• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

✍️ OFFICIAL Matteo Guendouzi (Out)

Keep or Sell?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

DanDare

Emoji Merchant and Believer-In-Chief
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Move him on and just admit you’re doing it because you need the cash. Trying to paint him out to be something else is just questionable.

I hope he joins a club of his wish though, and isn’t forced out by Arsenal because they have no cash and are scraping around.

But if all it was was we want to sell him he wouldn't be training on his own...

Move him on and just admit you’re doing it because you need the cash. Trying to paint him out to be something else is just questionable.

I hope he joins a club of his wish though, and isn’t forced out by Arsenal because they have no cash and are scraping around.

What are you talking about?

If we need cash why are we tanking his value by letting him train alone and paint him as a problem player?

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
Just read the Athletic article and it appears that he's being punished for multiple infractions - if someone is continually being disruptive and going against management, you can't continue to cape for them at every opportunity otherwise you're rewarding bad behaviour. I say this as someone who has been on both sides (on one hand as a teacher of sometimes misbehaving students, and on the other as an anarchist who regularly questions authority to a fault and opposes unjustified hierarchies). If Guendouzi was regularly dominating and winning matches for us on the basis of his performances (and to be fair to him, there are a few times where he has really shown up) then he'd perhaps have a bit more leverage. At this point, he's a very promising young player with a potentially self-destructive attitude problem surrounded by similarly very promising young players who don't have an attitude problem. Is he really THAT promising to ignore that? Up to you to decide. My feeling is this - he isn't bigger than the team, and he's not the only promising young midfielder on the come-up here. If you can't get him to wise up, let him go.

I'm ambivalent on Partey - I like him, he has great attributes but I'm not pinning any hopes of a midfield saviour on him! I'd entertain a swap but I'd rather cash for Guendouzi.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

2.jpg

****** :lol:

NieThePiet

Loves Overhyping Our Rivals
I really like him as a player, but i'm fully behind Arteta in this case. Just look, how many youngsters are getting the chances, because they are 100% committed to this new way.

Matteo is still a child. Probably he will learn this in some years, but we can't wait for this. Remebers me of Arnautovic at Werder. A very talented footballer, but he had such a childish behaviour during his time there. Later he had a wife, a child and took football serious.

My fear it, that his value will drop due to this. All clubs know, that he has no future here.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

He’s a weird one. Doesn’t appear to have any standout attribute or insane natural talent but you had to acknowledge his potential purely due to how he was playing at such a young age.

Great desire to win and mentality though so I wish him the best. He’s a bit weird looking as well.

HBL

Established Member
Don't want us to sell but if we do I'd sign Locatelli to replace him. Seriously good player.

Wonder if we're selling Torreira as well, don't really see where he'd fit in a 433. Sell both if we have to, sign Locatelli and an AM to replace them.

Last edited:

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

High time someone at our club made it clear what is expected. If we are to build a winning culture, you need discipline and respect. Someone need to enforce that. Seems Arteta is.
I’ll believe it when I see it tbh.

There’s a lot of focus on intangibles when a team isn’t winning. At the end of the day you just need a collection of good players.

There’s a lot of talk about attitude and what not on here but does anyone really know anything?

HBL

Established Member
I’ll believe it when I see it tbh.

There’s a lot of focus on intangibles when a team isn’t winning. At the end of the day you just need a collection of good players.

There’s a lot of talk about attitude and what not on here but does anyone really know anything?
I find it strange that if we're planning to sell him that these stories are reaching the press. It's only going to harm his value and deter potential suitors.

Garrincha

Wilf Zaha Aficionado
Trusted ⭐
I find it strange that if we're planning to sell him that these stories are reaching the press. It's only going to harm his value and deter potential suitors.
Everything seems to leak around the team.

Orny even got the exact breakdown at each stage of player numbers voting for / against covid paycut ffs. Thats pretty insane as a private zoom call.

Fallout

the reality is, he hasnt progressed much since his arrival at arsenal. i rated him very very highly in his first season, but at this point i'm totally okay with cashing out and bagging the profit.

Lady_Gooner

Posting While Meditating
Trusted ⭐

Obviously I don’t know what’s gone on but my gut feeling tells me this has been blown out of proportion because ultimately arteta doesn’t rate him.
It’s arteta over the players right now, but I love Guendouzi so this does feel a bit sad. Oh well

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom