• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mikel Arteta: Top Of The Klopps

Lady_Gooner

Posting While Meditating
Trusted ⭐

There’s not a manager in the world that could fix our problems in 6 months. We’ve been tragic away from home vs the top 6 for so long now. There are some really deep rooted issues at the club
I can see some small improvements & that’s a good starting point

sdotzdot

Established Member
Sp**s intentionally sat off us. It wasn't like we were so amazingly dominate that we forced Sp**s back. They wanted us to have the ball because they knew we'd do **** all with it. I don't think it was encouraging in the slightest.
Exactly, they literally done a classic mourinho and sat back and let us keep the ball, wasn’t exactly domination...

Tom349

Yeah this is a real worry.. I was hoping it was just standard press talk, but extending these guys is a ****ing joke.

We don't actually know if Mustafi is getting a contract, could easily be a ploy to make it seem like he is a required player in an effort to make whichever clubs interested in make a better offer.

ScotsGooner89

I want to give him all the chance possible, although he takes far too long to change things.

Why do you take Pepe off when we need a goal. You change the system to allow him to get in shooting positions more.

Camus

Trusted ⭐
Go and rewatch the highlights of this game, particularly the second half when they deliberately sat off us.

Our ability to move the ball efficiently in the middle and final third is taking shape. Xhaka, Ceballos, Tierney and Lacazette from deep today gave us an ability to pull their players out of position numerous times. Doing that to two tightly sitting banks of four is something to take encouragement from.

What's more important here is that we bring in the players to continue the work Arteta is doing. We cannot have players like Kolasinac, Mustafi and even Luiz (if possible) as consistent starting players for us next year.
What game did you watch? We created very very little. You're massively exaggerating how much our passing caused Sp**s problems. Which is exactly why they let us have it, they were fully aware we aren't that good attacking wise to cause even their dire defence serious problems.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Why’s he giving two serial losers, luiz and mustafi new contracts?

Arteta isn't in charge of contacts, this isn't like when Arsène was here, Mikel doesn't have that much power.

If Mikel is told we are signing them, he can either accept it or leave.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
That performance in the 2nd half until the drinks break was encouraging. I think Arteta knows what he's doing, he just needs some non-moronic centre-backs and a couple of better technical players further up the pitch.

Really annoying result but even Klopp had frustrating days like this in his first season. Bigger picture I'm optimistic.
Klopp had a LOT of days like this early on in his run :lol:. Poor ****s had Mignolet in goal!

Yeah, I wouldn't read too much into Arteta bigging them up in public. Pep does that **** all the time - look how long he'd been sucking Fodens **** in public but never giving him game time till the other day.

He just doesn't have the personnel, he's got a badly put together squad with little standout ability. I honestly thought it would be worse than it is, but Arteta so far has given me quite a bit to be cautiously optimistic about. I'm not gonna be drawn on any judgements right now.

Camus

Trusted ⭐
Exactly, they literally done a classic mourinho and sat back and let us keep the ball, wasn’t exactly domination...
It's actually embarrassing how comfortable Sp**s were in the belief that we'd eventually **** up and give them chances.

KrissKringle

Reinventing VAR 😡
I don't understand why Bellerin was kept for so long on the pitch, or for that matter, why he started ahead of Cedric. We all know Bellerin would rather pass backwards than take his man on and cross it in the box, so that right side was pretty much dead.
Cedric, for better or worse, whips in crosses, one of which was a beauty with the outside of his boot a la Quaresma and Rosicky.
Bellerin would never dare do something as flamboyant as that.

Tom349

What game did you watch? We created very very little. You're massively exaggerating how much our passing caused Sp**s problems. Which is exactly why they let us have it, they were fully aware we aren't that good attacking wise to cause even their dire defence serious problems.

This isn't true, we got the ball into good positions constantly through recycling possession and moving. The problem was the lack of courage showed by the likes of Tierney and Auba who didn't look to take the opposition on or get in behind them when others had done the work to get the ball in space. It wasn't simply Sp**s allowing space, which was clearly evident by Lacazette playing his best game so far in terms of dropping deep and being involved in the build up.

L3T5 PL4Y

Flair Accuser
I like how he set up the team but he doesn't make the most of Pepe and honestly trying get Xhaka to function properly instead of selling him at the time was a huge huge mistake. Trying to cover his flaws with multiple defenders is just wasting our attacking as well as defensive potential.

I like him so far and want him to succeed but he has to be much more braver and understand the players much faster. Otherwise we'll fall behind.

I'm still hoping he doesn't extend Mustafi and actively wants to sell Xhaka as well as Kola etc with proper replacements. Or else, we'll be ****ed again next season.

Camus

Trusted ⭐
This isn't true, we got the ball into good positions constantly through recycling possession and moving. The problem was the lack of courage showed by the likes of Tierney and Auba who didn't look to take the opposition on or get in behind them when others had done the work to get the ball in space. It wasn't simply Sp**s allowing space, which was clearly evident by Lacazette playing his best game so far in terms of dropping deep and being involved in the build up.
What part about Sp**s being happy to let us have in those positions are people not understanding? Sp**s were comfortable to let us have it outwide and a few yards from their box because they knew we weren't going to cause them problems. And we didn't. Only chances we had were when Auba hit the post and the nice pass by Xhaka to Bellerin that he controlled poorly. Maybe the Pepe one where he crossed it with his left foot instead of fizzing it. But regardless that and the Bellerin one are half chances at best, we didn't even get shots away from them. So it was only really the Auba one off the bar. Which shows why Sp**s were so comfortable in letting us have the ball, because we never threatened.

Manberg

Predator
This guy is so desperate to look like a genius by trying to make luiz/mustafi good that he’s costing us. Done a lot of good things but he is very strange and I’m not convinced he’s the right man yet.

It may not be good enough but it’s the best he has.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
I have no hope of Arteta fixing this squad Wenger Emery and now mikel we still making same errors collapsing always when things don't go our way overhaul needed defensively Partey and creative midfielder signing is a must too

Latest posts+

Top Bottom