• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Emi Martinez: 2019/20 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aussie_gunner123

Established Member

I really feel that once Leno is back & fully fit Arteta will most likely bring Leno straight back as the #1 keeper, Leno can pull of some amazing saves but he still makes me a fair bit nervous with our set pieces or maybe thats just to do with our defence. If Leno does go straight back into the lineup as 1st choice, will that make Martinez leave us eventually to get a #1 spot himself?

Tbf at this stage I'm more leaning towards Emi persistently as our 1st choice now, Emi will catch a lot more of the high balls whereas Leno will just punch them away. Emi is now starting to get some confidence up & will probably start to pull off some great saves himself I'd say. His kicks are also great & nearly got us a good goal from Auba because of a good quick kick away.

krackpot

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Never say never. If he’s outstanding in his stint and gives us no reason to drop him for Leno, would you drop him for the sake of it?
Well said. I really like him.

But he is just so unknown. That is one of only reasons I prefer Leno at this point.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
Well said. I really like him.

But he is just so unknown. That is one of only reasons I prefer Leno at this point.
Yeah there’s still a long way to go with Emi. The ability is clearly there, it’s just the consistency at first team level that needs proving. He’s got some big dates coming up to show it though. All I hope at this stage is that he performs well enough to keep the pressure off before we play the semi final. I wouldn’t want to rush Leno back for that. There’s always a little back story with FA cup triumphs.. I’m hoping our reserve keeper is ours :trophy:

Last edited:

Tosker

Does Not Hate Foreigners
some other team is pretty sure to come sniffing around before long, but at least if he leaves us it'll now be for a decent amount of dosh

karl

It's a win win. If Leno goes straight back in, we should get a decent fee for Emi. Personally I love how he deals with crosses, which is the only area I worry about Leno.

Last edited:

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻
Commands his box and is good in the air. That's what Leno lacks. I dont know if that deficiency makes the defence nervous and causes the GK to be called in to action more often, but Martinez doesn't make me nervous. Regardless, he'll keep his place for the rest of the season and the games every four days are a good test for him.

OnlyOne

‘Donkeys don’t have a peak, they remain useless’
Trusted ⭐

Don't think Martinez has made one save where I'd fully expect the ball to hit the back of the net, most saves he's made I'd expect any decent keeper to make. He's been good back up, good in the air and some decent kicking, nothing more.

SA Gunner

Hates Tierney And Wants Him Sold Immediately

Player:Nketiah
Excellent again this evening.

Commands the box, is able to read the game and distribute the ball effectively and even acts as an attack option with his long balls.

We must keep this player at all costs. Need him and Leno competing for the number 1 spot next season. Right now I dont think Leno automatically returns anymore.

Aevi

Hale End FC
Which team do you guys reckon will buy him for 100m pounds this summer? I'm thinking PSG.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom