• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Dani Ceballos: 2019/20 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aussie_gunner123

Established Member

Probably is safer playing him further back then Xhaka I guess. He's a tad creative so he could play as a deep lying playmaker at times too.

The_Playmaker

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
I know you like Saka as a left 8, and I know he can play there, but why can't he play at LW? Like what's wrong with that. That's his preferred position after all. Maybe he can move a bit further back later on in his career, but the kid is 18, just let him run and dribble at people. That seems like the simpler and more natural thing to do.

If he plays left 8, he will be more involved and can go lw, ahead of the centre forward, he can even go on the right. I also like how it pushes Tierney forward. I just like what Saka gives us there and we can play Auba left and buy a proper Cf.

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
If he plays left 8, he will be more involved and can go lw, ahead of the centre forward, he can even go on the right. I also like how it pushes Tierney forward. I just like what Saka gives us there and we can play Auba left and buy a proper Cf.

I get that, I get how it works and everything. I'm just making the case for a bit of tactical simplicity. Auba at CF, Saka at LW, Pepe at RW, and three actual midfielders behind, instead of hoping Saka can be this midfielder/winger/creative hub hybrid, which he might be, but he's still 18 for Christ sake.

Like get Ceballos back in on loan and buy Fabian Ruiz. Bish bash bosh, you've got your no. 8's in a 4-3-3, and you play either Xhaka or Torreira as a no. 6. It's simple, all the parts fit neatly.

The_Playmaker

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
I get that, I get how it works and everything. I'm just making the case for a bit of tactical simplicity. Auba at CF, Saka at LW, Pepe at RW, and three actual midfielders behind, instead of hoping Saka can be this midfielder/winger/creative hub hybrid, which he might be, but he's still 18 for Christ sake.

Like get Ceballos back in on loan and buy Fabian Ruiz. Bish bash bosh, you've got your no. 8's in a 4-3-3, and you play either Xhaka or Torreira as a no. 6. It's simple, all the parts fit neatly.

Auba at cf doesn't make sense to me. He just doesn't have the ball retention and it gets him into aerial duels, back to goal hold up play that you just dont want him involved in. Off the left, he ghosts in, he makes runs. His defensive work is closing down and tracking back. That's all he does. He isn't the focal point.

Give him a cf who can dominate in the air and link play, it adds so much to our game. Imagine Saka, Tierney, Soares and Pepe crossing to that cf with Auba lurking in the box. If you watch our games closely. Auba is constantly making really good runs and not being found. He needs the ball early, we dont have the players to do that.

dashsnow17

Trusted ⭐
Auba at cf doesn't make sense to me. He just doesn't have the ball retention and it gets him into aerial duels, back to goal hold up play that you just dont want him involved in. Off the left, he ghosts in, he makes runs. His defensive work is closing down and tracking back. That's all he does. He isn't the focal point.

Give him a cf who can dominate in the air and link play, it adds so much to our game. Imagine Saka, Tierney, Soares and Pepe crossing to that cf with Auba lurking in the box. If you watch our games closely. Auba is constantly making really good runs and not being found. He needs the ball early, we dont have the players to do that.

But what if we built a midfield which could make those passes to him?

I get what you're saying about aerial duals and hold-up play and everything, but is that the only interpretation of the CF role? I mean Auba played 5 seasons at Dortmund and scored like 140 goals, and wasn't he playing at CF for most of that time?

I really don't know the first thing about tactics, but it just seems to me that Tierney and Saka are players you want on the left flank, so put them on the left flank. Auba is your striker, so put him at striker. Why are we overcomplicating this.

If Saka is LCM in a 4-3-3 he's still gonna veer mostly to the left, so he's not really a central midfielder, and you lose the ability to control games with possession.

Fabian Ruiz - Xhaka - Ceballos
Pepe ---- Auba ----- Saka

Partey - Xhaka - Saka
Pepe --- CF --- Auba

Personally I prefer the first option.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

I hope we can loan him again with maybe an obligation to buy if he hits a certain amount of games or something?

Talent has been clear from the get go, with PL imports you gauge their ceiling from their first season and hope they can become more consistent in future ones. Only issue is that someone like Partey still isn't enough legs to cover him and Xhaka.

dashsnow17

Trusted ⭐
I hope we can loan him again with maybe an obligation to buy if he hits a certain amount of games or something?

Talent has been clear from the get go, with PL imports you gauge their ceiling from their first season and hope they can become more consistent in future ones. Only issue is that someone like Partey still isn't enough legs to cover him and Xhaka.

Who has enough legs? Partey has a lot of legs tbf to him, probably the only player with more legs is Kante, no?

The_Playmaker

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
But what if we built a midfield which could make those passes to him?

I get what you're saying about aerial duals and hold-up play and everything, but is that the only interpretation of the CF role? I mean Auba played 5 seasons at Dortmund and scored like 140 goals, and wasn't he playing at CF for most of that time?

I really don't know the first thing about tactics, but it just seems to me that Tierney and Saka are players you want on the left flank, so put them on the left flank. Auba is your striker, so put him at striker. Why are we overcomplicating this.

If Saka is LCM in a 4-3-3 he's still gonna veer mostly to the left, so he's not really a central midfielder, and you lose the ability to control games with possession.

Fabian Ruiz - Xhaka - Ceballos
Pepe ---- Auba ----- Saka

Partey - Xhaka - Saka
Pepe --- CF --- Auba

Personally I prefer the first option.

So I just listened to the latest arsenal vision podcast and @clivepafc, who is very insightful, came up with the theory that coaching is moving in a direction where teams are not interested in playing through the centre of the pitch as they are fearful of transition (notice how we build up down the sides).

So we know Arteta likes the 5 up and 5 back irrespective of the formation he plays, the key is the midfield two. Therefore the traits of the midfielders need to be able to get the ball to the front 5, via passing or running.

Is it a coincidence we are linked to Koopmeiners and Roca? Two players who are better on the ball than Xhaka and more adventurous in their passing. Partey is someone who can run out of pressure. Ceballos is somewhere between, but also lacks altheticsim.

So maybe Arteta's ideal midfield will be a double pivot instead of a 3 man midfield with the right back inverted allowing the left back to push forward.

It's anyone's guess at this point, but getting the ball to the attackers is one problem and then having the right balance of forwards is another.

dashsnow17

Trusted ⭐
So I just listened to the latest arsenal vision podcast and @clivepafc, who is very insightful, came up with the theory that coaching is moving in a direction where teams are not interested in playing through the centre of the pitch as they are fearful of transition (notice how we build up down the sides).

So we know Arteta likes the 5 up and 5 back irrespective of the formation he plays, the key is the midfield two. Therefore the traits of the midfielders need to be able to get the ball to the front 5, via passing or running.

Is it a coincidence we are linked to Koopmeiners and Roca? Two players who are better on the ball than Xhaka and more adventurous in their passing. Partey is someone who can run out of pressure. Ceballos is somewhere between, but also lacks altheticsim.

So maybe Arteta's ideal midfield will be a double pivot instead of a 3 man midfield with the right back inverted allowing the left back to push forward.

It's anyone's guess at this point, but getting the ball to the attackers is one problem and then having the right balance of forwards is another.

Yeah maybe you're right, i'm just a simple fellow. I want two centre-backs, two overlapping fullbacks, a midfielder to sit and spray the ball about, four ballers in front of him and a striker up top. For me that's Arsenal.

Fwiw Partey seems more like a long-term target that Arteta has probably given his approval to, as opposed to a target Arteta would have chosen himself.

Trilly

Trusted ⭐

Who has enough legs? Partey has a lot of legs tbf to him, probably the only player with more legs is Kante, no?
Nobody does, you're right.

I think we'd get away with it in most games but Ceballos and Xhaka are so one paced that our midfield will always average out to being quite slow.

dashsnow17

Trusted ⭐
Nobody does, you're right.

I think we'd get away with it in most games but Ceballos and Xhaka are so one paced that our midfield will always average out to being quite slow.

If Ceballos could play every game like he did against Leicester I'd happily have him in a midfield with Partey. It might not beat City's midfield but it's probably enough to dominate all the teams below us.

Trilly

Trusted ⭐

If Ceballos could play every game like he did against Leicester I'd happily have him in a midfield with Partey. It might not beat City's midfield but it's probably enough to dominate all the teams below us.
Agree. I don't even think he was particularly amazing against Leicester relative to the ceiling he has displayed.

He has a lot more in his locker and I could see that Leicester performance being the kind of game he could have quite regularly.

pigge

#Pigge #Equality

Player:Martinelli
New league, new country, need time to adjust, 3 different managers, injuries, he’s been thrown into the deep end really.

Getting into his groove now the waters are calmer and he’s found his feet in the team with Arteta.

Next season he should be doing bits from the get go.

He hasnt shown enough really. For me. If you loan a player that plays worse than xhaka, why would you wanna buy him? You wouldn't buy xhaka.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom