• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Next Season's Centerbacks

Who would you rather keep?

• Total voters

UpTheGunnerz

Vrei sa pleci dar una una iei

Player:Elneny
We need a big name CB this window. Saliba alone just wont do. (even if i personally believe he will be maybe even the best CB in the world in a few years). It is not fair to him to throw him out in the deep end with a bunch of muppets

UpTheGunnerz

Vrei sa pleci dar una una iei

Player:Elneny
If we dont get another good/great CB this window, i fear Saliba wants to jump ship next season when R. Madrid comes knocking

Mraven

I know many are blinded by hate, but Mustafi is by far our best CB. Selling him doesn’t make any sense in our situation

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

Clear the decks of them all. Except Luiz cause you know we just extended his contract after he shafted us.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Does anyone else think that none of this is real (it can't be surely, too many things have gone wrong for it to be real) and we are all hooked up to Matrix-like dream machines, controlled by a master machine force that has taken over earth.

And for some reason the machines cities are super powered by the depression of Arsenal fans specifically...like in Monsters Inc, were they find out that laughter is better than screams?

This insane theory would at least make the decisions the board are making, make sense to us...

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
We need a big name CB this window. Saliba alone just wont do. (even if i personally believe he will be maybe even the best CB in the world in a few years). It is not fair to him to throw him out in the deep end with a bunch of muppets

If Ornstein is to be believed (who knows) then the club want to sign another CB this summer. But firstly, the club has very little money, so it's not gonna be a big name. Secondly it totally depends if they are able to sell/loan out Mustafi, Sokratis, Holding and Mavropanos.

I don't see how they can make any deal for a new CB without having freed up space first, cos we currently have 8 CB's on the books.

Heavy Duty Rom

Outdated Tweets Merchant
For me the priority is the midfield. For that reason, i'm glad we've kept Luiz for 1 more year. Tbh, at this point, unless we get a decent offer, i'd even keep Mustafi.

Keep -Luiz, Saliba, Mustafi, Mari

Sell - Sokratis, Holding, Chambers, Mavrapanos.

If we can sign another CB, great, but i'd like us to put most of our funds into fixing the midfield, as this will play a big part in fixing both our defensive and attacking issues.

Maybe

You're wrong, no?
For me the priority is the midfield. For that reason, i'm glad we've kept Luiz for 1 more year. Tbh, at this point, unless we get a decent offer, i'd even keep Mustafi.

Keep -Luiz, Saliba, Mustafi, Mari

Sell - Sokratis, Holding, Chambers, Mavrapanos.

If we can sign another CB, great, but i'd like us to put most of our funds into fixing the midfield, as this will play a big part in fixing both our defensive and attacking issues.
What an absolute joke of a comment. Think Chambers and Holding made fewer mistakes in their careers than Luiz and Mustafi in a single season. Keep them and cry next year after every game, that's smart

Penn_

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
What an absolute joke of a comment. Think Chambers and Holding made fewer mistakes in their careers than Luiz and Mustafi in a single season. Keep them and cry next year after every game, that's smart

Tbf they probably have a higher value in the market.

Penn_

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
If you sell them to finance salaries of Özil, Luiz and Mustafi, that doesn't make much sense either

A reasonable fee for Chambers and Holding, at least pre Corona, would be around 20m each.

I highly doubt Mustafi and Luiz are bringing that much home annually.

Maybe

You're wrong, no?
A reasonable fee for Chambers and Holding, at least pre Corona, would be around 20m each.

I highly doubt Mustafi and Luiz are bringing that much home annually.
OK, I still struggle to get what you want there. Let's say you sell Chambers, half of that money goes to finance salaries for Luiz and Mustafi. After a year, you lose Luiz and Mustafi on free, you've sold Chambers and you are left with 10m on the bank account. You then have a value of 10m on your account without players. How exactly did you increase the value of your squad by doing that?

The other option, get rid of the bums and keep Chambers, after a year you will still have a player that will have a long term value of 20+m without spending any additional money on Luiz/Mustafi.

What you're describing is the exact same thing that the board did. Reducing the overall value of the squad year after year and wonder after that how you ended up with 240m wage budget and with players that can't beat Brighton, with nothing to sell to get better players.

Heavy Duty Rom

Outdated Tweets Merchant
OK, I still struggle to get what you want there. Let's say you sell Chambers, half of that money goes to finance salaries for Luiz and Mustafi. After a year, you lose Luiz and Mustafi on free, you've sold Chambers and you are left with 10m on the bank account. You then have a value of 10m on your account without players. How exactly did you increase the value of your squad by doing that?

The other option, get rid of the bums and keep Chambers, after a year you will still have a player that will have a long term value of 20+m without spending any additional money on Luiz/Mustafi.

What you're describing is the exact same thing that the board did. Reducing the overall value of the squad year after year and wonder after that how you ended up with 240m wage budget and with players that can't beat Brighton, with nothing to sell to get better players.

Selling two players who barely play to fund moves for players who can make the starting 11, thats the thought process here.

And if you think these two are on Luiz and Mustafis level, you don't know football.

GunnerShy

For those taking about selling Chambers. He's still recovering from an ACL. No club is buying him whilst he recovers from an ACL. Forget it.

Sokratis, Mavraponas, Holding - they're the most likely to go.

We need to be careful with Saliba. Nothing suggests we will get more than 20 league games out of him yet. Been injury interrupted.

It's probably a rotation of him with Mustafi, Mari, Chambers (once fit), Luiz. Not inspiring but I still believe the much bigger need is in Midfield!

Heavy Duty Rom

Outdated Tweets Merchant
For those taking about selling Chambers. He's still recovering from an ACL. No club is buying him whilst he recovers from an ACL. Forget it.

Sokratis, Mavraponas, Holding - they're the most likely to go.

We need to be careful with Saliba. Nothing suggests we will get more than 20 league games out of him yet. Been injury interrupted.

It's probably a rotation of him with Mustafi, Mari, Chambers (once fit), Luiz. Not inspiring but I still believe the much bigger need is in Midfield!

Exactly. This guy gets it.

Maybe

You're wrong, no?
Selling two players who barely play to fund moves for players who can make the starting 11, thats the thought process here.

And if you think these two are on Luiz and Mustafis level, you don't know football.
I don't think they are on their level, I think both are better, but that's not much of a task these days. If they didn't end up with long term injuries, Mustafi would still be out of the matchday squad like he was at the time, and Luiz would be out of the squad after his first 5 game changing mistakes.

Top Bottom