• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Alexandre Lacazette: 2019/20 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.

Furious

Emery Gone, Telly Back On
You ok mate?

That’s three tags in this thread since I last bothered replying to you. Hate to borrow from your infantile terminology, but you seem a bit “rustled”?

182-1827781_troll-face-meme-angry-happy-mad-mask-fake.png

I'm just incredibly amused at how much you're embarrassing yourself, especially by deviating from the point that Giroud has had seasons similar to this impressive season of Laca, be in terms of overall g+a or minute wise.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

@Trilly nobody said he was crap, or at least I didn't, last season. Not sure why you say that.

Not surprised the p*ssy @say yes tries to lean on that angle either. :rofl:
Fair, it definitely seems like some people are. Here are some facts I believe can't be argued with. Please let me know if I'm wrong.

Lacazette only spent half a season as Arsenal's main striker so judging his output against Giroud who was always our main striker is unfair. You put two goalscorers together and you rarely expect them to maintain their output.

Lacazette's numbers have been good, as a secondary goalscorer in the team. As a team going for the top 4 I think you take your secondary goal scorer chipping in with approx 20 goals a season.

I think it's fair to say that Giroud played in a much better team than Lacazette and was our primary goalscorer. Lacazette hasn't been great but when he gets compared to Giroud our undisputed spearhead just makes my blood boil.

Lacazette's numbers aren't a problem considering his role in the team, the real issue with him is his overall play deserting him.

BigPoppaPump

Reeling from Laca & Kos nightmares
Fair, it definitely seems like some people are. Here are some facts I believe can't be argued with. Please let me know if I'm wrong.

Lacazette only spent half a season as Arsenal's main striker so judging his output against Giroud who was always our main striker is unfair. You put two goalscorers together and you rarely expect them to maintain their output.

Lacazette's numbers have been good, as a secondary goalscorer in the team. As a team going for the top 4 I think you take your secondary goal scorer chipping in with approx 20 goals a season.

I think it's fair to say that Giroud played in a much better team than Lacazette and was our primary goalscorer. Lacazette hasn't been great but when he gets compared to Giroud our undisputed spearhead just makes my blood boil.

Lacazette's numbers aren't a problem considering his role in the team, the real issue with him is his overall play deserting him.

Well you can't really say it's facts since 'secondary goalscorer' is a made up term, how come Giroud was a primary goal scorer even though he played with Walcott and Alexis?

Lacazette played number 9 every single game he's played but he's not our main striker?

Furious

These are very good points, but can easily be used for Giroud as well given Alexis outscored him a couple of times. Why weren't we content with Giroud's output then?

Trilly

Trusted ⭐

Well you can't really say it's facts since 'secondary goalscorer' is a made up term, how come Giroud was a primary goal scorer even though he played with Walcott and Alexis?

Lacazette played number 9 every single game he's played but he's not our main striker?
I think it's pretty obvious if you watched.

We had guys who chipped in with goals around Giroud (except for when Alexis moved central and had his godmode season).

With Lacazette its been clear that Auba was the guy, the golden boot winner in the team. I don't know how else to say it.

Trilly

Trusted ⭐

These are very good points, but can easily be used for Giroud as well given Alexis outscored him a couple of times. Why weren't we content with Giroud's output then?
Because Alexis was a lot more of an enabler than someone like Auba ever will be.

Furious

Because Alexis was a lot more of an enabler than someone like Auba ever will be.

Likewise Giroud presented a better foil for the team than Lacazette given his extraordinary physical traits - something Lacazette clearly lacks.

Macho

DJ Machodemiks
Dusted 🔻

:lol: the way Giroud would grimace and smile after missing a guilt edged chance, man I don’t miss him at all, you guys are wild for bigging him up tbh.

He’s clearly not bad but he went too long uncontested for what he was producing.

I like Laca and cry real tears about him in here often but even I can admit he’s clearly lost a step this season. Some of you guys have gone overboard in your criticisms though, swear someone come in here and compared him as worst signing along with Mus?

Lacazette is a sick player you man need to behave.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Would like to see Giroud’s stats through the calendar year of 2015, think that’s the only time we played to his strengths when he was a starter here....think he scored a ton then, before the team fell apart and Ollie went like half a season without scoring ffs :lol:

Has Giroud ruined his Legacy here after the move to the Chavs, especially post Europa League final last season?

Furious

Would like to see Giroud’s stats through the calendar year of 2015, think that’s the only time we played to his strengths when he was a starter here....think he scored a ton then, before the team fell apart and Ollie went like half a season without scoring ffs :lol:

Has Giroud ruined his Legacy here after the move to the Chavs, especially post Europa League final last season?

Didn't Lacazette do something similar in this super impressive season of his, where he didn't score in the last 8 league games? Culminating in him putting a stinker in the said EL final, where Giroud wrecked us to pieces.

Hard to say Lacazette is better with traumatic memories likes these.

Riou

Didn't Lacazette do something similar in this super impressive season of his, where he didn't score in the last 8 league games? Culminating in him putting a stinker in the said EL final, where Giroud wrecked us to pieces.

Hard to say Lacazette is better with traumatic memories likes these.

I think they are about the same level of player, obviously with different strengths and weaknesses...if you put them in the same level of team, I think they would probably perform about the same.

Would helps Giroud more is his style of play has him go from 1/10 game to a 9/10 game pretty much match by match...when he is bad, he is so ****ing bad...but when he is good, he brings more to the table than Laca imo.

Think that's why he was always there in this great France team of the last 2 tournaments...the players they have minimize his weaknesses, to the point were he doesn't even need to score a goal to still be important to them in their World Cup win.

Macho

DJ Machodemiks
Dusted 🔻

Cause he was so sh*t I couldn't care less that he went to Chelsea. If anything I was happy for him, he is a nice guy from what I can see. I was pleased with that transfer since we got money from him and he is such a non factor that going to our London rivals wasn't a big deal.

I've been totally numb to this sort of thing since Van Persie anyways.

So, no he didn't ruin his legacy here he was a good servant of the club and did his best whilst here.

If Lacazette was to leave this summer I would definitely look back at his stint here individually much more fondly than I did Giroud. Lacazette did well (in my opinion) but its been some of our worst teams these past couple seasons. Giroud was sh*te but had much better teams and cup wins and etc.

Last edited:

Riou

Cause he was so sh*t I couldn't care less that he went to Chelsea. If anything I was happy for him, he is a nice guy from what I can see. I was pleased with that transfer since we got money from him and he is such a non factor that going to our rivals wasn't a big deal.

So, no he didn't ruin his legacy here he was a good servant of the club and did his best whilst here.

He did smash us in the Europa last year, then he goaded us in the Chelski changing room after (guess that could be frustration on his part, as he did get a lot of **** from Arsenal fans while he played for us). Can imagine this upsetting a few fans.

He is our most successful striker since the Emirates move, played a big part in our trophy drought ending game by assisting Ramsey with a lovely backheel, and he developed into France's striker while playing for us (which culminated in him winning the World Cup).

Wish we didn't sell him to Chelsea if I am honest.

Macho

DJ Machodemiks
Dusted 🔻

He is our most successful striker since the Emirates move, played a big part in our trophy drought ending game by assisting Ramsey with a lovely backheel, and he developed into France's striker while playing for us (which culminated in him winning the World Cup).

Wish we didn't sell him to Chelsea if I am honest.
Nah I was glad he went, Chelsea are welcome to him. I am confident that Lampard doesn't rate him and his hand has been forced otherwise he wouldn't even be playing him now.
Tammy helped get Chelsea where they are in the table now and I am sure Lampard remembers Giroud vividly and thinks, nah you're cr*p.

Giroud success is just an outcome of circumstance, the French team was so good I am also convinced anybody could have played upfront for them, Mbappe and Griezmann still would have worked. Not saying Giroud didn't put in a shift but lets not pretend those trophies are cause of him.

I have no stats or figures to back this up just my opinion which could be right, wrong or a bit of both who really knows. Point is, I can confidently call Giroud sh*t with my chest. He's a fortunate guy imo.

BigPoppaPump

Reeling from Laca & Kos nightmares
Cause he was so sh*t I couldn't care less that he went to Chelsea. If anything I was happy for him, he is a nice guy from what I can see. I was pleased with that transfer since we got money from him and he is such a non factor that going to our London rivals wasn't a big deal.

I've been totally numb to this sort of thing since Van Persie anyways.

If Lacazette was to leave this summer I would definitely look back at his stint here individually much more fondly than I did Giroud. Lacazette did well (in my opinion) but its been one of our worst teams these past couple seasons. Giroud was sh*te but had much better teams and cup wins and etc.

This is what I don't get about Laca fan boys. Lacazette is supposed to be this amazing player and Giroud this terrible bum even though everything points to Giroud being better.

How do you look at Lacazette's time more fondly when we won trophies with Giroud and he has way better goal highlights. What about the memory of Lacazette going missing in the EL final while Giroud put the sword to us? The memories of Lacazette being subbed pretty much every game? His tantrums on the pitch when he plays poorly? There's no fond memories with Lacazette.

Funny thing is I didn't even like Giroud when he was here but I learnt to appreciate him once I saw what we spent 50 million on.

I think it's pretty obvious if you watched.

We had guys who chipped in with goals around Giroud (except for when Alexis moved central and had his godmode season).

With Lacazette its been clear that Auba was the guy, the golden boot winner in the team. I don't know how else to say it.

The only thing that's obvious is we should never have spent 50 Million on Lacazette in the first place, Auba and Giroud would've been way better tbh.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Where was this level of defence for Giroud when he was here?

One of Wenger’s greatest ever signings absolutely battered by AM. Horrible scenes.

Beksl

Sell All The Youngsters
I don't see the point in comparing Giroud and Laca when they were/are playing in a completely different teams, under different managers and systems with different roles.

The question should be if we're aspiring to be a top4 club challenging for trophies would you rather have Laca as your secondary goalscorer, a deputy striker when Auba goes down/is rested or would you give that role to Nketiah/Martinelli and expect them to perform when called upon?

Macho

DJ Machodemiks
Dusted 🔻

This is what I don't get about Laca fan boys. Lacazette is supposed to be this amazing player and Giroud this terrible bum even though everything points to Giroud being better.

How do you look at Lacazette's time more fondly when we won trophies with Giroud and he has way better goal highlights. What about the memory of Lacazette going missing in the EL final while Giroud put the sword to us? The memories of Lacazette being subbed pretty much every game? His tantrums on the pitch when he plays poorly? There's no fond memories with Lacazette.
The team as a whole has much better memories, lets not get that twisted. I just think - and this is my opinion ofcourse, individually Lacazette has had a better run than Giroud.

Giroud was in a better team and went uncontested for years. Until Sanchez emerged he was pretty much free to go on barren runs with no real consequences for him.

Lacazette's time however is different and I am of the firm belief if Lacazette was in those earlier teams with Cazorla, Prime Özil, Sanchez, etc etc he might have done better.

The only thing that's obvious is we should never have spent 50 Million on Lacazette in the first place, Auba and Giroud would've been way better tbh.
Admittedly, there may be truth to this I will give you that. Auba with Giroud as an option or strike partner would have been way superior than what we have now.

Last edited:

lomekian

Essays are my thing
Had we known we were getting Auba in January, I can't imagine the club would have bought Laca, as Auba & Giroud makes more sense, but it is what it is.

Laca is better goalscorer in a team that creates far fewer chances, but Giroud was an excellent target man who helped us build play and was very good in the air.

Both are back up level for Arsenal (sort of a budget Alan Smith and a budget Ian Wright), so given the fees, Giroud was the better signing.

Its likely Giroud will have had a bigger impact on the club, but equally him being our main main wasted the truly fantastic midfield we had at the time, in terms of creativity.

Neither will be hated and neither will be massively missed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

I am immensely proud to say that I am the manager who has won the most FA Cups, and MY Arsenal are the club to lift it the most.

Arsène Wenger

Daily Transfer Updates

Saturday, June 1

Arsenal are pushing to sign Benjamin Šeško, but no final decision has been made yet [Sky Germany]

RB Leipzig want to give Šeško a new contract to remove his release clause, with Arsenal/Chelsea/Manchester United all interested [Sky Germany]

AC Milan have made signing defender Jakub Kiwior their priority this summer [Santi Aouna - FootMercato]

Arsenal enquire about £17m-rated Barcelona defender Mikayil Faye [MailSport]

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom