• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Next Season's Centerbacks

Who would you rather keep?

• Total voters

MikelHadADream

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Its all about combinations. Any combo of Luiz, Mustafi and Sokratis is one brainfart away from collapse as all are prone to rash decisions under pressure, and either try to do too much or too little.

Mari, Holding and Chambers all have a more considered style and are less mental, but lack Luiz's passing, Mustafi's agility and Sokratis pace and physical abrasiveness.

If the combo is right, then there is a unit that can be better than what we've seen, if not as good as the top sides.

Its like how Kos was a v good defender, but was much better with the BFG than when the german wasn't there, even though BFG wasn't the best defender for our system

The wild card is Saliba. Kid will likely need time, but in France he plays with poise as well as being a physical beast and good on the ball. Ultimately none of the above will define our defence in 2 years + from now. Most of them will be gone, and it will be who fits with Saliba

You're thinking about this way too much, bar Saliba they're all **** and have to go.

MikelHadADream

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
The other alternative is that you are under thinking it and its simply not possible to get rid of them all at once...:D

At the end of the day the vast majority of them are barley Premier league level, you can try as many combinations as you want, they will all end in failure.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel

… 15 year old me, "no other 23rd of June will make me sadder as an Arsenal fan, than the 2007 edition.

23rd of June be like...

Final-Form.jpg

Last edited:

Lady_Gooner

Posting While Meditating
Trusted ⭐

Next season I’m going with the mindset that everyone is **** till they prove otherwise. Especially at CB.

dka1

100% Dark Chocolate
Trusted ⭐

Anyone hanging onto the idea that Holding is any good I’ve got a spoiler for you & its not good news I’m afraid

I think he deserves the benefit of the doubt for now, mainly because outside of him, Saliba and possibly Chambers (absence bias) the rest of our defenders make me want to tear my eyes out :(

gunner4lyfe

Established Member
Ideally I'd keep none of them. But in terms of who can contribute, probably Mustafi. Sokratis is an ogre who can't pass so he's automatically ruled out (I'm sure @Mitch will tell me what a brilliant RB he is). Holding is not Premier League level. Chambers, I don't know it's a difficult one, but I feel he's the one we could get the most money for while acknowledging he's not good enough.

That leaves Mustafi who's currently a starter anyways.
Have to take wages into account. Mustafi is out for me. Chambers gets one last chance.

gunner4lyfe

Established Member
Sokratis and Mustafi must leave. Holding and Chambers if we got good offer should leave, leave us with Luiz Mari Saliba and Mavropanos that's will give us option and funds to get good CB.

talking is easy but nobody will buy Sokratis and Mustafi
Depends on how much we try to shift them for. Im sure od they're told they can leave their agents would find a team for them. Fairly confident Sokratis would go but Mustafi probably wont because of his wages.

tcahill

Chambers has been looking good for years. Not dominant, but solid. Not sure why people don't rate him. Can see him partnering a more talented CB.

GeorgiaGunner

#FreeClaude
If we’re going to get into even the EL next season, neither answer is currently on the roster. Chambers is a decent third or fourth option on a good team.

So know we know for sure that Raul is steering this club to relegation!

We are stuck with David Luiz for one more year!! How the f**** are they thinking?
Pablo Mari and Soares each on a 4years contract!!
Again what!!
Soares who doesnt take a spot in Southampton but in Arsenal we are relying on him!! Makes you wounder how much cash Kia Joorabchian is giving Raul and Edu

UpTheGunnerz

Vrei sa pleci dar una una iei

Player:Elneny
Saliba - Mari
---------------
Mustafi - Chambers
---------------
Luiz
----------------
Medley

Is my guess

Latest posts+