• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Arsenal Finances

ChefMan21

Without seeing the full details, or description of what their intentions are, looks to me like this is just transferring debt from one location to another, but now with either a few more or few less restrictions and requirements. We still owe the debt as a club, but it's a different owner of the debt.

TheEconomist

Established Member
Without seeing the full details, or description of what their intentions are, looks to me like this is just transferring debt from one location to another, but now with either a few more or few less restrictions and requirements. We still owe the debt as a club, but it's a different owner of the debt.
Yep exactly. We just owe KSE the money rather than whichever banks/bond holders we previously borrowed from. The financing from kse is probably cheaper , but we don't know if that's for Arsenal's benefit or for KSEs benefit . Probably the latter

FinnGooner

Established Member
Yep exactly. We just owe KSE the money rather than whichever banks/bond holders we previously borrowed from. The financing from kse is probably cheaper , but we don't know if that's for Arsenal's benefit or for KSEs benefit . Probably the latter

How could it not be for Arsenal’s benefit? In what scenario paying high interest rates is better than paying low interest rates? KSE might and probably will benefit as well, at least indirectly, but for sure Arsenal will.

field442

Hates Journalists Named James
Trusted ⭐
How could it not be for Arsenal’s benefit? In what scenario paying high intrest rates is better than paying low intrest rates? KSE might and probably will benefit as well, at least indirectly, but for sure Arsenal will.

He doesn’t necessarily have to charge interest either. Or we might only have to pay the interest but not have to pay off any of the loan. There’s a number of different ways this could play out. The flexibility is what’s key. Kroenke could decide to freeze any interest or debt repayments until the clubs financial situation is a lot better, like if we’re back in the Champions League for example. We didn’t have that freedom before this.

Last edited:

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
People just love to throw knives at the owners whenever they can because they haven't given us 500m in one summer.

Lads we've spent a stupid amount of money on crap.

Couldve built a very good team.

Couldnt agree more. For what we have spent we could have assembled a good team. Maybe not a title winning team. But a top 4 team for sure. And maybe another cup or Europa league title along the way.

African Flair

I'm sure we'll be paying a good sum in interest to the Kroenkes instead. If they covered the clubs debt by a another loan I don't really think it's beneficial for us. They surely aren't up to losing money for the sake of stability for the club.

TheEconomist

Established Member
How could it not be for Arsenal’s benefit? In what scenario paying high interest rates is better than paying low interest rates? KSE might and probably will benefit as well, at least indirectly, but for sure Arsenal will.
Fair point, I was thinking along the lines that whatever is saved through the refinancing is frozen to the club by kse so it accumulates as cash and increases the value of the club rather than being of any real benefit to the club. Maybe cynical but I haven't seen any reason not to be cynical as far as kse are concerned

Flying Okapis

Most Well-Known Member
People just love to throw knives at the owners whenever they can because they haven't given us 500m in one summer.

Lads we've spent a stupid amount of money on crap.

Couldve built a very good team.

Its always the case, by the sounds of things this recent news is pretty positive but you still got people moaning or acting like we've just been screwed and it wont be long until claims are made that any non negative post on the subject/forum are paid for by Stan himself..

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me
What I take from this is;

• We still have our debt but at a lower interest rate.
  • The restructuring of the debt frees up ring fenced money for us to spend elsewhere or means we don't need to sell players to buy new ones.
Both of these are positives so I've no complaints. If KSE are now getting interest from us so be it, its less interest then the banks would have been getting!

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

I'm sure we'll be paying a good sum in interest to the Kroenkes instead. If they covered the clubs debt by a another loan I don't really think it's beneficial for us. They surely aren't up to losing money for the sake of stability for the club.
The club is their investment.

Enough blaming Stan Kroenke. He's not Sheikh Mansour but he's not Mike Ashley either. As others have said we've spent competitively just poorly.

Jasard

Forum Issue Troubleshooter

Enough blaming Stan Kroenke. He's not Sheikh Mansour but he's not Mike Ashley either. As others have said we've spent competitively just poorly.

It's his staff making poor decision after poor decision.

DanDare

Emoji Merchant and Believer-In-Chief
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Think it's hard to know what this means u til we get some kind of finances release.

Did KSE take a loan out to finance this? If so you presume it was a good time to do so as interest rates are rock bottom. The interest they are paying if it was a loan they probably will pass on to Arsenal but might not, never know.

Struggling to think of a downside. This idea of them doing something nefarious with Arsenal seems conspiracy theory like. They re buying these for long term investment

Tom349

The biggest issue with Stan has always been his lack of care for the club, happy to let Wenger take a large share of the blame for what has happened to the club since he took over when he should have been taking an interest to how we were operating i.e. no clear structure off the pitch.

It seem Josh actually has an interest in the club and wants to be involved in decision making processes as shown by him being around the club on last preseason tour and getting Arteta to replace Emery.

Dj_sds -

This makes absolutely no sense. They own the club, every decision they make will be to increase the value of the club as efficiently as possible. A stable club is a more valuable club.

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Let’s just hope they don’t take the Glazer route and start charging ridiculous interest.

Otherwise this is good news, rather owe them ~£160m (although I thought it was ~£20m a year until 2031) than the banks.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom