• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Alexandre Lacazette: 2019/20 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

I’m so tempted to start the Laca/Giroud debate again after this comment but I’m actually gonna show self control for once.
tenor.gif

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
Giroud always did seem to go against our style of play, I think Wenger even realised that using Welbeck, Walcott and Alexis there before signing Laca and Auba but a lot of the time Giroud just proved himself to be more dependable for whatever reason, Welbeck was never prolific, Walcott similar where as a CF he could look unreal for a few games but then would go off the boil, also injuries didn't help and Alexis apparently just didn't want to play there so even if we went with these options Giroud would always end up back at CF. It's a funny one tho, Giroud was never brought in with the intention of him being our first choice striker it just kinda ended up that way and he ended up always back as first choice even after periods being out of favour. Think it also went in his favour that Welbeck and Walcott had various injuries. In a perfect world he would've been our plan B.
Giroud had the advantage of being made of Adamantium X and never ever being injured, while Welbeck and Walcott's careers are littered with injuries. That's a good chunk of the reason why he was so dependable. That, and he was a decent target man all things considering.

No, I was not a fan, but he had his positives.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
I’m so tempted to start the Laca/Giroud debate again after this comment but I’m actually gonna show self control for once.
I thought Lacazette would be a bigger upgrade to be honest. He's about the same level I'd say - and that's coming from someone that really didn't **** with Giroud at all. I think Laca is better at making the ball stick despite being smaller, but Giroud rather incredibly had better movement in the box. Laca is hardly ever in good positions to shoot, and his pure striking is one of his biggest strengths but he doesn't maximize it well enough at all. I've given Laca the benefit of the doubt a lot just because of how content I was with Giroud being gone but this season in particular he's really tanked.

BigPoppaPump

Reeling from Laca & Kos nightmares
I thought Lacazette would be a bigger upgrade to be honest. He's about the same level I'd say - and that's coming from someone that really didn't **** with Giroud at all. I think Laca is better at making the ball stick despite being smaller, but Giroud rather incredibly had better movement in the box. Laca is hardly ever in good positions to shoot, and his pure striking is one of his biggest strengths but he doesn't maximize it well enough at all. I've given Laca the benefit of the doubt a lot just because of how content I was with Giroud being gone but this season in particular he's really tanked.

I always say he plays his best football in the box letting off shots but he ain’t got the pace or stamina to run into the box from deep too many times a game. He has no athleticism or stamina really, it’s what holds him back.

I always say he plays his best football in the box letting off shots but he ain’t got the pace or stamina to run into the box from deep too many times a game. He has no athleticism or stamina really, it’s what holds him back.

That is what bothers me most about "he is elite link-up player". You watch him do some alright link-up play between the penalty area and halfway line. But when a low cross comes into the 6-yard box Laca is nowhere to be found close to it. He is somewhere just entering the penalty box and barely can breathe.

Its very rare you see Laca managing to attack the near post like Giroud and Persie did on a constant basis.

Ashybashy86

He scored some pretty acrobatic goals considering. Flukey as they looked - Scorpion and overhead kicks.

sdotzdot

Established Member
Giroud would have been unbelievable in this current team, nailed on starting cf. auba and Pepe (finally?) cutting in, Tierney and Saka pinging in balls :drool:

instead we somehow got two bigger bums. At least one has age on his side

2Smokeyy

5.0 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (49)
Trusted ⭐

That miss against Sp**s last season was unforgivable ffs.

That’s what we get for playing Auba out wide for this bum.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom