• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mikel Arteta: Top Of The Klopps

NieThePiet

Loves Overhyping Our Rivals
If some really think, it is a manager/coach thing, you probably will never learn.

Excited for summer and hopefully a new start.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

He's doing the same things Emery did. Maybe that says more about our players but still cowardly tactics, didn't making attacking subs while on top, slow to make changes and we get punished. Attack still seems toothless and there's a real lack of something there whole our defenders still cost us while it matters.

In any case it's so clear that he's basically learning on the job.

sdotzdot

Established Member
I'm a fan but it's got to be said, his subs need a lot of work. He doesn't recognize danger before it's too late, ours subs are more reactive than proactive.

Not sure about his decision of starting Kolasinac either, this wasn't the first time it's cost us.
To me it seems like he has gone down the wenger route of predetermined subs and times and he sticks to that plan.

Emery was a shock to the system as he was the complete opposite and was too reactive. But Arteta has been extremely passive, we need a balance and I’m not seeing that from him.

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
A-M CL Draft Campeón 🏆
That performance in the 2nd half until the drinks break was encouraging. I think Arteta knows what he's doing, he just needs some non-moronic centre-backs and a couple of better technical players further up the pitch.

Really annoying result but even Klopp had frustrating days like this in his first season. Bigger picture I'm optimistic.

boonthegoon

Arteta In by November

Player:Smith-Rowe
Stop with the back 3. We just don't have 3 good players to play 3 CB.

And tbh I'll give Sokratis a chance. He's somewhat fast at least.

Kav

Established Member
Arteta got it wrong with his defensive selections and then his subs.

He ought to have brought on saka for Kola. If you were going to take off pepe why not bring on nelson. We lacked creativity and there was too much space between our players. All that possession meant very little. We did **** all with the ball. I'm honestly done with the team for the rest of the season.

If Arteta doesn't get his **** sorted out by the first three months of the new season i'm calling for him to be sacked because i'm not entirely convinced by the body of his work. I'll give him the benefit for now but he needs to start improving the team and that for me means more points on the board and none of this draw merchant stuff he's been bringing.

Camus

Trusted ⭐
That performance in the 2nd half until the drinks break was encouraging.

Sp**s intentionally sat off us. It wasn't like we were so amazingly dominate that we forced Sp**s back. They wanted us to have the ball because they knew we'd do **** all with it. I don't think it was encouraging in the slightest.

KrissKringle

Reinventing VAR 😡
So, the stats are 63% possession for us and 8 shots on target for them vs. our 4.
There was no urgency from the players today, everyone being lethargic going forward and I don't understand what's going on in the middle of the park, but we seem to avoid getting the ball in the box and we just pass it backwards.

You could clearly see there was panic in the Spuds box when we would get in there, but for some reason, the players and Arteta considered it wasn't worth it.

This guy is so, so strange when it comes to subs, either making head scratching ones or making them when it's too late.

I don't trust our defense and I don't trust Arteta either. The system itself isn't bad, but it's badly managed and when it does work well, there's a pick your poison mistake made by one of the three stooges in the back 3 that sabotages the whole game plan.

Reactions: Kav

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
This guy is so desperate to look like a genius by trying to make luiz/mustafi good that he’s costing us.

Yeah, cause the defenders he isn't playing are Sol Campbell level :facepalm:

He has been handed a pretty poor team and is trying to make the best of it, this group has gotten 2 managers sacked (one of which was here for 22 years) the squad needs an overhaul to a massive extreme.

SA Gunner

Hates Tierney And Wants Him Sold Immediately

Player:Nketiah
Sp**s intentionally sat off us. It wasn't like we were so amazingly dominate that we forced Sp**s back. They wanted us to have the ball because they knew we'd do **** all with it. I don't think it was encouraging in the slightest.

Go and rewatch the highlights of this game, particularly the second half when they deliberately sat off us.

Our ability to move the ball efficiently in the middle and final third is taking shape. Xhaka, Ceballos, Tierney and Lacazette from deep today gave us an ability to pull their players out of position numerous times. Doing that to two tightly sitting banks of four is something to take encouragement from.

What's more important here is that we bring in the players to continue the work Arteta is doing. We cannot have players like Kolasinac, Mustafi and even Luiz (if possible) as consistent starting players for us next year.

Sniper Mik

Not a Closet Sp**s Fan
Really really disappointing. Thought Wolves would be a nice turning point for his in-game management but it was a false dawn.

LG10

Yeah, cause the defenders he isn't playing are Sol Campbell level :facepalm:

He has been handed a pretty poor team and is trying to make the best of it, this group has gotten 2 managers sacked (one of which was here for 22 years) the squad needs an overhaul to a massive extreme.
Why’s he giving two serial losers, luiz and mustafi new contracts?

Tom349

He's doing the same things Emery did. Maybe that says more about our players but still cowardly tactics, didn't making attacking subs while on top, slow to make changes and we get punished. Attack still seems toothless and there's a real lack of something there whole our defenders still cost us while it matters.

In any case it's so clear that he's basically learning on the job.

Literally the complete opposite. Under Emery it was a case of russian roulette. Far more disciplined and organised side under Arteta with the majority of our goals coming from individual mistakes like Kolasanic which are unforgivable.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom