• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

PL: Tottenham Hotspur v Arsenal | Sunday July 12 | KO: 16:30 BST | Sky Sports

• Thread starter A_G
  • Start date
  • Replies 2,087
  • Views 108,979

Match Prediction

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

mpower2540

At least if he was showing a little promise but I don’t buy all these flashy turns and fancy skills for the highlight reel.

72m down the drain when we have a better player in Saka.
One thing that does concern me is he doesn’t even look that quick. I thought he’d be electric but he’s fairly sluggish. I feel that’s down to his lack of intensity, like wake up mate it’s the NLD!!! I still think he’s got qualities that if he can settle then he’ll give us something but it’s hard to defend him right now.

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
Tbh i'm disappointed and gutted and i'll be in a sh*t mood for the rest of the day obviously, but i'm not heartbroken or devastated. It's just very irksome. This season stopped really meaning anything a long time ago, we all know that.

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
I really thought Europa was on the cards but Sheffield Utd, Wolves and sp*rs all winning really has killed that off.

People say it's a positive, but it isn't. Europa League money is useful. Very disappointing, especially dropping so many points from winning positions, 8 points since the restart dropped from winning positions.

But is it more useful than being able to get rid of crap players as we can cope with a reduced squad? Is it more useful than have a week to prepare? Is it more useful being in a competition we dont stand any chance of winning as it has been proven?

A year with no Europe might actually be ok. We arent good enough to cope with 2 competitions. Simple as.

Axel9090

Can we improve our results next year with this backline
No chance, I dont think anything changes. We bring Saliba back, Mari will become a starter but luiz, kola, bellerin, mustafi etc will be heavily involved. We cant attract upamecano anymore but its a pipe dream, even if he did want to come here.

Bloodbather

Established Member

We play a left footed cb, a left footed cm in order to play the ball to the left in Tierney. Xhaka rarely does anything else. We build up down the sides and play in a u shape till a triangle presents itself. We don't actively try and create them. I'm watching the game constantly wondering why Bellerin didn't play the ball inside or why they dont have the balls to play the ball between 2 players. It's because if they lose it they are ****ed. There is no recovery pace in the centre of the pitch. Our CBS are useless 1v1. They have to build down the sides. 9 times out of 10 if you fizz it into the forwards it bounces off them.

Our technical level is pathetic. We need to sign a technical centre forward and two technical central midfielders.

Counter-productive though, isn't it? By playing someone as useless as Kolasinac at LCB just because he's left-footed you're contributing to the very problem that results in us having to play such a rigid style.

I agree with your suggestions about our needs, but even at this moment in time there's no reason Kolasinac should be playing as a LCB. He's incredibly mistake prone, doesn't have positional awareness to cover spots and get involved in ball recovery and being a "tuff" fatass doesn't mean you offer anything defensively. We may even be better off using Tierney at LCB and Saka at LWB, at least you get more offensive creativity that way and Tierney may win a ball or at the very least not commit fatal mistakes like Kola does.

Beany

ITK
Trusted ⭐

Who do we play then? Sokratis

Mourinho loves to beat a technically superior team.

Defence and central midfield can clearly only be addressed in the summer - there is no combination of the present roster than can be relied upon not to **** the bed.

Fact remains it was on us to WIN this game -whatever our defensive frailties - but we don’t create enough clear chances from open play. Lots of tough half chances like Laca’s goal and Auba hitting the bar. We also did very little from a lot of set plays today.

TheIceman85

A mistake goal and a set-piece goal. Typical Mourinho. No doubt it will be dubbed a ‘tactical masterclass’ by the media.

Team shape looked quite good, but attack we didn’t offer enough. Pepe was a mistake; he offers little except against smaller teams. Saka offers more there even if it’s not his best position.

3-4-3 suits our players more than any system with a back 4 right now, so I can understand why Arteta is going with it.

Mustafi has improved but they targeted him in the second half and had much joy. I wonder if Arteta should consider swapping Kola and Tierney. I feel Tierney is a bit more reliable and sensible. Kola could still offer something which his powerful and marauding runs.

Martinez is fantastic and has performed almost to perfection. It’s funny that Leno was maybe our best player this season but his injury hasn’t harmed us at all.

Overall with a little more x-factor in attack and spunk in midfield, we should have won. **** Mourinho.

Manberg

Predator
Because none of our players at centreback or central midfield have any physical attributes at all, Sissoko could have played 90 minutes yesterday and would still outrun Dani and Xhaka today.

We really miss a Vieira or Campbell that could match any team from a physical point of view.

I thought Xhaka and Ceballos did alright. Our front 3 weren’t making runs nor running at the defence. We weren’t moving the ball quickly enough down the wings like we saw against Leicester either.

L3T5 PL4Y

Flair Accuser
This is the thing, the club are leaking we have no money. That’s why we’re keeping Luiz and signing Mari.
But it doesn't go with the excuse. Mari hasn't shown anything and got a serious injury. I get extending Luiz for a year but permanently signing Mari is just idiotic. If he does return to be even worse we can't move him on.

Its obvious we need a quality CB but club again opt for a ridiculous decision. If we also extend Mustafi it would be another stockpiling of **** CBs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom