• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Hector Bellerin: 2019/20 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
He was due to have a decent game at some point. No reason to believe he's suddenly become a footballer though, or a competent defender. He'll be poor over the stretch.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
Could not agree more. Look at CR7. Self-made billionaire, but says football is his life, and it's clear for all to see.

Bellerin is just using football to fund his real passions.
It’s actually ****ing infuriating. I can’t imagine any manager wants to hear that from a player. I mean, he can ‘retire’ when he’s 35 if he wants and he’s still got the rest of his life to do as he wants ffs. Someone needs to tell him life has a habit of laughing at your plans. It all goes out the window when he meets a women and has a kid. Perspective changes completely. He’s talking like he plans on being paid to be a crappy part-time RB singleton and then start a real career when he’s 35 :lol:

Fallout

this isn't the first time hector's come out publicly with b.s.

he's regressed technically and physically from his breakout campaign. maybe he's a better defender positionally.

overall, he's wasted potential. lucky to be a homegrown player.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
@35:41 in his podcast... This... this is why he never kicked on and needs to go all-in on his football or gtfo.

Amazing how back in the day Ljungberg was our "pretty boy model", who loved his fashion...yet he was as dedicated to football as someone like Keown, who couldn't have been more different as a person...Arsène said when we lost, Freddie would sulk during training in the week until we could put it right in the next match...not enough players like that at the club anymore.

Top Quality

How many hours a day are football players on the training ground? 3? 4?What are they supposed to do in the remaining hours of the day? Hide away in their mansions playing FIFA with the curtains closed?

I don't even think it's good for them to think about football ALL THE TIME, and I'm really happy for Hector - trying to use his power and influence to fight for things he believes in. I hope it brings him happiness and a sense of purpose - what could be more important to perform at your best.

Having said that, I think his performances have been extremely underwhelming lately, and I'm seriously starting to worry that he won't live up to the expectations we all had for him. But I think it's ridiculous to suggest his low level political activism, a passing interest in fashion, a few extra interviews - has much to do with any of that.

(Not necessarily directed at the previous posts, there's just so much bullshit every time Hector is mentioned on social media. I'm just happy we have one player with even a hint of a personality at the club. Not a lot of them in football.)

Monstar-Gunn4r

Established Member
How many hours a day are football players on the training ground? 3? 4?What are they supposed to do in the remaining hours of the day? Hide away in their mansions playing FIFA with the curtains closed?

I don't even think it's good for them to think about football ALL THE TIME, and I'm really happy for Hector - trying to use his power and influence to fight for things he believes in. I hope it brings him happiness and a sense of purpose - what could be more important to perform at your best.

Having said that, I think his performances have been extremely underwhelming lately, and I'm seriously starting to worry that he won't live up to the expectations we all had for him. But I think it's ridiculous to suggest his low level political activism, a passing interest in fashion, a few extra interviews - has much to do with any of that.

(Not necessarily directed at the previous posts, there's just so much bullshit every time Hector is mentioned on social media. I'm just happy we have one player with even a hint of a personality at the club. Not a lot of them in football.)

Its funny that by the sounds of it Arteta is spending nearly all day every day on football. I think the best players are more than a bit obsessed and I wonder are some of them suffering from some form of Aspergers.

Bagels

Trusted ⭐

It’s actually ****ing infuriating. I can’t imagine any manager wants to hear that from a player.

Don't think coaches generally care at all what the players get up to in their personal lives outside of football, as long as they're keeping healthy/not causing a ruckus... Don't know why Arteta would be upset to hear that after training Bellerin has an interest in fashion... He actually says explicitly later on he has other interests that he won't dive into fully because it would take away from his 100% in football (e.g. starting his own clothing brand).

It's a weird one for me when people get upset when players are outspoken in their outside interests, they train but a handful of hours a day and the rest is downtime for them. Seems more healthy to diversify and pursue hobbies that you have the freedom to rather than vegetate doing nothing - which strikes me as the more unhelpful alternative in all honesty.

BigPoppaPump

Reeling from Laca & Kos nightmares
Give him one more season but I don't think people are realising how much trouble he puts his teammates in in his eagerness to get rid of the ball.

Surprised that people were happy with his performance.

He loses the ball practically every time he gets it and does like 1 or 2 good crosses a game and people in here saying he's excellent :lol:

lomekian

Essays are my thing
I wonder how many of the people who suggest that Hector's drop off in form is due to to external interests rather than a career threatening injury would have been fine with players back in the 80s using their spare time to bang out 15 pints of lager twice a week..

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

Tbf Bellerin didn’t say anything wrong there. I think with the scrutiny and pressure of being a pro player it’s good to have other things to be into as long as you fulfil your obligations.
He’s only human and he has spent ages on the sidelines - I don’t see the prob here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom