• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

PL: Tottenham Hotspur v Arsenal | Sunday July 12 | KO: 16:30 BST | Sky Sports

• Thread starter A_G
  • Start date
  • Replies 2,087
  • Views 110,526

Match Prediction

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Shalmaneser V

Get off Pepes back ffs. The midfield contribute no goals. They don't create anything. Anything he does he does by himself ffs.

I would have dragged him off after 20 minutes. His attitude is sickening at times.

Got more involved towards the end of the half but still wasted a few counterattacks by taking the wrong option.

Has to improve.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

Definitely not an agenda, both of our wingers have been bad
I think we just accept now that Auba will score at least one out of his three chances without necessarily playing well.

As for Pepe, horrible first 25 mins but hopefully growing into the game now.

Laca seems to be having one of his rare days where his touch is good , we should find him more.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Xhaka was very smart in our look how he blocked aurier to tackle laca before laca was ready to take a shot

TriniGunner

We're definitely gifting them more goals here thanks to those wheezing gasbags Luiz and Kolasinac. My nan can run faster than them :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:

It was hardly Luiz's fault to be fair. Kola was the culprit for that goal 1000%. He has 3 other options to play the ball.

1. Out wide to Tierney.
2. A cross the field high pass to the right back (the other side was vacant)
3. A left side pass to Luiz because the defender was on his right.

This is U18 type stuff man. Pro players should not be taught this!

kraphtous

Raul Stanllehi
Replacing Luiz has absolutely no effect at all, but yeah Tierney at LCB and Saka at wingback would be a good move. Although Arteta usually waits quite late to make changes.
Luiz is a potential red card in this game and Mou knows it. My guess is that Arteta will not take him off but that could prove costly.

Gunners1616

That other angle of Kola’s mistake is brutal, such a terrible footballer
He had all the time of the world to pass it forward to Tierney or anywhere else but he chose the only bad option.

He just doesn't have football intelligence and he can't pass. It was obvious in all the previous matchs when he kept giving away the ball cheaply.

Sokratis or Holding can't be worse but Arteta is obsessed with having a left-footer there at all cost.

Hooplehead

Redknapp is right, as a KT fanbhoy a I've been frustrated by how often he's ignored when he's in space, not just in this game, I've noticed it in pretty much every game.

Sniper Mik

Not a Closet Sp**s Fan
It was hardly Luiz's fault to be fair. Kola was the culprit for that goal 1000%. He has 3 other options to play the ball.

1. Out wide to Tierney.
2. A cross the field high pass to the right back (the other side was vacant)
3. A left side pass to Luiz because the defender was on his right.

This is U18 type stuff man. Pro players should not be taught this!
A quicker CB than Luiz would have still got to the ball despite the errant pass. Luiz looked like he had cement in his boots

Aussie_gunner123

Established Member

Pepe has been one of our better players who can seem to create something of nothing, knowing how negative/defensive Arteta has been I bet you he'll take Pepe off for an extra defender. We've probably got to keep Pepe on & put Saka on the other side.

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
It's interesting how since Ceballos became good, Xhaka has become not so good. We need Ceballos, but like another Ceballos. If we had two guys playing like Ceballos in midfield we'd be pretty good.

KrissKringle

Reinventing VAR 😡
We were **** in the first half, now the question is if we're doing our regular parking the bus routine in the second or are we gonna show up?
Unless Spuds score a second, I don't see us going all out. Almost all of our players look like they don't give a ****.

TriniGunner

A quicker CB than Luiz would have still got to the ball despite the errant pass. Luiz looked like he had cement in his boots

True but as a team you know the strengths and weaknesses of your teammates, it's why we train. I won't play a running pass to a defender who I know is slow. I'd chose another option of just play it long.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

We played with a bit of a handbrake

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom