• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Allan Saint-Maximin

Status
Not open for further replies.

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
Are we not over the whole Auba playing central thing?

Auba at cf means he gets smashed around by CBS all game. Do we not count how OFTEN laca is on the floor. It also means he is back to goal. Look at how often he gets the chance to run in behind from outside to in on the left and look at how many goals he scores.

With both Saka and Tierney playing they occupy the left leaving Auba to move inside. I would keep him on the left but buy a centre forward who can occupy 2 defenders leaving more space for Auba. Someone who can also win all the aerial duels allowing Auba to run onto them. I would also buy a central midfielder who can cover the left side.

Think about a 30 year old Ronaldo in the late stages of his Madrid career. Still played on the left, but they built a team to accommodate his defensive work.

Or just keep what we have and buy like two really good midfielders. Laca could probably still do a decent enough impression of the Benzema role in the system you mention.

You'd probably only sell Laca if you got a really good offer you could use to reinvest, and if you could get another striker cheaply - Jovic on loan for example. Otherwise you're just selling Laca to fund a new striker and you've got nothing to improve the midfield with.

The_Playmaker

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Or just keep what we have and buy like two really good midfielders. Laca could probably still do a decent enough impression of the Benzema role in the system you mention.

You'd probably only sell Laca if you got a really good offer you could use to reinvest, and if you could get another striker cheaply - Jovic on loan for example. Otherwise you're just selling Laca to fund a new striker and you've got nothing to improve the midfield with.

Laca needs to go. Not good enough.

Sell Laca - funds a striker
Elneny, sokratis and our transfer kitty of 35 million funds Partey.

Guendouzi funds a CB.

Probably around 20 million left to buy an unknown midfielder I'd say.

Nenad

giphy.gif
This LED scrolling banner behind is better with a ball then ours CBs.

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
Laca needs to go. Not good enough.

Sell Laca - funds a striker
Elneny, sokratis and our transfer kitty of 35 million funds Partey.

Guendouzi funds a CB.

Probably around 20 million left to buy an unknown midfielder I'd say.

If we could do all that it'd be great, I worry our business will have to be a bit more constrained though. And I think if you're limited to what you can do in one summer you're better off just focusing on the midfield. With a properly good midfield I think you effect the biggest change.

I don't actually know how to get that midfield perfect though. I keep thinking we need to find the next KDB, Modric, Cesc, Bruno Fernandes type, the guy who makes everything tick, a real midfield baller, and there are candidates out there but none that smack you right in the face as being obvious. I guess Grealish is the most obvious one, but is he on the level of those mentioned above?

And then we're linked to Partey and it's like, well ok if he comes i'll get on board cos he's a good player and he'd improve the team, but when I watch Arsenal I don't think the team needs a player like Partey, I think they need a creator.

Bloodbather

Established Member

Am I the only one here who projects Saka as a LW going forward? Everyone seems to either want a new LW or continue to play Auba there. I think Saka can play LCM but I'm not sure if we want to make that his primary position.

AberGooner

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Gabriel
Am I the only one here who projects Saka as a LW going forward? Everyone seems to either want a new LW or continue to play Auba there. I think Saka can play LCM but I'm not sure if we want to make that his primary position.
I don't think we know yet what will prove to be Saka's best position. Watching him you'd say wing but he's so good dribbling from deep that that wider central midfield position might be the one. Such a talent.
Arteta has never played Auba through the middle so as long as he's here under Mikel he'll play LW I think.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Good player...but would prefer to focus on our centre midfield, this will probably cost way too much for us.

Wrighty4eva

Established Member
I will never understand how the tables have turned, seems every other club has the drop on us when it comes to signing top tier talents from France, also it seems whenever we are interested we get overpriced compared to other clubs, for instance Newcastle paid 16 mil for him, we probably would have paid double that.

2Smokeyy

5.0 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (49)
Trusted ⭐

Word. Willian on a free is a much better deal than wasting a load of money on this chump. He’s a lot better in every aspect of the game.

Huh...explain. Why don’t you rate this guy?

Willian is a decent player but he’s like 32 ffs and apparently he wants like 250k a week.

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻
ASM is a powerful dribbler and can hold his own physically. But, without checking, I think he's scored less than five goals this season and not that many assists. I havent seen him pass but he does well to latch on to them. I just feel we might as well stick with Nketiah and get either a creative midfielder or another more rounded forward. I think we're okay on the wings.

truth_hurts

but Holding’s hair transplant was painless
Silly rumour. ASM is an exciting player, but don't see output with him. Newcastle don't need to sell and we don't need a young winger.

Batman

Head of the Wayne foundation for benching Nketiah

Player:Saliba
In all seriousness, with Newcastle about to be awash in oil money, why would they entertain selling their most dangerous player? Surely it will take a few windows to create a credible project that actual top names want to join as it did with City. It doesn't make logical sense for them to want to sell him. They'd more likely be looking at adding players on his wavelength. If they follow the early City model of throwing crazy fees and wages at big name but not really big impact players I could see them going after someone like Coutinho to play off ASM.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom