• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

David Luiz: 2019/20 Performances

• Thread starter A_G
  • Start date
  • Replies 1,396
  • Views 121,288
Status
Not open for further replies.

Heavy Duty Rom

Outdated Tweets Merchant
Luiz has been poor all season, let’s play the younger guys? What new you going to get out of Luiz?

This isn't true though is it? Luiz under Arteta, pre covid, was excellent. For the most part he was also decent under Emery. The problem is how we defend as a unit. The midfield is non existent. We need to prioritise sorting this.

Luiz still has a lot to offer, especially in a season where it'll most likely be 1 game a week and we'll hopefully be more settled.

Chambers and Holding just aren't good enough, sell while we can.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

I probably don’t know what I’m talking about but weren’t most people happy-ish with Luiz overall under arteta before Brighton? Obviously we’d all prefer an upgrade but I don’t think it’s the worst thing in the world. It’s only one year.
Yeah he had clown moments when exposed but I don’t think he’s the worst back up CB to have if (big big big if) we fix our defence.

This decision doesn’t look terrible if sell some CBs and sign somebody good to partner Saliba. I’m not sure people realise that our defence’s greatest weakness is our midfield.

It’s why teams like Crystal Palace and Sheffield United have better defences than us without having better defenders.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

Rob plays like he’s got steel boots on.
Worst part is I let myself believe that he was one of the better ones.

I know he’s rusty but some of the stuff I’ve seen, rust or not, is extremely worrying. :lol:

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
Before the return to football, before the contract fiasco and the City debacle, I basically assumed that Luiz would be our starting CB next season alongside Saliba. Tbh that's still the most likely scenario.

Jasard

Forum Issue Troubleshooter

What's your issue with it? We lose him, we'd have to spend big to replace him, in a season where we won't be in Europe, in a season where finances are hit due to Covid.

For me, it makes sense to keep him for another year and use funds elsewhere.

Because he is dreadful, that simple really. He literally costs us games, might as well have an academy kid cost us games for 1/10th of the fee.

krengon

One Arsène Wenger
Trusted ⭐
This good season narrative just doesn't hold up at all, the bar must be in hell if this is what counts as good. Even a one legged Koscielny was better than this.

Heavy Duty Rom

Outdated Tweets Merchant
This good season narrative just doesn't hold up at all, the bar must be in hell if this is what counts as good. Even a one legged Koscielny was better than this.

You guys aren't getting it. Our whole team has failed this season, not just Luiz, it's been soo unsettled. No starting 11, 3 managers, different formations. We need to be smart this summer, let me put it to you this way, which signing wins us more points next season?

A. Upamecano replacing Luiz

B. Partey replacing Ceballos/Guendouzi/Torreira/whoever else has played next to Xhaka.

If you think it's A, there is no helping you.

Last edited:

L3T5 PL4Y

Flair Accuser
I probably don’t know what I’m talking about but weren’t most people happy-ish with Luiz overall under arteta before Brighton? Obviously we’d all prefer an upgrade but I don’t think it’s the worst thing in the world. It’s only one year.
Luiz is not as much of a problem but him and Mari signing long term would mean we're not signing two new CBs or at least one that we badly need.

sdotzdot

Established Member
Arsenal clearly are *****. It doesn’t matter if he’s performed on occasion this season and knows how to shout and clap his hands. He has single handedly been an absolutely liability on many, many occasions this season costing us points. It would be embarassing stuff from a U18 let alone a man with the experience of this clown.

He’s dropped us down the table by himself, costing us money in the process and done it in the most shocking style. He’s made us a laughing stock and what does he get? A ****ing new contract, this clubs in the gutters.

Gunners1616

There must be some fr
You guys aren't getting it. Out whole team has failed this season, not just Luiz, it's been soo unsettled. No starting 11, 3 managers, different formations. We need to be smart this summer, let me put it to you this way, which signing wins us more points next season?

A. Upamecano replacing Luiz

B. Partey replacing Ceballos/Guendouzi/Torreira/whoever else has played next to Xhaka.

If you think it's A, there is no helping you.
It's obviously B but along with kicking out David Luiz because he is a liability. In every big match you expect him to make a mistake and he rarely fails to deliver it. Doesnt even need to be a big match. Even against Watford just look at his defending. He is directly implicated in a crazy number of goals conceded this season although people only talk about his penalties and red cards.

The guy is washed up. Too slow and too reckless. Even if you get Partey as DM Luiz can still punish you at any given time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom