head watching us for years. We think we are better than we are... on the pitch, with our signing & even philosophy. Never accepted our place as an underdog since the oil clubs popped up.

Riou

A karting place I went to as a kid had a flag waved if you were 'racing above your ability'.

Thats been in my head watching us for years. We think we are better than we are... on the pitch, with our signing & even philosophy. Never accepted our place as an underdog since the oil clubs popped up.

Arrogance of Barcelona, ability of Stoke...we are ****ed.

Riou

I never said they weren't legends. Liam Brady never won the league with us.

Yet no one says he isn't a legend.

As I said I can't judge him properly, but people that have seen him would put him above Ramsey.

From the ones I have seen, do you think Aaron's names belongs alongside the likes of Henry, Bergkamp, Vieira or Adams?

MD3 Gunner

All Deals Off
As I said I can't judge him properly, but people that have seen him would put him above Ramsey.

From the ones I have seen, do you think Aaron's names belongs alongside the likes of Henry, Bergkamp, Vieria or Adams?
No absolutely not but they're not the only legends at this club

Big Poppa

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Cult heroes? Reserve that **** for players the fans like but who never made a major contribution to anything substantial during their time here.

The Hlebs, Flaminis, Eduardos (who I like) and the Arshavins of this world.

How many Arsenal players have scored in a FA cup final?
How many of them scored the winning goal?
How many of them did that twice? The second time being against a hated rival?

If Ramsey isn't an Arsenal legend then I don't know who qualifies.

You must be very young.

Legend should be reserved for an elite few. Bergkamp, Henry, Brady, Wright, Vieira, Wilson etc.

Big Poppa

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Automatic 2 week fine for anyone who takes more than 2 touches before releasing the ball in training.

Arsenal Quotes

A football team is like a beautiful woman. When you do not tell her, she forgets she is beautiful.

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom