• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

General Reserves Talk

• Thread starter M+D
  • Start date
  • Replies 11,736
  • Views 1,150,047

Afro Mugo

Balogun might leave in the summer, Brentford bid £5m for him in January.
Balogun shares an agent with Saka, Nelson, Sancho, Clinton Mola, Josh Maja. Only Saka hasn't gone abroad so I won't be surprised if Balogun leaves . Unfortunately both Nketiah and TJJ are ahead of him and he is at an age where he needs first team football. He signed his pro last year so he might still have two years left. We can get a decent fee and add a clause if we wish.

Reactions: A_G

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Similar situation to Saka/Amaechi it seems like with TJJ/Balogun. Alarm bells were ringing when TJJ went on tour last summer and then signed a new deal. Balogun has only trained with the first team a few times.

Not sure what we can do, even if Aubameyang and Lacazette go he still has Nketiah, Martinelli and TJJ ahead of him, even if I rate him higher than Nketiah.

Afro Mugo

How tall is Daniel Ballard and what are his pros and cons? He might need to step up sooner than later.
Ballard is tall probably 6'2" . He's a very good passer of the ball and a good tackler as well plus he plays with a lot of grit and passion . He hasn't played for almost 9 months because of his knee injury then Covid situation came just as he was to return to u23 football. If he had played consistently I would have said its a good idea to throw him in but I wouldnt want his confidence shattered. Sheaf would have been a better idea if rules allowed. I still think Ballard needs a good loan spell or two and so does Medley . None is ready to be thrown into this pile of mess

Dutch D

Well-Known Member & FPL Champion 19/20
I'm not counting on Medley ever becoming a player for us. The few times I've seen him he's been incredibly suspect defensively. Looks decent on the ball, though.

Tom349

I'm not counting on Medley ever becoming a player for us. The few times I've seen him he's been incredibly suspect defensively. Looks decent on the ball, though.

Every highlights Arsenal player release tends to have a player running in behind him with him having zero awareness of whats going on.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐

Back in training according to Jeorge Bird. Very happy to hear - he's been out for almost a year but hope he can impress in training and be included. Would prefer him to be back-up than Macey tbh.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
With Guendouzi potentially leaving and a possible rebuild on the way, this represents an amazing opportunity for players like Miguel Azeez and Matt Smith - two creative midfielders who are similarly ball progressing midfielders like the aforementioned Guendouzi. It will be interesting to see how that pans out. I'll elaborate a little later but I have to do some work!

field442

Hates Journalists Named James
Trusted ⭐
Balogun :( I liked him more than nketiah and tjj in the youth sides. Contract ending or are we selling?

Contract ends in 2021 and we couldn’t agree a new one so we’re selling. Can sort of understand it on his part with Martinelli and Nketiah both ahead of him and a similar age. I hope we put in a buyback clause.

boonthegoon

Arteta In by November

Player:Smith-Rowe
Contract ends in 2021 and we couldn’t agree a new one so we’re selling. Can sort of understand it on his part with Martinelli and Nketiah both ahead of him and a similar age. I hope we put in a buyback clause.
Yes we should. Just hoping if we can somehow convince him to stay and send him out for a nice loan.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom