• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Kieran Tierney: 2019/20 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

In all fairness to him, I also read that at Celtic you are taught to train as you would play so it’s only natural he would do that and Celtic fans are very proud of this recent revelation.

Also to note, according to ESPN Arteta highly approves of his aggressive approach in training.

GDeep™

League is very weak
In this country they were eating fried mars bars and drinking beers before games, Wenger had to come and civilise and develop English football from the ground up.

It’s like when the moors came into Europe and taught the locals how to clean themselves.

Manberg

Predator
In this country they were eating fried mars bars and drinking beers before games, Wenger had to come and civilise and develop English football from the ground up.

It’s like when the moors came into Europe and taught the locals how to clean themselves.

That’s not actually true. Europeans have been bathing since before Ancient Greek times.

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

Indeed, admittedly he’s a breath of fresh air and he’s doing his thing. He’s clearly got LB sewn up and Ive loved what I’ve seen from him so far, but yeah it’s a bit overboard.
We’ve had humble, try hard, consistent players before.
when was the last time we had players like that?

Just my opinion but it's been a long term problem of ours having players willing to put the hard yards in and enjoy the ugly side of the game. That's why Tierney is a breath of fresh air. It's also why Ceballos is refreshing all be it he brings the Spanish side of the hard yards and ugly side rather than the "british" side.

It's that ugly side that weve missed terribly.

Macho

Dusted 🔻

Nacho Monreal?

Francis Coquelin? Who wasn’t amazing but he was defo combative, gave maximum effort and just wanted to play - he was actually p*ssed off we recalled him from Charlton as he didn’t expect as much game time as he got in the end.

This is just off the top of my head, quiet players who just want to keep their head down and play their socks off and shop at Tescos is nothing new to Arsenal tbh.

It’s really our biggest signings that kinda rub people the wrong way usually (Özil, Lacazette, Pepe).

GDeep™

League is very weak
Nacho Monreal?

Francis Coquelin? Who wasn’t amazing but he was defo combative, gave maximum effort and just wanted to play - he was actually p*ssed off we recalled him from Charlton as he didn’t expect as much game time as he got in the end.

This is just off the top of my head, quiet players who just want to keep their head down and play their socks off and shop at Tescos is nothing new to Arsenal tbh.

It’s really our biggest signings that kinda rub people the wrong way usually (Özil, Lacazette, Pepe).
Sagna ffs. Warrior.

bingobob

Trusted ⭐

Nacho Monreal?

I dont think any of them enjoy the ugly side of the game in a British sense. 2hich was what I latterly said. Ox, Wilshere, Ramsey, Gibbs, Walcott, Jenkinson.

Nacho Monreal and Koscielny I'll happily admit as two continental style players who mixed it up. I still think Koscielny was mentally weak.

Manberg

Predator
This “players complaining about Tierney training” story is everywhere now, with no quotes. Anyone can become a well paid journalist these days.

bingobob

Trusted ⭐

Koscielny signed in 2010, Monreal in 2013 Sagna in 2007. So basically weve signed 3 players that people view comparably in 13 years. And somehow Tierney is blown out of proportion.

Weve been crying out for traditional talented British players since Campbell and Cole left.

It's a welcome change to hear pundits say weve signed something weve lacked when most fans agree weve lacked this type of character that can do it on a wet Tuesday night in Stoke.

Tescos bags aside (and I'm fairly certain if people rewind that tape Rob Holding comes in with a plastic bag) he is that character that would realish Stoke on a Tuesday.

OnlyOne

‘Donkeys don’t have a peak, they remain useless’
Trusted ⭐

What are people complaining about? That one of our players is being praised in the media? Bizarre. :lol:

Macho

Dusted 🔻

I dont think any of them enjoy the ugly side of the game in a British sense. 2hich was what I latterly said. Ox, Wilshere, Ramsey, Gibbs, Walcott, Jenkinson.
Not sure what this even means or why those guys are even mentioned but ok.

You asked for examples of warriors and I gave them with other posters adding more/better examples. A team is made up of various types and some of the players you mentioned are attacking players that aren’t usually associated with steeliness.

Nacho Monreal and Koscielny I'll happily admit as two continental style players who mixed it up. I still think Koscielny was mentally weak.
Not sure how you would call Koscielny mentally weak, he came as an unknown in a lower division French team to quickly captaining this club and served us well for a number of years. It’s only because of his exit he isn’t celebrated/remembered in a better light.

Tierney has been here 5 mins, missed the season essentially and has played great in a couple games in empty stadiums. I like him but I need to see a bit more myself.

Last edited:

squallman

Still Pining for Wenger

Just my opinion but it's been a long term problem of ours having players willing to put the hard yards in and enjoy the ugly side of the game. That's why Tierney is a breath of fresh air. It's also why Ceballos is refreshing all be it he brings the Spanish side of the hard yards and ugly side rather than the "british" side.

It's that ugly side that weve missed terribly.

It's been over 15 years. The Monreal, Koscielny shouts in here are making me laugh. We haven't had a streets smart team in years. It wasn't a thing in the second half of Wenger's reign.

Our ugly wins consisted of us putting ten men behind the ball and defending resolutely.

Shirt pulling? Kicking the opposition when the ref isn't looking? Elbows? Time wasting? We're starting to do the very last one under Arteta. Sanchez and Torreira did/do a bit of the above, after all they're from Chile and Uruguay.

But I dare anyone to find actual footage of our boys doing any of the above in a game from the first whistle to last. Our definition of time wasting was simply taking the ball to the corner flag and losing it. I remember a game we were winning at home against Chelsea by a slim margin and our boys were rushing to get the ball back in play like we were chasing an equalizer. Keeping the temperature in the game hot instead of killing it off.

Bloodbather

Established Member

It's been over 15 years. The Monreal, Koscielny shouts in here are making me laugh. We haven't had a streets smart team in years. It wasn't a thing in the second half of Wenger's reign.

Our ugly wins consisted of us putting ten men behind the ball and defending resolutely.

Shirt pulling? Kicking the opposition when the ref isn't looking? Elbows? Time wasting? We're starting to do the very last one under Arteta. Sanchez and Torreira did/do a bit of the above, after all they're from Chile and Uruguay.

But I dare anyone to find actual footage of our boys doing any of the above in a game from the first whistle to last. Our definition of time wasting was simply taking the ball to the corner flag and losing it. I remember a game we were winning at home against Chelsea by a slim margin and our boys were rushing to get the ball back in play like we were chasing an equalizer. Keeping the temperature in the game hot instead of killing it off.

I love how your idea of "street smarts" is behaving like pricks. It's streets alright, but nothing near smarts.

You don't need such shenanigans to be a tough, resilient team that intimidates opponents. None of those shenanigans mean anything in and of themselves - if anything they lose you points when you get caught, make refs more prejudiced against you and obviously you lose respect points from a sportsmanship standpoint as well, if you care about that. What made us a tougher team back then was our physical presence, effort level and mental resilience, not the ****housing. That was a by-product of tense situations.

I don't want no Andoni Goikoetxeas being proud of breaking the opponent's leg, no Vinnie Joneses wreaking havoc for the sake of wreaking havoc, no Diego Costas or Sergio Ramoses being absolute ****s on the field. We don't need that, we need toughness and effort. Tierney, for one, seems to bring that to the table.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom