• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Joe Willock: 2019/2020 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

His first two seasons he looked very promising, even if he was just a squad player then...10-11 he was just getting back from injury, can't really call that season good or bad...11-12 was probably his worst here...12-14 was probably his best period here...14-15 I would say good, found a nice role on the right wing that kind of suited him, shame he didn't want to stay there...15-16, I would say poor, bad season really for us...ditto for 16-17, FA cup final aside...17-18 he was very good and 18-19 although he started poorly he was our best midfielder that season by the end, and a huge miss for the run in.

Good seasons = 7 (5, if you don't want to count his first two seasons)
Bad seasons = 3

Think this is about right.
A season not being bad doesn’t make it good wtf?

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

All the coaches he’s had here seem determined to turn him into some sort of Dele Alli player, number 10/second striker. He looked much better in his earlier appearances deeper in midfield, he’s not good enough with his back to goal to play higher up IMO.

All the coaches he’s had here seem determined to turn him into some sort of Dele Alli player, number 10/second striker. He looked much better in his earlier appearances deeper in midfield, he’s not good enough with his back to goal to play higher up IMO.

I think it because of his nose for goals. He seems to sniff them out similar to what Ramsey could sometimes do.

His hustle deeper in midfield is also ability he showed at u23 level but is maybe yet to fully transform at the senior level. Why many on here want him deeper. Will be interesting to see what happens to him!

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

Maybe not, but contributing open play goals and assists season after season does.
He’s averaged like 4 goals 4 assists per season in the league since the breakout season man and we both know you could say he’s played an attacking role for most of that time.

If he did that while playing both sides of the game effectively (like he did in 13/14) then I’d respect those numbers.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
A season not being bad doesn’t make it good wtf?

I think Ramsey played well overall in the season's I listed as good, I don't just think they good because they weren't bad.

Not saying he was Vieira or anything, but Ramsey was very good for us.

lomekian

Essays are my thing
We still competed in some of these seasons though, I would argue that some of the on field leadership shown by the likes of Arteta and Mertersacker was equal to Adams and Viera

I love Arteta and Mertesacker, but arguing that would be just wrong. Adams remains the best Arsenal captain since Frank McClintock, and much longer lasting and successful and Vieira was just so awesome he inspired the whole team just having him there, and he had everyone's total respect.

Mertesacker was a great squad leader, but not a good enough player to be as galvanising, and Arteta was a great tactical leader, but not an inspirational one.

Geofranco

Would let Saka date his daughter

Player:Saka
12/13, 13/14, 14/15, 17/18, 18/19. Two cup final winning goals, more than any midfielder in the current squad will ever do for the club.

Ramsey was def not good in 12/13. He ended the season decently, but was poor for majority of it.

His form to end that season carried on into the 13/14 season, which was by far his best season here.

He was real good, but ended up getting a long-term injury that kept him out like 4 months of the season.

He was back to mediocrity in 14/15 and was horrendous for the 15/16 season, but the whole team was terrible in the second half of that season (especially Ramsey, Flamini, Walcott, Chamberlain and Alexis Sanchez).

He was once again inconsistent in the 16/17 season, but came back in much better form for the 17/18 season. His last season here was decent, he had some good performances.

He was always capable of scoring spectacular goals or being a game changer, but he was very inconsistent, injury prone and frustrating player to watch. He was in that class with Walcott and Giroud as enigmas.

You watch their highlights and you'd think they were world class players with some of their goals, but actually watching them every game, you'd see so many flaws.

Last edited:

Big Poppa

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba

His ability to break up attacks and diverse passing range is something we so desperately need further back too. Would love to see him more involved in build up play.

GoonerJay24

I love Arteta and Mertesacker, but arguing that would be just wrong. Adams remains the best Arsenal captain since Frank McClintock, and much longer lasting and successful and Vieira was just so awesome he inspired the whole team just having him there, and he had everyone's total respect.

Mertesacker was a great squad leader, but not a good enough player to be as galvanising, and Arteta was a great tactical leader, but not an inspirational one.

For me Arteta was one of the most inspirational leaders ever in premier League history when you consider Arsenals state when he arrived after Cesc and Nasri had departed.

Impact

Established Member

We will see the best of Willock when we move to a 4-3-3 and give him one of the interior roles.

Coolin

Doesn't appreciate the mighty Nacho
Ramsey was s**t . Always taking five touches when one would do. Yes he had a good engine, but he was poor defensively and easily by-passed in midfield. People say he had good movement, but he was equally just as bad in front of goal.

Joe Willock will go on to have a decent career further down the divisions. He’s okay on the ball, but far from a wonderkid.

Big Poppa

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Ramsey was s**t . Always taking five touches when one would do. Yes he had a good engine, but he was poor defensively and easily by-passed in midfield. People say he had good movement, but he was equally just as bad in front of goal.

Joe Willock will go on to have a decent career further down the divisions. He’s okay on the ball, but far from a wonderkid.

Lower divisions :lol:

We don’t need him to be a wonderkid. It’s a bit of a superfluous term anyway that comes from media hype.

He’s a 20 year old in his debut season that’s been dropped in randomly. He’s still rough around the edges but while yet to grow into his body is already physically ready for Premier League football.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Should really be given a run in CM alongside Xhaka if we play a 2, or in a 3 with Granit and Saka, gives us something we don't have otherwise (well, Joe or Niles).

Think Dani's goal will tempt Arteta to start him again sadly.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
Should really be given a run in CM alongside Xhaka if we play a 2, or in a 3 with Granit and Saka, gives us something we don't have otherwise (well, Joe or Niles).

Think Dani's goal will tempt Arteta to start him again sadly.
It's funny because I was slandering Ceballos right before he scored - he had really not had much impact up to that point. But I also think that goal earned him reprieve with Arteta so will be interesting to see the lineup on Wednesday.

Aevi

Hale End FC
Quietly putting in some very solid performances, his output doesn't lie. I love how he's got a bit of robustness and strength in his game.

It's interesting to see him doing well on the wing given many of us would like to see him deeper. It's especially notable that he got subbed on there in front of Nelson, seems Arteta is a fan of his.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
Quietly putting in some very solid performances, his output doesn't lie. I love how he's got a bit of robustness and strength in his game.

It's interesting to see him doing well on the wing given many of us would like to see him deeper. It's especially notable that he got subbed on there in front of Nelson, seems Arteta is a fan of his.
2 goal contributions in his last 3 matches. Could have scored aswell. Don't think people realise what a talent Willock is and the upside he has. He's a nuisance for other teams - competitive, strong, dribbles past players, is generally a more vertical player than our other midfielders. He just needs to bring his game together a little but once he does, he'll be a problem. People have slept on Willock a lot and now he's starting to positively impact matches.

He's more competitive than Nelson at the moment - Nelson is just lagging a bit behind the others, so he's gonna have to work extra hard to get his minutes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom