• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Alexandre Lacazette: 2019/20 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.

say yes

forum master baiter
People love bringing up that Giroud played with better players. But no one considers the fact Giroud played against better opposition in the Champions league, whereas Lacazette has played against farmers year after year in the Europe league that inflate his goalscoring stats .

At the end of the day Giroud was a better player for this club, as well as a better player in general.
Wonderful own goal this.

In fact, Lacazette has barely been played against farmers in the EL as we rotate heavily: 8/10 goals came in the knockouts.

In 2017/18 all his EL goals came in the knockouts against teams who were originally in the Champions League: CSKA Moscow and Atletico Madrid.

In 2018/19 all but one of his EL goals came in the knockouts against teams who were originally in the Champions League: Napoli and Valencia.

In 2019/20 all but one of his EL goals came in the knockouts against a team who were originally in the Champions League: Olympiacos.

Maybe check your facts next time?

lomekian

Essays are my thing
What is this thread ffs?!?!? What does it matter if Giroud was better than Lacazette? We got the best years out of Giroud and moved him out the right time. He was great for us but then in his last year at Arsenal he didn't score a lot of goals and hasn't scored a lot of goals since. He has scored total of 13 PL goals in his last four seasons. Laca has scored 35 in the last three. And yeah, we probably over-paid for Laca. That happens. In the same summer window ManU paid £75m for Lukaku, Chelsea paid £60m for Morata and Kylian Mbappe cost £160m. The striker market was what it was back then.

Just think...if Wenger was willing to do a Raul and bung Mbappe's agent £5m he would be an Arsenal player for next to nothing in transfer fees and initially on a cheap as chips contract....sigh

Furious

Emery Gone, Telly Back On
Lacazette joined when the team was a mess in 17/18 and then played for a manager most on here think is the antithesis of attacking football.

Missed this gem. :lol: You and a few others defending Laca thought he did well though, but let's not go there, we have seen enough tears from @say yes.

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Fair, it definitely seems like some people are. Here are some facts I believe can't be argued with. Please let me know if I'm wrong.

Lacazette only spent half a season as Arsenal's main striker so judging his output against Giroud who was always our main striker is unfair. You put two goalscorers together and you rarely expect them to maintain their output.

Lacazette's numbers have been good, as a secondary goalscorer in the team. As a team going for the top 4 I think you take your secondary goal scorer chipping in with approx 20 goals a season.

I think it's fair to say that Giroud played in a much better team than Lacazette and was our primary goalscorer. Lacazette hasn't been great but when he gets compared to Giroud our undisputed spearhead just makes my blood boil.

Lacazette's numbers aren't a problem considering his role in the team, the real issue with him is his overall play deserting him.
Lacazette's role in the team is/was main central striker. His role with Auba is no different to Giroud with Sanchez in the team. Calling Laca a secondary striker but Giroud a main striker . . . . .

Giroud played in a less expensive team than the current one, whether it was better or not is surely down to opinion also. The current team have had 3 different managers to contend with and different opposition. So many varaiables bro.

Anyway, facts? That's quite a statement. :lol:

Marjorie

Thread Monopolizer
I wish we had signed Auba the summer we got Laca. Giroud sticks around as a plan b getting plenty of game time and doesn't come back to haunt us in the Europa League final.

say yes

forum master baiter
I find it ironic you go to such lengths to defend Lacazettes numbers when you would criticise Giroud for anything.

No doubt Lacazette had a good season last year, but I think it’s telling that he still couldn’t outscore Giroud. He should be in the peak of his career, but he is still not good enough for a top team in the PL
I see you’ve avoided answering all four of my questions, a situation that is all the more ironic given that @BigPoppaPump claimed that I was going to ignore you. You’re letting the team down here, which is quite something given the quality of its other members.

Even so, I’m glad we agree that there’s “no doubt” Lacazette was good last year (see - that’s how you use quotation marks).

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
Missed this gem. :lol: You and a few others defending Laca thought he did well though, but let's not go there, we have seen enough tears from @say yes.
What do you say to that though? If you agree that Emery's style is not conducive to attacking football, how do you expect him to perform to your expectations for him? I thought he did well enough, not enough goals but it was an improvement from his first season. I don't think that's a contradictory stance.

Furious

What do you say to that though? If you agree that Emery's style is not conducive to attacking football, how do you expect him to perform to your expectations for him? I thought he did well enough, not enough goals but it was an improvement from his first season. I don't think that's a contradictory stance.

Depends what you call attacking football - his style was overall trash, and detrimental to the shape of the team, especially defensively - but if I recall correctly the likes of Auba and Laca had plenty of big chances to score from, that's what the stats showed at the time, anyway.

Reactions: A_G

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
Also, Giroud still put similar numbers in his 1st season to this "impressive" season of Laca's without the likes of Alexis and Özil in one of our most depressing teams of those times.
The difference was that 12/13 was one of Wenger's most impressive coaching jobs, getting a similar number of goals to the previous season after selling RVP and rallying to finish 4th. Personnel wise it wasn't great but there was a clear system there, whereas in Laca's first season he'd be up front in a 3421 with Iwobi/Welbeck or some combo behind him one week and then the next it would be a 4231 with a different set of AM's. There was little cohesion in that team.

say yes

forum master baiter
Still tagging me with contentless posts I see :lol:

Wish I’d known that colour-coding posts would trigger you this badly. Didn’t you have a breakdown the last time we did this dance too?

Furious

The difference was that 12/13 was one of Wenger's most impressive coaching jobs, getting a similar number of goals to the previous season after selling RVP and rallying to finish 4th. Personnel wise it wasn't great but there was a clear system there, whereas in Laca's first season he'd be up front in a 3421 with Iwobi/Welbeck or some combo behind him one week and then the next it would be a 4231 with a different set of AM's. There was little cohesion in that team.

That is possible, I won't deny it, whether it is enough to tilt the argument towards Laca's favour I'm not sure though.

Reactions: A_G

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
What is this thread ffs?!?!? What does it matter if Giroud was better than Lacazette? We got the best years out of Giroud and moved him out the right time. He was great for us but then in his last year at Arsenal he didn't score a lot of goals and hasn't scored a lot of goals since. He has scored total of 13 PL goals in his last four seasons. Laca has scored 35 in the last three. And yeah, we probably over-paid for Laca. That happens. In the same summer window ManU paid £75m for Lukaku, Chelsea paid £60m for Morata and Kylian Mbappe cost £160m. The striker market was what it was back then.
It matters because people who were finding a million creative ways to mock Giroud mercilessly but have been bigging up Lacazette are being called out.

Losing all credibility, they're falling back on lame arguments and false confidence. Their mates are trying to help them out a bit with pretend facts. But we all know what's really happening. :lol:

Furious

Still tagging me with contentless posts I see :lol:

Wish I’d known that colour-coding posts would trigger you this badly. Didn’t you have a breakdown the last time we did this dance too?

You've avoided anything related to you crapping on Giroud but at the same time rating Lacazette's "impressive" season, and instead reverting to clownish stuff, which just makes you look a bigger idiot, and thus it all the more fun to tag you. :drool:

say yes

forum master baiter
What i dont understand in all this is why people have been calling him fat. He is slimmed as hell.
They must think it’s witty and reflects well on them.

Who are we to judge? Wouldn’t dare question the great comedy mind that brought us these classic one-liners:
Sleep tight dreaming about his bum given how much you love to mention it.
When you stop being a *****.. well you will always be, sadly.

:rofl:

Furious

They must think it’s witty and reflects well on them.

Who are we to judge? Wouldn’t dare question the great comedy mind that brought us these classic one-liners:

:rofl:

Seems like that one you brought up was absolutely spot on. :lol:

Mraven

I see you’ve avoided answering all four of my questions, a situation that is all the more ironic given that @BigPoppaPump claimed that I was going to ignore you. You’re letting the team down here, which is quite something given the quality of its other members.

Even so, I’m glad we agree that there’s “no doubt” Lacazette was good last year (see - that’s how you use quotation marks).

:lol: You still have completely avoided the point I was making. Go back and read my initial post again

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

It works. I am just waiting until everyone has copied it, then I shall come up with something new.

Herbert Chapman on the famous WM formation

Latest posts

Top Bottom