• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Malang Sarr

Garrincha

Wilf Zaha Aficionado
Trusted ⭐
Cant believe his next club isnt already sorted. Had since January if moving outside of Ligue 1.

FinnGooner

Established Member
We should be all over this. Free, can play left CB, and left back. Probably one of the best passers out of all the young French centre halves. Probably go to Leipzig though.

Don't know enough about the player myself to have an opinion but the fact that Leipzig is keen on him backs up you assessment. Their recruitment has been spot on. Unfortunately, I doubt we are able to make a move for him early enough since we must clear out some CBs before bringing in new ones. Under the unpredictable financial environment, due to COVID, I suspect players don't want to be in a contractless situation for a long so we will probably miss the boat.

Tom349

Got no idea if this guy can defend or not but he is the right profile for the type of CB we would be looking for if playing with three at the back. Would be a significant upgrade on the ball than the dumb **** Kolasanic.

Bloodbather

Established Member

No surprise that we're linked with him. No brainer. Promising 20 year old left-footed ball playing CB available on a free.

He probably goes to Leipzig to replace Upamecano. I'd be fine with that if it us that Upamecano goes to.

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
Upamecano to Arsenal and Sarr to Leipzig makes more sense than Sarr to Arsenal. He's probably not the finished article yet and could learn in the safety of the Bundesliga. People forget that the bundesliga is proper sh*t and that's why young players can develop there. He ain't ready for the Barclays.

Gooner416

Master of Stonks
Trusted ⭐

Decent left footed option but we’ve already committed to Mari. Would be pointless to add more depth options, club needs ready made talent on the back line. This would only make sense if we truly see a massive clear out this summer of defenders.

Gooner416

Master of Stonks
Trusted ⭐

Interesting as replacement of Kolasinac? Kolasinac is on high wages (£100k) and could fetch a decent fee I imagine (€10-15m), while being an absolutely terrible footballer.

Malang can play LB and would be better in a 3 at the back I imagine.
He’s better as a LCB in a back 3. I personally wouldn’t be a fan of flogging Kolasinac for an unproven CB who can play LB. We all know of Tierney’s fitness issues and I’d shiver at playing someone like that at LB in a Champions League run in for months (god forbid).

Furious

Emery Gone, Telly Back On

giphy.gif

Top Bottom