• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Dani Ceballos

Status
Not open for further replies.

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
In all honestly our transfer dealings have been shocking for about 15 years.

We let other premier league teams bully us and we let our own players bully us.

Think of all the players we have bought from rivals and all the players we have sold to rivals.

It is actually incredible. This may not even be all but of top of my head.

Bought: Silvestre, Gallas, Miki, Cech, Luiz

Sold: Nasri, Cole, Sagna, Chamberlain, Adebayor, Clichy, Toure, RVP, Sanchez (turned out bad but was a lethal player for us and showed more than Miki ever did at United).

That's just of top of the head.

We strengthen our rivals while taking their hand me downs.

I honestly dont know how we sign players to improve this mess. Because the players that want to come to us are not of the quality that are going to our rivals. So how do we compete? How do we go from 9th 4th to 1st by signing mediocre players.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
We definitely not wasting any money on him. He just average midfielder hopefully he can kick on in la liga because he still talented

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Must be a clause in his contract, he shouldn’t be starting.

SingmeasongSong

Right Sometimes
As your description says "Rarely Right" :).

So a current dysfunctional midfield that includes Ceballos is an upgrade by keeping him?

But as you said, I'll speak for myself.

Not going to argue about my banter tag, but you are clearly missing the point - it's not our call to make as to whether Ceballos can help us in the future, but Arteta's, who's seeing him every day in training.

Ceballos has worked out in other teams before and we are sitting quite high in the table looking at performances since Arteta joined

Personally not a fan of his, but Arteta deserves to make his own calls because he's done brilliantly up till now.

sykesy69

Not going to argue about my banter tag, but you are clearly missing the point - it's not our call to make as to whether Ceballos can help us in the future, but Arteta's, who's seeing him every day in training.

Ceballos has worked out in other teams before and we are sitting quite high in the table looking at performances since Arteta joined

Personally not a fan of his, but Arteta deserves to make his own calls because he's done brilliantly up till now.
Not quite sure how I'm missing the point tbh. Yes Arteta needs to make his own decision, which is why I was questioning whether he wants the fanbase to turn on him. He's already made decisions that have the fanbase raising questions over David Luis, Pablo Mari and Cedric Soares. From the outside this looks like another bizarre call.

It's one thing doing all this stuff in training, but then on game day against opposition that really don't want you to do that stuff and not being able to produce.

I personally don't see what qualities he brings to the starting XI, past desire and attitude. I don't think he's fast enough, doesn't have the power to dribble through PL midfields, gets his body in the way without properly affecting tackles and distribution is often lacking.

I just think that our midfield needs a massive rebuild, unless he's staying as a squad member I feel we would be better served looking to replace him.

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me
Ceballos has had a stop start season. He's starting to show he has a value to us so lets see how next 5 games go. If he goes back to Madrid will he play?

yybecause

Formerly known as ArsenaLover
He will not play at Madrid.
Would like him to stay now that Matteo is on his way out, and we add someone like Partey...

Garrincha

Wilf Zaha Aficionado
Trusted ⭐
Not really sure why Arteta would say anything else publicly at the mo.

I doubt we will sign him in the end down to price. With three year on Madrid deal another loan could suit all parties.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom