• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mesut Özil: 2019/20 Performances

Why Isn't Özil Playing?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

OnlyOne

‘Donkeys don’t have a peak, they remain useless’
Trusted ⭐

He’s not interested, lack of effort, bad example to all the other lads.

Plus I heard he refuses to wear football boots these days, wants to train in his slippers, weird eh.

I heard he was putting his toe nail trimmings into the water bottles.

Toby

No longer a Stuttgart Fan
Shake that table bro! Shake it!

Nah. Had to actually turn on seeing ignored members to see most of them. I'd like to keep not seeing them and am reminded of why every time I click that button.

Sort of enjoyed doing it when I was fresh to the forum, but now I just can't be arsed and it seems like a fulltime job if you did it for every new member spouting their nonsense.

Toby

pot on. Today all teams are coached and set up so effectively and the general physical level of players improved so much, that technical skills have a much lower significance. Players don't have the time, space to do unexpected things regularly, and it's easier to score goals from simple cutbacks than long range shots, individual skills or even counter attacks.

There's a lot of people in the business who have said they think otherwise. That more organization and more fitness leads to a need for more creativity and unpredictability to e.g. brake down well organized, fit, deep sitting teams.

Top teams are an example you need both. If you look at the best teams they but a tactical skeleton upon their team which gets players into situations in which they then can profit from their indiviual skillset. If there's no tactics you have a **** team to begin with, if you have no skills but tactics you are organized but probably won't ever win anything either.

Toby

I remember somebody saying that they shifted Özil onto the left side because they couldn’t play Kroos there but needed Özil in the side. He was extremely highly rated at the time.

Yep, that's kind of the situation. Kroos is one of the slowest player ever, Özil can do a job on the wings at least. The wing options for Germany back then were ****e, too, with Reus injured. And with the possession game Kroos at 10 and another inverted playmaker at left wing made sense. Özil was very highly rated back then. If Reus was fit in 2014, Kroos would've been the one benched, not Özil.

progman07

Established Member
There's a lot of people in the business who have said they think otherwise. That more organization and more fitness leads to a need for more creativity and unpredictability to e.g. brake down well organized, fit, deep sitting teams.

Top teams are an example you need both. If you look at the best teams they but a tactical skeleton upon their team which gets players into situations in which they then can profit from their indiviual skillset. If there's no tactics you have a **** team to begin with, if you have no skills but tactics you are organized but probably won't ever win anything either.
I kind of meant that you don't see the skillset of Henry, Bergkamp, Okocha or Kanu anymore, at least not in the PL. Less and less inidiviual skills are made, less and less chipped goals, long shots, etc are made.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom