• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Hector Bellerin: 2019/20 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Quality

Its funny that by the sounds of it Arteta is spending nearly all day every day on football. I think the best players are more than a bit obsessed and I wonder are some of them suffering from some form of Aspergers.
Heh, that might be true...! You get the sense some of these guys haven't cared about anything else since they were like 5 years old. I think about that when some footballers are asked about their favourite artist/film/etc - and the struggle really seems just to be able to come up with a believable answer.

Anyway, I have the feeling the main hobby for a lot of footballers is their family... Which is fine! But I think even someone like Arteta (assuming he's generally a 24/7 football guy), spends several hours a day not reading tactical analysis - but hanging out with his kids, gardening, cooking, ...I don't know. At least I hope he does!

Last edited:

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

MartiSaka

Join my "Occupy A-M" movement here 🗳
How many hours a day are football players on the training ground? 3? 4?What are they supposed to do in the remaining hours of the day? Hide away in their mansions playing FIFA with the curtains closed?

I don't even think it's good for them to think about football ALL THE TIME, and I'm really happy for Hector - trying to use his power and influence to fight for things he believes in. I hope it brings him happiness and a sense of purpose - what could be more important to perform at your best.

Having said that, I think his performances have been extremely underwhelming lately, and I'm seriously starting to worry that he won't live up to the expectations we all had for him. But I think it's ridiculous to suggest his low level political activism, a passing interest in fashion, a few extra interviews - has much to do with any of that.

(Not necessarily directed at the previous posts, there's just so much bullshit every time Hector is mentioned on social media. I'm just happy we have one player with even a hint of a personality at the club. Not a lot of them in football.)

Infact I would say I would prefer a player to use their time outside of training effectively rather than playing games and watching television for many hours each day.
You don't want him sitting around in his own head all afternoon/night worrying about the next game.
You often notice highly effective people are good at a number of disciplines (i.e. academics, business and/or athletics) and the skills they learn and habits they form can transfer across areas. I can't recall Bellerin has ever been dropped or called out as a poor trainer by a manager like a number of others, and he undertakes additional activities like Yoga that offer some supplemental benefit to his core training.

MartiSaka

Join my "Occupy A-M" movement here 🗳
I wonder how many of the people who suggest that Hector's drop off in form is due to to external interests rather than a career threatening injury would have been fine with players back in the 80s using their spare time to bang out 15 pints of lager twice a week..

They called it team bonding right, getting to know your team mates.

GunnerShy

Solid again today. Guess that's why nobody posted. Should have had an assist. Twice in the last two games Laca and Auba should have done better with the ball.

Maybe

You're wrong, no?
Probably the worst player we have and it's shocking that he is still a starter. Think the time when "RB is not our priority atm" is coming to an and. RB is definitely a priority this summer and this guy needs to leave. You know it's bad when we start asking questions like when will some nobody like Soares start instead of him

GunnerShy

Probably the worst player we have and it's shocking that he is still a starter. Think the time when "RB is not our priority atm" is coming to an and. RB is definitely a priority this summer and this guy needs to leave. You know it's bad when we start asking questions like when will some nobody like Soares start instead of him
Gazidis that you??

Maybe

You're wrong, no?
Kolasinac or Mustafi probably hacked your account :lol:
The two of them are idiots for sure, but Bellerin is an absolute poverty every time he touches the ball. I was a huge fan when Bellerin started with us and he wasn't that popular among the fans back then, but it looks like I was tricked by his pace

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom