• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

PL: Tottenham Hotspur v Arsenal | Sunday July 12 | KO: 16:30 BST | Sky Sports

• Thread starter A_G
  • Start date
  • Replies 2,087
  • Views 108,908

Match Prediction

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
Guys chill, not to be a positive Peter or anything, but tbf we did have the best player on the pitch today. Ceballos is actually class y'know. I like him.

I also like how Spanish he looks. He looks so damn Spanish, kinda like how Gattuso looks excessively Italian and Rabiot looks sickeningly French.

Sniper Mik

Not a Closet Sp**s Fan
Felt we looked dead after 70 minutes. No movement up front or in midfield.

Defending was horrific but we just invited pressure when we should’ve killed them off.
They sat back too deep but Mourinho pushed them up, pressed us high. And all our creativity fell apart. Combination of lack of cojones and technical quality

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Martin Tyler really bigged that up as a Mourinho masterclass, didn't he?

He is such a terrible commentator now, why couldn't he have also been caught up in that sexist scandal that got Keys and Gray sacked too :mad:

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
Europa League money is useful, that's just a fact. Also we could compete in that competition next year if we improved a bit.

I know why people look for positives in it, and yeah it's nice to have more time on the training pitch, but it's nicer to have 30-40m in the pocket to spend on transfers and wages. It's objectively bad for us to miss out on Europa League.

Do you even get 30-40m for being in it? I doubt it. To to all the way and win the thing you make about 15m. Obviously you have other sources of income like match day etc but maybe you can earn more by offloading players on 100k a week who are squad players and are needed because you have europe.

We would need to improve ten fold to win the Europa League. We have proven in the past when we play a half decent team in it we are beat.

The_Playmaker

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Counter-productive though, isn't it? By playing someone as useless as Kolasinac at LCB just because he's left-footed you're contributing to the very problem that results in us having to play such a rigid style.

I agree with your suggestions about our needs, but even at this moment in time there's no reason Kolasinac should be playing as a LCB. He's incredibly mistake prone, doesn't have positional awareness to cover spots and get involved in ball recovery and being a "tuff" fatass doesn't mean you offer anything defensively. We may even be better off using Tierney at LCB and Saka at LWB, at least you get more offensive creativity that way and Tierney may win a ball or at the very least not commit fatal mistakes like Kola does.

I am not sure why he has shifted to a back 3.

Why not play 4 3 3 and invert your left side. Why have winger who is comfortable on the touchline and a left back who is very good at passing. Push Tierney tucked into midfield, play saka ahead of him and let him stay wide. Then you can push the right back forward (AMN) and tuck Pepe in closer to Auba and Laca.

Instead of a 3-2-5 it's a 2-3-5

Saka-Auba-Laca-Pepe-AMN
-----Tierney--Ceballos--Willock
--------------Luiz----Mustafi

Is better than

Tierney--Auba-Laca-Pepe--Bellerin
--------------Xhaka-Ceballos
-----------Kola--Luiz--Mustafi

The first formation has Saka and AMN who can take their man on and recover. You have Willock and Tierney protecting the counter. At LEAST willock and break lines on the dribble and Tierney can cross from deep.

Penn_

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
What reality check?

The team and everyone else knew that they aren't good enough and a lot has to be done to improve - we've been the better team in that game ffs :lol:

Nah people clearly needed to be reminded that a lot of this squad aren’t good enough. Mustafi thread has been filled with calls for a new contract ffs.

roz

Fake News Merchant
Look closer at his movement and finishing. This is why you see him in space so often.

Not the greatest outside the box I agree, but he is a player we keep until the youngsters are ready.
Yeah he has decent movement as any good forward player should, just seems to go missing against decent sides. He did fantastically to make that half chance on the volley but other than that nothing. Should have scored that earlier chance too.

Don’t want to be too harsh on him as no one was impressive today bar Emi but for the sort of money he’s looking for to stay I really feel we should be looking at other options.

Yes he guarantees you 20+ goals a season but almost always against bottom half teams.

L3T5 PL4Y

Flair Accuser
I guarantee every single one of them will still be here next season.

The reason being no one would buy them and we like to pretend we have no money to replace them.
That doesn't make any sense though. I mean keeping them is loss of resources on and off the pitch really.

Tourbillion

Angry & Miserable
Martin Tyler really bigged that up as a Mourinho masterclass, didn't he?

He is such a terrible commentator now, why couldn't he have also been caught up in that sexist scandal that got Keys and Gray sacked too :mad:
Weird cos he used to love Arsenal.

Top Quality

This is a bad result because it's the NLD. But it's an even worse result because of what it means for our EL chances. I wish we weren't in this position, but it matters for us.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom