• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mesut Özil: 2019/20 Performances

Why Isn't Özil Playing?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

GDeep™

League is very weak
They call this pampering
Nah, it’s called man management. Roy Keane recently said that Alex Ferguson would let Eric Cantona get away with stuff and treat him different to others, and none of the players minded.

Football is littered with these stories. Some players need individual treatment, others don’t, there is no right or wrong.

Özil went off a cliff once Emery came.

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
Surely if he had a problem like mental health or drug issues he would have the decency to say look. I'm not in a good place. While you are supporting me and covering up for my problem I will take a cut in salary to help you.

Imagine money never being an issue to you, you not able to work (no fault of your employer) but still picking up full whack.

I just want the club to pay him off and draw a line under Özil. Hasnt delivered and in my opinion has been nothing but a failure. One half decent season doesnt cut it. A few FA cup wins isnt enough and who is to say we wouldnt have won them without him.

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
Nah, it’s called man management. Roy Keane recently said that Alex Ferguson would let Eric Cantona get away with stuff and treat him different to others, and none of the players minded.

Football is littered with these stories. Some players need individual treatment, others don’t, there is no right or wrong.

You only have to watch the Michael Jordan documentary to realise sometimes you need to give player downtime (Rodman). However now it's not that easy.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Rodman was an elite competitor though. He wasn’t lazy, just a bit of a psycho who needed to let off some steam now and again.

Imagine dating Carmen Electra back then, while playing with Michael Jordan and winning 3 titles in a row...what a life :drool:

I would also have loved to have appeared on WCW as part of the NWO in the late 90s too.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Most good managers will say you can’t have the same approach for everyone.

Some players you stick an arm round, others you give a bollocking. That’s where the likes of Keane go wrong as a manager, can’t just yell at everyone.

There’s lines you have to draw though, Özil seeming to get ruled out of any away game north of the Watford gap is a bit suspect.

Notorious Big

Drunka In Friend Zone
Imagine dating Carmen Electra back then, while playing with Michael Jordan and winning 3 titles in a row...what a life :drool:

I would also have loved to have appeared on WCW as part of the NWO in the late 90s too.

O'Neil wanted Carmen Electra,but it's just wasn't meant to be...

b30de39a6ff18a90644b37a47c9f4c7d--shaquille-oneal-girlfriends.jpg

Oxeki

Match Day Thread Merchant
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba

Why do you keep pushing this narrative?

The Özil under Emery is the same Özil under We saw in Wenger's last season. The only difference is that Emery demanded more from him. He was used to ring Molly-coddled by wenger. He couldn't handle the fact that Emery set the same bar for everyone. Özil couldn't meet up, and was benched.

Özil was poor before Emery came. Wenger used to rest him on tough away games. It's why Emery didn't play him in most of our games to top six teams.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

Dennis Rodman with the chicago bulls as well.

Not sure how you can call it pampering when it lead to his best performances which ultimately made the team better. That's literally what a manager is there to do.

Tosker

Does Not Hate Foreigners
His performances really started declining after he signed that new contract. I remember before he signed the deal, he was immense. Take from that what you will...
which coincided with the falling off of Alexis - was he perhaps the difference?

Penn_

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
It amazes how there are new posts in here everyday. :lol:

When did he last play? Isn’t it basically just dead weight to us now?

Dj_sds -

Cantona earned that treatment. Apart from his first season, nothing Özil showed on the pitch warranted any type of special treatment imo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom