• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Dani Ceballos

Status
Not open for further replies.

Goonger

Not quite sure how I'm missing the point tbh. Yes Arteta needs to make his own decision, which is why I was questioning whether he wants the fanbase to turn on him. He's already made decisions that have the fanbase raising questions over David Luis, Pablo Mari and Cedric Soares. From the outside this looks like another bizarre call.

It's one thing doing all this stuff in training, but then on game day against opposition that really don't want you to do that stuff and not being able to produce.

I personally don't see what qualities he brings to the starting XI, past desire and attitude. I don't think he's fast enough, doesn't have the power to dribble through PL midfields, gets his body in the way without properly affecting tackles and distribution is often lacking.

I just think that our midfield needs a massive rebuild, unless he's staying as a squad member I feel we would be better served looking to replace him.

I don't think the contract decisions were bizarre. The timing of the announcements, especially the Luiz 1 after his disasterclass against Man City wasnt ideal, but they all make sense to me. Its just that the sheep in our support were led by opposition fans and media into thinking it was stupidity because of the Luiz show, and the fact Soares and Mari had no real game time as yet.

Malky

Established Member
Not really sure why Arteta would say anything else publicly at the mo.

I doubt we will sign him in the end down to price. With three year on Madrid deal another loan could suit all parties.
Exactly, its not like the seasons finished just yet, we've still got games and we still need him. What's he supposed to say?
Personally, unless it's a loan, I can't see him being here next season.

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

As I've said a couple of times recently he has the ability and has now proven he has the work ethic. I think he will improve further with a settled role, having settled into the country the team and culture and playing for a team that looks like it knows what is expected.

For the right price I'd happily have him here. I think he offers much more offensively than he is given credit for and again will improve further given time.

shootxhakashoot

Özil lives rent-free in my head
If we can get for anywhere between 10 and 20 mill we should sign him up as hes shown he has something and can play for us and will only get better. We'd have to pay another loan fee to get him back so wouldnt go that route again as we would essentially be developing reals player and pushing up his price . Either way i dont think this has been a bad loan and he can leave with his head held high if he goes as he has put in the effort on the pitch and contributed positively to our season. If he has 3 years left on his deal real might consider cutting their losses to help their wage bill as they need to get players off their books as much as anyone else...

sykesy69

Not quite sure how I'm missing the point tbh. Yes Arteta needs to make his own decision, which is why I was questioning whether he wants the fanbase to turn on him. He's already made decisions that have the fanbase raising questions over David Luis, Pablo Mari and Cedric Soares. From the outside this looks like another bizarre call.

It's one thing doing all this stuff in training, but then on game day against opposition that really don't want you to do that stuff and not being able to produce.

I personally don't see what qualities he brings to the starting XI, past desire and attitude. I don't think he's fast enough, doesn't have the power to dribble through PL midfields, gets his body in the way without properly affecting tackles and distribution is often lacking.

I just think that our midfield needs a massive rebuild, unless he's staying as a squad member I feel we would be better served looking to replace him.
After all that he turns in his best 45mins of the season... :trophy:

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
This is his real value still only loan acceptable at the moment he still hasn't showed he'll take us to better level despite the big improvement with Mikel

DanDare

Emoji Merchant and Believer-In-Chief
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
In a different situation I don't think that's an unreasonable valuation. Don't think we should pay that for him though

Think we should sign someone different, if we do get him it should be on loan again

Marjorie

Thread Monopolizer
Bit of haggling we could get that fee down to around the £20m mark everyone on here would be happy with.

Gooner416

Master of Stonks
Trusted ⭐

Bring it down to 18m and get him in. Good deal. This was a player valued at 40m after the U21's.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom